Old 01-18-2009, 09:10 PM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Default I messed up!

Okay so I've been on plan for the last week. Doing awesome. Patting myself on the back, totaly motivated, super pumped, my own cheer squad ,likely driving my family crazy with my ra ra sis boom ba! Staring temptation in the face and saying "I don't think so!"

Then today came. I woke up with all the best intentions in the world. I was Op all day till supper at my moms. Then I had Brocoli and salad with vinaigrette instead of Ranch and chicken. Good, right? But the chicken was so good I had a wee bit too much. Then there were 4 pies. (mom was cleaning out the freezer) Apple, blueberry, strawberry rhubarb, and caramel apple. *sweat*

So I cut a tiny piece of apple and a teny sliver of blueberry. I had 2 bites of each then said Nope! that's enough I shouldn't have in the first place. The I took my daughter to the movies. We had been planning to go all week. I was not hungry. But when we got there...I had a pretzel. AND a frozen yogert.

Sigh. I'm so ashamed. To make matters worse its bedtime and i haven't worked out today. First time in 5 days. What the heck?

I guess I just need my but kicked.Thought I'd come on here and fess up. Be accountable. i know I'll get back right on track tomorrow but as I see it everyday I mess up thats one more day further away from my goal.

Last edited by TraceyElaine; 01-18-2009 at 09:12 PM.
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #2  

It will be ok. This has to be a life plan. Getting back on track the next day is a wonderful accomplishment. Get some rest and ready to be on plan tomorrow..
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:25 PM   #3  
Nine years to go!

S/C/G: 270/256/140

Height: 5'2

I wouldn't go beating yourself up over 4 bites of pie, a pretzel, and a frozen yogurt. That's a pretty small screw up!

I think it is cool that you are 'fessin up though!

You'll be fine. Get back on track for the evening and tomorrow is a new day!
Ten Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/ticker/ONEDERLAND!

Height: 5'9

That is how it starts for me too! I'll wake up super motivated and somewhere down the line it just spirals out of control lol.

5 days of exercise is plenty. I took a day off yesterday and was actually 1.7lbs down in the morning! It wont stunt your weightloss :].
heather88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/See Ticker/150

Height: 5ft 4 inches

You had FOUR pies in front of you, ate a teeny portion of two of them and you think you blew it?!?!?! LOL! You can't deny yourself desserts for the rest of your life. What you did was exert some control, you should be PROUD of yourself.

Plus, a frozen yogurt and a pretzel?! Could have been A LOT worse. It could have been popcorn with butter and candy!

So you missed working out today...then again, maybe you could do some light stretching, a few crunches...nothing too strenuous to keep you up all night, but enough to feel you did something.

Personally, I think you did great today!
irishsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/132/150

Height: 5'5"

Are you calorie counting? Maybe it isn't as bad as you think. If you are calorie counting just add it up and see. The hardest part is not saying I messed up now I might as well give up. Get right back on that weight loss horse.

Last edited by H8cake; 01-18-2009 at 09:32 PM.
H8cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:09 PM   #7  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Wow! You have such self control! I could easily have eaten the whole apple pie and Rhubarb pie right then and there. Seriously.....you did fantastic. Two smidgens of pie, a pretzel and a frozen yogurt are not going to push you over the edge. Although I know how the dissapointment feels when we don't stick EXACTLY to our plan. But like the others have said, this is a life long journey. Something we have to live with and stick with long term. Pat yourself on the back that it wasn't as bad as it could have been and hop back on plan in the morning!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #8  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

It happpens to the best of us. Just drink a ton of water and you'll be back on track in no-time. Take it as a learning experience. Keep high-protein snacks available.

Best of luck-!***********
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:18 PM   #9  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I'm willing to bet you did better than you would have done before you started this journey...So celebrate that small victory and move on to bigger and better victories!
You did good comming here to be accountabble...just remember that you have to report an OP day tomorrow now!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #10  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

Quote:
I wouldn't go beating yourself up over 4 bites of pie, a pretzel, and a frozen yogurt. That's a pretty small screw up!
I agree! Compared to my screw ups which usually entailed a whole pepperoni pizza, a large order of breadsticks and a two liter soda and that was just dinner. Dessert was worst!!! Girl fret not! You did excellent. I couldn't have eaten that little bit of pie. I love dessert so I would have had to leave. LOL You did fantastic!!! Please do not worry about messing anything, really you were great! Don't beat yourself up over this. Be happy you have such control. Not everyone can say that.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #11  
FB

Sounds like a small victory to me, honestly. You exhibited pretty good self control amidst those temptations. Like someone else asked... do you calorie count? It doesn't sound like terrible nutritional damage to me. I understand that you intended to have NONE - so you feel out of control - but seriously you didn't do that bad.

Now if you want butt kicking - don't do it again without planning it into your day if it upsets you that much!
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #12  

Height: 5ft6'

I do count calories and I was over by about 700 calories. I forgot about the leftover beef and brocolie when I got home. Blah.

Back on that horse tomorrow!!

Did I mention you guys are awesome. I feel so much more comfident about getting back at it in the AM.

HUGS!!
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

(((HUGS))) Dont beat yourself up too bad. Tomorrow is a new day, you'll have a fresh start. Good luck.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 AM   #14  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

It's a slip. A blip. You didn't eat the WHOLE pies or have an extra large popcorn and EVEN IF YOU DID you'd just get back on the horse tomorrow. You'll do it!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsarah View Post
You had FOUR pies in front of you, ate a teeny portion of two of them and you think you blew it?!?!?! LOL! You can't deny yourself desserts for the rest of your life. What you did was exert some control, you should be PROUD of yourself.
I completely agree!!! I think you did awesome. Would you be ashamed of a friend who did what you did? I doubt it, you deserve the same support and treatment. There is no shame. That's life! We enjoy things...you should amazing restraint and just like you said...you will be right back on the wagon tomorrow!
S.A.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote