Old 01-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Default Losers and Friends - Jan 12 - Jan 18

ok, where is everybody?? we don't have school today and I am the first one here? lets have a great week folks!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:30 AM   #2  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

good morning everyone.

well, i was suppose to have a dr appt today for my usual check-up, but the assistant i'm suppose to see this month and next because my dr is on maternity leave is out sick today. ugh. i just finished getting ready (hair straightened, makeup on, dressed and everything) and then i get a call from the receptionist. UGH! what a pain.
anyways...that's the start to my day. and the weather is suppose to start getting pretty bad later this morning and all the way through tomorrow as well. lovely. i saw the high for thursday is -1 and the low is -30. can't wait for that.

ok..enough of my venting/complaining for now. i guess it truly is a monday.

be back later. if DS allows me to!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:47 AM   #3  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Jillilan........I have to tell you, I'd be power pissed if if I got all pretty to go to an appt. and they cancelled at the last minute. Especially an OB appt......they are always so exciting. At least they were for me. It's not like you find out anything earth shattering......but it always feels good to leave that office with a clean bill of health for mama and baby. Heck, maybe you ought to take DS out for coffee since you're all ready anyway Or, hit the mall for an hour.

Lettie......I have 3 kids faking sick today. I am quite certain it is cuz DH is out of town.....but who knows. I am sure they feel kinda icky...it is monday, and they did have late nights this weekend......but COME ON!!!! I was just too crabby to deal with it.......so I have 5 out of 6 kids in bed still. I do have to shake them out pretty soon though......otherwise they will never go to bed tonight. Why don't ya'll have school today?

Well, everyone.......it is monday........but that doesn't mean it cannot be a great day for staying OP and losing a tenth of a pound. You know, for those of us who renewed our committments on the first of the year......we are almost halfway there to learning these new habits. So, even if it is hard today, remeber, it gets easier each day, and we get stronger with each good choice
XOXO

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 01-12-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: grammar geek
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:03 AM   #4  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Nicole - you kill me. Faking sick. Love it!

Had a good weekend, didn't have anything planned except for a trainer appt Sat AM. I love weekends like that, and they are rare. I did a ton of laundry, re-organized my closet and dresser drawers, and made some yummy veggie soup.

DH has a job interview tomorrow and he's freaking out. He got headhunted from an engineering/design firm he has worked with at his current job. He's been at his current employer for over 20yrs. He's been up my butt about interviewing skills for a week now! I want him to be happy, but in this economy, I'm not all that thrilled that he wants to leave a fairly secure job. Que sera, sera, right? In order for it to be worth his while they would have to pony up a lot of $$.

Time for my morning snack! Greek yogurt - my new best friend.

Last edited by Kimphin; 01-12-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: word geek!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Yay! This is the week I can really join in! I start the plan tommorrow! Hopefully I don't die of carb withdrawal the first couple days lol
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

You can do it Kristin.. Just gotta keep your eyes on the prize.. And remember this.. With the LAWL plan it is VITAL that you remain completely POP for it to work.. It's all about balance and while the little bites and nibbles of off-plan foods may seem harmless, they can throw you out of whack.

Later on, your body will be more forgiving for small diviations from Plan, but in the beginning, you gotta remain strong.

Have a great week everyone! Liz and I are officially on TO, so wish us luck too.. We're doing it with cantalope this time around, so we'll see how it goes.. So far so good, but I'm concerned that my bad lunch yesterday may come back to haunt me when I hit the scale tomorrow.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Kristin - I always found the bars to be my savior when it came to carb cravings.

Nicole - My oldest DS was feeling sick last night and asked "mom, what happens if I don't feel better tomorrow?" My response was "You will." He's never stayed home sick from school (KNOCK ON WOOD) and so he still accepts these responses... lucky me I usually threaten that I'm going to have to drop them off at someone else's house because I have to work, that scares them into wanting to go to school. I guess it's different when you are at home.

Kim - good luck to DH - any decision will be the right one.

Jillian - I'd go to the Dr. office just to kick someone, then just turn around and leave. They can't blame you, you're hormonal
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #8  

Thanks guys, I am excited to finally get this going and to start seeing the pounds drop! I am planning meals and pre-cooking things tonight so it is easier to remain POP. I do tend to lead a fairly busy, unpredictable lifestyle so I need to make sure I always have on plan meals ready to go pretty quickly.

My understanding is there are some foods restricted for the first 4 weeks. Anyone know what that may be? I only have the free to live book to go by.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Kristin - no beef or pork for the first 4 weeks - I can't remember all of the protein restrictions, but this was a big part of it.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi all. All is good my end. I am down a lb, so that is good.

Jillian- Oh, how rude. At least you are fixed up for the day though!

Dan and Liz- GL with TO!

Nicole- I am so sick of my kids, no way would I have let any of them stay home sick. NO WAY! LOL.

Kim- Hope your DH's interview goes well!

Mary- How did the weekend go?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

so the weather got pretty nasty and it's pretty much a blizzard outside so Julia's school is closing at 130pm. former dh came and picked up DS and is now on his way to get her. boo. now i'm all alone for the rest of the day. i hear a nap calling me, i think.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #12  

No beef or pork at all huh...yikes...I don't eat much fish so sounds like a LOT of chicken and eggs..lol Oh dear...
Old 01-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

nicole it is one of those teachers have meetings all day... days. this monday and next monday. I think it is funny that next week we are off for teacher day... and the north gets MLK day... hmmmm
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh my goodness, Lettie....why don't they just give MLK day some due respect and call the day off in his honor? I won't go political on you guys, but I just hate it when simplicity gets lost.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #15  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hay all! I am on TO today too! Whoo hoo! TO power! A few of my girlfriend and I are doing it. So I hope it goes well so far it has been easy! Knock on wood! We had a blizzard warning last night through this afternoon it was pretty nasty out this am.

Good luck Kristin! Time will fly by!

HI Dan, Nicole, Kim , Lettie and Jillian! And anyone else I missed! Have a great monday!

I am glad a few of us are on TO together!

Congrats on the lb Katie!

Last edited by cecil; 01-12-2009 at 02:57 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote