Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 09:43 AM   #1  

Default New Month - Renewed commitment

Ah, nothing like the start of a new month! I felt I did well enough in August (in fact overall pleased) but it was getting a bit easier to falter. But with the brand new slate of September (and Fall) before me I think I'm ready to break out of the gate again.

Again, this is for me. If no one else notices, that's fine. I plan to be a bit more fit when October 1 comes. And that's stress or no stress (because there sure will be stress - that's life).
Old 09-01-2002, 10:12 AM   #2  
hot mom wanna be!

Hey Anagram!
I am with you. I did very good in August but this past weekend was bad for me diet wise. I did a lot of eating out, going out in general and not sticking to my eating plan (think margaritas and chips and salsa, etc...) I had a blast-- but I am paying for it in guilt. I think I may wait a few days to check the scale. But I am back on track. I dont want to turn one fun weekend into a huge slip. I have a way to go to reach goal and its ok to have some fun but enough is enough!!

September is here, time to get it in gear!!
laura
Old 09-03-2002, 09:15 AM   #3  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey Anagram- I am 100% with you. I have no idea what my issue has been lately, but I just have NOT been able to be perfectly op and have been barely making the points I've been getting on the challenge... so I am ready to start fresh and make this the best month yet!!!
Old 09-03-2002, 10:56 AM   #4  

I'm with you anagram!! Fall is my favorite season, & it's going to be a great time to renew my committment to weight loss. I'm going to challenge myself to journal absolutely everything. I don't know what my deal is, I just haven't been writing it down. I keep track in my head, but that just doesn't cut it as it is too easy to forget something.

So here's to September & leaving it a healthier, happier person!
Old 09-03-2002, 02:30 PM   #5  

I've always considered Fall time the new start of a new year. Must have been because that is when school started. New year, new clothes, new classes.

Well..new commitment. My birthday is fast approaching, as are the holidays.

Old 09-05-2002, 04:25 PM   #6  
hot mom wanna be!

hey anagram-
how is your month going so far?? Well, I thought I would check back and report my "sins" to you. I let my slip turn into a big slip but today hopefully is the beginning again! I had great intentions when I posted, but kept slipping. Its almost dinner time and I have been OP all day. hope everyone is sticking with their goals this month!

laura
Old 09-05-2002, 05:26 PM   #7  

Well, I did some slipping over the weekend but I've been back on track since Monday and feeling pretty good. Been very hard because I'm stressed over dh's kidney problems. Yesterday he was put on a low potassium diet which is really a challenge. But we'll work it out eventually and eventually all the tests will be run and we'll have some answers and know what we must do.

I'm glad I posted my September enthusiasm and recommitment before all this fell on us because now I'm holding on tightly to my own words so I don't have to eat them. I love Sept/Oct and that should help keep me up and "running". Run with me, Lorelei. You've lost so much, I know you can do it.
Old 09-06-2002, 05:53 PM   #8  
hot mom wanna be!

Sorry to hear about your hubby's health problems. Its always something isnt it?? I am glad to let you know I am 100% back. I did well yesterday and today. I dont want to let slipping turn into quitting!! Thanks for the compliments-sometimes I am so amazed by my loss and sometimes just take it for granted which I know I shouldnt do!!
I'll hang with ya girlie and we will do this together! People wont recognize us at Christmas!!
laura
Old 09-06-2002, 07:54 PM   #9  

Did well again today. Just determined. May not lose but it won't be because I'm not trying. I'm finding dh's restrictions enforcing my own portion control. Tonight we ate out and we BOTH brought home half our dinner. Did a good walk again tonight too. Ah, the power of FALL.
Old 09-07-2002, 05:45 PM   #10  
hot mom wanna be!

Hi Anagram!
Glad to hear you are doing well, sometimes I really feel maintaining is doing well too. It sure beats the heck out of slowly gaining all the time. I did well yesterday and today too. Hopefully by the end of this month we will be so glad we stuck it out! Only 3 months until the holidays you know!
laura
Closed Thread