Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Planning & Chat Jan. 19-25

Everyone recovered from the excess of the holidays? And how are those of us in the colder climates coping with "winter" dieting? Any suggestions for cold weather snacks that are healthy?

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:43 AM   #2  

Default "Winter" dieting whining

I don't think I'll be losing much weight until the warmer weather. I find I just have to eat more to cope with being out in the snow and cold all day.

I'm also eating more in the evening because I'm just too exhausted and stressed to do anything else to stay awake.

My DH has completely fallen off the diet/health wagon so no support there either. And my dad is just getting nuttier and nuttier and I have to deal with him too.

This is going to be a hard week for me. I didn't even get on the scale this morning as I'm too demoralized right now to face the new, higher number. I'm also coming down with DH's massive head cold but I can't take any time off work to be sick. The joys of being self-employed.

there. I'm done whining for today. Off to do my yoga and try to clear out my head

Dagmar
Old 01-19-2009, 11:19 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Cold weather snacks, soup.... I make soup every sunday enough to last a the week, usually they are vegetable soups or chicken noodle soup when someone has a cold in the family, like this week...

Dagmar -- Yoga is very good for clearing the head... ommmmm

My weekend was good, I actually stayed on plan, even with a little wine on Saturday night...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:11 PM   #4  
Counter-Hipster

S/C/G: 184/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I fell off the wagon on Sunday. I'm in Philly, Eagles country, and watching the playoffs pushed me over the edge. I made the mistake of buying two frozen pizzas, a bag of frozen hot wings and a box of white cheddar Cheez-its. Luckily I left the remains of one pizza and the hot wings at my friend's place, but I'm scared of the other frozen pizza... And I have a hit out on the guy who invented Cheez-Its.... Grrr.

Getting back on the exercise wagon this week, I swear!!
dominodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

While I can't say I fell completely off the wagon, I did make a few less desirable choices and the scale disappointed me this morning. Today I'm being very, very careful.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:54 PM   #6  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominodreams View Post
I fell off the wagon on Sunday. I'm in Philly, Eagles country, and watching the playoffs pushed me over the edge. I made the mistake of buying two frozen pizzas, a bag of frozen hot wings and a box of white cheddar Cheez-its. Luckily I left the remains of one pizza and the hot wings at my friend's place, but I'm scared of the other frozen pizza... And I have a hit out on the guy who invented Cheez-Its.... Grrr.

Getting back on the exercise wagon this week, I swear!!
I had the same problem hahah. We all watched the eagles game and my mother bought so many goodies. I was like great! However I stuck with chips and salsa. I figured eating a lil bit wasnt that bad and i deserved it because I have been doing my 2lbs a week steady.

I am starting to get really bored with the foods I am eating. I need to start making some new entrees for lunch/diner.

I am down about a pants size right now. By spring I am def going to need new jeans.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
I don't think I'll be losing much weight until the warmer weather. I find I just have to eat more to cope with being out in the snow and cold all day.

I'm also eating more in the evening because I'm just too exhausted and stressed to do anything else to stay awake.

My DH has completely fallen off the diet/health wagon so no support there either. And my dad is just getting nuttier and nuttier and I have to deal with him too.

This is going to be a hard week for me. I didn't even get on the scale this morning as I'm too demoralized right now to face the new, higher number. I'm also coming down with DH's massive head cold but I can't take any time off work to be sick. The joys of being self-employed.

there. I'm done whining for today. Off to do my yoga and try to clear out my head

Dagmar
Hang in there, Dagmar!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Hi Feathers- I was the last to post last night, so I'm going to be lazy and copy and paste what I wrote. A little bit on the sleep issue (funny how many of us are affected by that!) and my loss for the week. I know we aren't supposed to be political, but I am feeling downright celebratory and can't wait for the inauguration. I will try to refrain from eating too much, which I tend to do when I'm celebrating anything.

my post from Sunday night...Hi girls,

I'm a terrible sleeper and always have been. For me, I am convinced it has to do with my natural sleep phases. I am a teacher, so I have to get up around 6, but I am very much and always have been a natural night owl. I sleep great over any break - summer is bliss- but when I have to get up to an alarm, it's brutal. It is very hard for me to go to sleep at night. Once asleep, I am asleep for the night (usually). I do have an Ambien prescription and take a half (mine are 10 mg) about 2-3 times per week to fall asleep. I would like to get off it, but for now, that's what I'm doing.

On the weight front, I lost 3 lbs. yesterday at our Biggest Loser weigh in!! I'm going to go update my ticker now. We have a little light sleet coming down here in Virginia, so after updating, it's a day of house chores and soup making for me!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

that eagles game was painful to watch. i'm surprised my dad didn't throw the remote through the tv.
Dagmar- Hope the yoga helped. relaxing always makes me eat better.
Claire- maybe try exercising in the afternoon to make you more tired for the night?
I'm just starting my TOM, so i feel really sluggish. I've eaten not so good foods today and yesterday, but still kept it in my calorie range, so it could have been worse. The exercise has been a little light, by TOM always makes me feel like crap. I'm gonna try to push through it.
On the upside, i'm done another quarter of a pound, and i took measurements this morning. half inch off my waist, and another off my hips
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the football games (too busy) but we were rooting for the Steelers. Once the Superbowl starts, though, we'll be rooting for Arizona.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #11  

how did everyone do today?
TOM is kicking my exercise plans in the butt, but i got a haircut today so i felt all pretty. yay no more split ends. i'll count that as a self reward for staying on plan this long.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:01 AM   #12  

The good thing about my head cold is that I'm not hungry at all. I'm just eating OP and not craving anything else. DH brought home BBQ chips last night and I politely passed on them.

I seem to want things with a high fluid content - soup, fruit, veggies. And loads of water, which is unusual for me.

Dagmar
Old 01-21-2009, 10:12 AM   #13  

at least you can look at your cold in a positive light
Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 AM   #14  
Ilene the Bean

Dagmar, I think the fact that you are craving high water content stuff shows that your body is talking to you and your are listening...

Today not much happening... same ole same ole.... borrrrring....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #15  
MasterHarper

Well, I have weird things going on right now.

I am up 2 lbs since Christmas, but I am also weaning my little one (FINALLY - at almost 14 months!) and my boobs have shrunk from a 34DD to a 34C/D since before Christmas. So I think those 2 lbs have gone to my belly, as my jeans are a lot looser in the leg.

I have also been good with the running, so I could well be losing fat, which isn't being reflected on the scales.

I haven't always made good food choices - having a new bf who has always been slim (therefore not understanding of the problems we face) and who thinks he is treating me by buying me chocolate, and making me meals with desserts, is not good.

TOM is also here right now so some of that 2 lbs could be water retention.

So, part good, part not good.

The upshot is that I have decided to change my maintenance range from 135-140 to 132-137 and try to lose those 2 lbs and maybe a bit more. So I'm back on the food charting wagon. Nutridiary says that I can eat 1500 cals a day and lose 0.75 lb a week, so that's what I'm going for - a slow steady loss.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote