Old 01-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Default Help, I need breakfast ideas!

I hate getting up in the mornings so I do everything at night, shower, laying clothes out, getting lunch ready, and then the alarm goes off and I have 20 minutes (if I don't hit the snooze button) to get out the door.

Does anybody have any breakfast ideas other than yogurt or cereal that are quick - yes I am looking for the easy way out?
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

kashi waffles?
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:22 PM   #3  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Make egg salad (with crackers or not) you eat it cold and you can add veggies like carrots onions and celery into it too. Stores nicely in the fridge over night!

Tuna salad (if you like tuna and don't mind it in the morning) same thing as egg salad:P
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

One of my favs is to crack and egg into a bowl, cover with gladwrap and microwave for 40-50 seconds. Then pop that onto a wholegrain toasted english muffin with a little shaved ham and some avocado and viola!

One very yum under a minute to prepare, egg and ham breakfast muffin
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #5  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

You can buy a bag of Ore Ida potatoes (hash brown style) they have no added oil like alot of other bagged potatoes. Just throw em in a pan and in the oven for 20 minutes and you're done.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 PM   #6  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Or a smoothie... buy a bag of frozen mixed fruit & some orange juice, put it in a blender and your'e done.
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #7  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I use the costco single serve bags of nuts. The box comes with cashews, peanuts and almonds. Each has 2oz-- anywhere from 330-340 cals per bag.

really convenient on the go eating
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/153/145

Height: 5'9"

I vary my breakfasts between oatmeal, apples, and special k bars. Delish and easy.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:10 PM   #9  

Yogurt
Fresh Fruits
Oatmeal
WW muffin
Special-K cereal

... Just some of the things I usually have for breakfast.
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:29 PM   #10  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

Height: 5'7"

I toast up half of an english muffin, cook up 2 egg whites, grab a slice of 2% american cheese, and a piece of ham lunch meat and put it all together in an open-face breakfast sandwich. Yum.
Coffee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm the same way, I'm not a morning person, although I do shower in the morning due to my hair (curly.)

I like to have steel cut oatmeal in the morning. I put the oats and water in a pan the night before, bring to a boil, boil a couple of minutes (due to the altitude here-at sea level just boiling should be fine) and then put a cover on and let it "cook" overnight. This way I only have to reheat in the morning.

I even prepare my bowl the night before. I put my ground flax, dried fruit, and sweetener in a bowl and it's ready for the oatmeal come morning.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 PM   #12  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

cut up & freeze bell peppers and onions
when you first wake up, sautée the peppers and onions on medium heat
crack 3 eggs, use 2 egg whites and one whole egg
whip them together and add to the frozen veggies
add cheese if desired

put them in a WW tortilla, add salsa and reduced fat sour cream if desired

LOVE IT!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #13  
Age Quod Agis

S/C/G: 184/177/134

Height: 5'5.5''

I baked little quiche muffins once a week (enough for the week) and microwave them in the mornings. You can also just bake a regular quiche in a pie dish and slice it up.

Quick way to have eggs for breakfast.

You can also bake your own low-calorie muffin in advance.

Sundays (or whatever day you have off work/ school/ life) is always a good day to prep meals for the week if you are on-the-go. I could NOT diet without my prepared meals!
sweetshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:11 PM   #14  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

yeah I have some great ideas! breakfast is the most important meal of the day and my favorite!

Here are some of my quick breakfasts

*Instant packets of oatmeal- quakeroats make a weight control and sugar free variety anywhere from 100-130 cals per packet add a sweet n low or splenda and even a half cup of skim milk if you want..

*Thomas light wheat english muffins with laughing cow cheese! MMMMM- the best! and a fruit cup like the dole no sugar added peach cups or mandarins oranges

*Kashi or Ego whole grain waffles pop them in the toaster and viola! add a couple squirts of I cant believe it's not butter and 1/4 cup of sugar free low cal syrup!

*Aunt Jamima whole grain frozen pancakes! 3 of them for only 230 Cals with some syrup and a little cant belive its not butter..MMMM also very good!

*Jimmy Dean Di Light breakfast sandwiches- they taste like egg mcmuffins!

*reduced fat toaster scrambles ( by the same company that makes toaster strudels)- only 180 cals for one- quick and easy!

*eggs beaters, turkey bacon and 45 calorie toast- eat separately or put it on toast and make a sandwich or with an wheat english muffin

*bagelfuls the whole grain ones are healthier at 180 cals but the regular ones are 200 cals- it's a small portion but it's quick and you can grab it on the go!
egg beaters, with non fat cheese put it on low carb/low cal or a extra thing yellow corn tortilla by mission make breakfast burrito- or even with laughing cow cheese

*south beach diet cottage cheese cups I take 2 of them and then dump them out into a bowl and add a fruit cup either a no sugar added peaches or mandarins oranges or fruit cocktail mix it together- you could also use regular low fat cottage cheese but then you have to measure- if you notice I like pre measured things..lol

*Take some apple sauce sprinkle in some cinnamon warm up in micro wave for 45 secs... warm apple sauce is the bomb! have half a an English muffin or a piece of toast with it

*Peanut butter and jelly sandwhich- on 45 calorie bread 2 tablespoons of Skippy natural peanut butter-180 cals and 2 table spoons of sugar free jelly!- about 20 cals- Yumm!

*yogurt with fresh fruit

*other great grab go go items are prepacked apple slice bags, pre packaged container of grapes with string cheese Safe way carry's these their advertised for kids by the brand name "eating right", special k bars, 90 granola bars, special k cerreal- Also I tihnk I've also seen weight watchers frozen breakfast tv meal's The brand is Smart ones by weigh watchers.. I've never tried them but am going to!

I could go on and on- I love breakfast

! so I've had to be inventive to keep eating the foods I love for breakfast but just in quick healthy versions

Last edited by mariamherrera; 01-13-2009 at 11:15 PM.
mariamherrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:32 AM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Boil up 2 eggs the night before. Peel them and put them in a container and into the fridge overnight. Add fruit, a small V8 and a yogurt (or a half cup cottage cheese) and you have breakfast.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote