Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Yay! Down another half pound this morning and I burned 440 calories on my treadmill workout (3.25 miles!). I'll adjust my stats on Monday as long as I don't have a setback on the weekend.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 185/161/148

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the welcome back, folks.

So many reasons to stop bingeing, but the most urgent for me these days is how it ruins my sleep. When I eat a lot at night, I wake up feeling completely exhausted. When I don't, I don't. You'd think I'd just stop it, but.....well, we all know how it is. Vicious circle and all that.

Anyone else have the sleep problem?

Anyway, have a good day, all. I'm going to get my butt off the computer (another bad distraction at times) and go walk the dog.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:30 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 154/147.75/120

Height: 5'2-3" ish

alinnell- congrats on the half pound AND the exercise. I'm slowly getting myself up to being able to run. kinda like a modified c25k.

Joan- I can't sleep either, but my doctor told me it was more of an anxiety thing. they gave me ambien, which helped a ton to reset my sleep schedule. I didn't have any of the bad side effects, so it was really nice. I'm finding that the exercise is really helping me, too
JadeBlue14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Sleep problems? You bet! It can be extremely frustrating to wake up at 2 AM and lie there unable to get back to sleep. I generally get only about 7 hours per night, so any time wasted not sleeping is bad for me and I end up overeating the next day due to my being tired. I'm probably going to talk to my doctor about Ambien or that other one, but in the mean time I'll allow myself an Advil PM dose once or twice a week. I still wake up when I take it, but I can go right back to sleep and still be able to get up at 4 AM for my workout without feeling foggy. I once tried Tylenol PM and woke up so foggy I was useless the entire day.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 PM   #50  

The genaric PM stuff wouldn't work for me. I'd fall asleep, but wake right back up. I was taking lunesta, but it made food taste really bad. I wasn't trying to diet at the time, so it was a really unpleasant side effect.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:19 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

My sleep is always disturbed if I eat late at night. That's why I'm not caving in to DH's repreated requests to have dinner at 8 p.m. or later.

You Americans are lucky to have so many choices for sleep aids. I've tried all the things available up here for early morning waking and none of 'em work worth a damn. Sometimes I can get back to sleep with half an Ativan but I'm really paranoid about driving the dogs around 6 hours later.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #52  

I'm down another half pound today. and I got to see the phillies world series cup at the mall today.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:45 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Hi girls,

I'm a terrible sleeper and always have been. For me, I am convinced it has to do with my natural sleep phases. I am a teacher, so I have to get up around 6, but I am very much and always have been a natural night owl. I sleep great over any break - summer is bliss- but when I have to get up to an alarm, it's brutal. It is very hard for me to go to sleep at night. Once asleep, I am asleep for the night (usually). I do have an Ambien prescription and take a half (mine are 10 mg) about 2-3 times per week to fall asleep. I would like to get off it, but for now, that's what I'm doing.

On the weight front, I lost 3 lbs. yesterday at our Biggest Loser weigh in!! I'm going to go update my ticker now. We have a little light sleet coming down here in Virginia, so after updating, it's a day of house chores and soup making for me!

Have a great day, ladies!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:56 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

p.s. There's a 3 lb discrepancy between my home weigh in and the nurse's scale at school, so I've decided to go with the school scale as my official weight until our Biggest Loser contest is over, which will be April. Hence, it looks like I lost 5 lbs (NOT!), when I really lost 3. Either way, I'm really pleased with my week and have a definite renewed motivation to continue. I'm still upset that I let myself slip so much this past fall and winter, but I feel I have a decent handle on things again.

Ok, signing off again... have a healthy day, ladies!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote