Old 01-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5ft6'

Default Biggest Cheerleader?

Hey guys. I was thinking about support today. Who is my biggest cheerleader? Who do I get the most motivation and support from? I think I am my biggest cheerleader, I think have to be to realy do it this time. Other than me my hubby is great. He drives my outta my mind some days but when it comes to this he is amazing. He tells me I am more beautiful now then when he met me (@118lbs lowest ever) and that I'll do awesome if this is what I want to do. He gives my high fives (corney but i love it) after a good workout. And then there is you guys you guys are awesome. I don't have close friends. I am too busy kids and school and work. But I love this place. it makes me feel like I'm not alone in this. My hubby's great but he can't realy understand.

So who's your cheerleader? Do you have one?
TraceyElaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #2  
FB

What a wonderful hubby you have!

My biggest cheerleader is ME! My cheerleaders have long since tired of my bragging, flexing and strutting. I wiped them out. I cheer myself on every day. I never tire myself out.

My biggest supporter is my hubby! He's my right hand man, my left hand man, my foot man (sometimes a butt man )...

My source of inspiration is this place! You guys rock my socks.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

My only cheerleaders are online. Here, and the people who read and comment on my blog. That's totally what keeps me going. Well, and myself, of course
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #4  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

That would be me also...It was all me and 3fc's until I lost about 40 lbs and people at work started noticing. Since then I geat alot of compliments and encouragement...but when it's just me alone at 10PM and there is a container of cookie dough in the freezer that is calling my name...it's just me...and I have to be the best cheerleader I can be!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #5  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

Height: 5'7"

I have to agree with you on my biggest cheerleader being ME. All of the other times that I have tried to lose weight over the past 5 years I was always looking for my primary means of support externally and it was never enough. I have finally become fed up with what I had done to my body. It didn't hurt that I gained enough knowledge to scare the piss out of myself. This past semester in nursing school I saw first hand where I was headed if I didn't lose weight or continued to gain.
There are a group of girls that I am friends with at school and they have all been fairly supportive - at least not un-supportive or trying to sabotage me. My husband has been supportive in that he encourages me to work out, gives me praise when I do, and when he or our son want to splurge they just go out "on an errand" and get ice cream or whatever. He doesn't get on me when I slip up either - he knows that I beat myself up over mistakes. He also didn't complain when the whole first week of my new way of eating when I served EVERYONE big salads at the begining of dinner. I know how much he hated it, but as a sign of solidarity he did it for me. One thing that he used to do to me when I tried to start eating healthier in the past, but he hasn't done this time is bring me treats. I don't know if he was doing it on purpose or not, but it would never fail that he would bring me home chocolate, or insist that we all go out for ice cream. It would drive me batty!

Last edited by Coffee Luver; 01-17-2009 at 12:22 PM.
Coffee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:01 PM   #6  
*Courtney Rae*

S/C/G: 245/217/160

Height: 5'5

Sounds silly but i guess my biggest cheerleader is the stupid scale. I love gettin on and seeing a loss. Also every once in a while i check in with a girl from here and its really nice when she notices a loss or she keeps losing it motivates me to keep going.
CandyKisses0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:02 PM   #7  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

My BIGGEST cheerleader is me with my husband being a VERY close second and you my friends... being close behind that!!! Love you all!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:44 PM   #8  
Living and Learning

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Yup....I am my biggest cheerleader also...for the first time ever! Then my husband who is absolutley wonderful and encouraging but skinny as a pole and doesn't *really* understand my daily struggle. And of course you guys!
gumboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:47 PM   #9  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

I'm not my biggest cheerleader yet, but I'm working on that. I'd love to say it's my husband, but he's such a man and doesn't really understand exactly what I need. I'd love to say it's the people here on the 100lb club, but I've not been a steady poster over the last 6 months. My biggest cheerleaders are a group of ladies that I met on the Biggest Loser challenges here on 3FC and with whom I still chat. They know me and they kick my butt when I need it.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:48 PM   #10  
career counselor a-gogo

S/C/G: HW:~330 325/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I think for me it's you guys, the scale, and myself.
rodeogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #11  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Like Rhonda, I am still working on becoming my biggest cheerleader. I'm pretty hard on myself most of the time. My sister and my close girlfriends are there to cheer me on until I figure out how to do it for myself, though. They are all pretty awesome and I'm thankful for them, because without them I would have given up ages ago.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

I guess I'm not alone in saying that I'm my own biggest cheerleader.

I have a great husband who is very supportive, and helps me in his own best way. But, I'm the one doing this, I'm the one bringing in the food, and making my meals, and going to the gym. I'm the one who is constantly in my head, cheering myself forward.

So, while my husband is my biggest fan, I'm the biggest cheerleader... and team player... and coach
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #13  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

Me, all of you, and my husband.
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #14  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Well, I guess the biggest one would be me, because if I wasn't cheering myself on, then I would not be getting cheered on by other people. Because I cheer me on, I found this site. Because I cheer me on, I found everyone else who cheers me on too.

Aside from me though, would be everybody on this site, my girlfriends at school, my mom, my dad, my sis, my guidance counselor... etc etc etc. Hahaha, I'm pretty open about the fact that I'm trying to lose weight.

My principal too, since it was her who basically made it possible for me to own an elliptical!
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #15  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

My biggest cheerleader is me as well. My family isn't really one to go out of their way to show affection to each other. In fact me and my sister joke a lot and she's been cracking at my food choices and such but nothing to get me down.
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote