Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/233.5/160

Height: 5'7

Exclamation James Zeta - Lose 18 lbs in 4 days?! WHAT?!

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty much new here, I've been observing for a while and decided to join, and finally decided to post. It think this is a great site and all of the before/after pictures look amazing, and the people who are still in progress also look amazing!! And to those who haven't put pictures up, well, I'm sure you don't need me to tell you how you look - I'm sure you can feel it!

So anyway,

I was wondering if anyone had tried the James Zeta diet, where he claims that you can lose up to 20 pounds in 4 days just by strictly following his 4 day diet, and he says that if you exercise, then it won't work! (It costs $30 to buy the daily meal plans) What do you guys think of this, and has anyone tried it before?

Thanks,

AJ
AdotJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

sounds like a bunch of bs to me.... if you were to lose any huge amount of weight like that it would strictly be water weight...unfortunately.
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi AJ

About the James Zeta thing. I just googled it a bit... sounds very Scammy. Check this out: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ght=james+zeta

Often if you think something sounds too good to be true, it is. I don't believe losing 20 lbs in 4 days in healthy at all for anyone.

Quite honestly, if you're interested in losing the weight and keeping it off, you're better off finding a program you know you can handle for the long-term. There are plenty of well-known and proven methods under Diet Central, where members are working these programs as lifestyle changes.

I wouldn't waste any money on any product that claims you can/will lose x amount of weight within x time.

But eitherway! I hope you post wherever you're comfortable, settle in and tell us a little bit about what changes you'd like to make and how you'd like to do them We do want to encourage you to be healthy.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #4  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Made me wonder what appendage you'd have to cut off to manage that kind of loss.

My best advice, AJ . . . take a look around here and design yourself a plan that you can stick with for the long haul.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:06 PM   #5  

Thanks!

I wasn't thinking about doing it anyway. I think it's so unhealthy, and I read some people who tried it, and they said they felt dizzy, and sick and were ALWAYS hungry. I could never do that, lol. I love food. But they sia dthey lost about 7 pounds in the four days.

Anyway, I wouldn't buy it either, mostly because my friend bought this acai berry on-line and she was all excited to try it and everything, and all you had to do was pay shipping, and you got a free trial bottle, and then they kept charging her on her VISA, for like, $100 a month, and they sold her visa card number to a couple of other places. But she didn't read the terms and conditions, so it was kind of her fault. But they were really hard to find. So yeah, I'm iffy about buying anything like that. Or even about buying on-line.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:07 PM   #6  

PS I don't want to wait 20 days to have a signature, lol, I want to put my ticker up!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Oh they may have lost weight... but that doesn't mean that they lost FAT, nor does it mean that they kept off the weight loss once those 4 days are over. They were probably dizzy from dehydration, and hungry from lack of food. (A combination that will not result in long-term weight loss maintenance. )

And, yes, there are risks to buying anything online.

Is there a plan that you are looking to try? Or are you interested in making a few small habit changes?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 PM   #8  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdotJ View Post
PS I don't want to wait 20 days to have a signature, lol, I want to put my ticker up!
Sadly, due to spammers, everyone has to wait 20 days. But you can always use it as a mini-goal. Stick around for 20 days, and have a ticker to update your progress!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:18 PM   #9  

Lol. I've looked at a large number of the stories that people post - a lot of them sounds like mine! But I feel like I get a lot of exercise in my days - although probably not as much. I have to walk a while to get to my university (cuz the buses are on strike) and I'm glad, cuz I get exercise, and I save money! So hopefully I can continue walking instead of taking the bus (although it is cold some days). And there is a rink near my house so I've gone skating a couple of times.

Mostly though, I want to change my eating habits. I've looked at what some other people have used for their meals, and some recipes (I'm a huge fruit fanatic), but it's easy to go out and buy stuff, but know what to look for (calories, low fat, how much whole wheat is actually in that bread, etc.). But I've been doing my research and it's been going well. I'm starting to get a sense of what to look for next time I buy groceries.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #10  
Made of Starstuff

That sounds great! When it comes to exercise, any amount that you can start with and stick with is the right amount.

And as far as foods go... it's going to be the small changes that add up, and researching and knowing what is healthier for you is the first step. So, you're well on your way!

(And I heart fruit, too ^_^)
Old 01-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #11  

Thanks Faerie!

And wow.. I kind of underestimated this site.. The whole "support" part of it, but to be told that I'm "well on my way" just makes me smile!! Especially coming from someone who was once in my position! And you must have worked SO hard to lose 108 pounds!! Good job! That's insane!! Definitely inspiring!
Old 01-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #12  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Thanks Faerie!

And wow.. I kind of underestimated this site.. The whole "support" part of it, but to be told that I'm "well on my way" just makes me smile!! Especially coming from someone who was once in my position! And you must have worked SO hard to lose 108 pounds!! Good job! That's insane!! Definitely inspiring!
Thanks

I won't lie. It's hard work, but it's good hard work. And quite honestly, it's all from small changes here and there. They just add up. So I know you can do the same!

You mentioned university, so I'm assuming you're round about 20 something? There's a 20-something's forum (as you may have noticed), but there's also the 100 lb Club, some areas based on interest, even the General Chatter section to just chill and talk. Lots of places to post and a ridiculous number of recipes and tips and weight loss philosophies, etc. So I'm positive you'll find a fun place

Just, keep posting, and keep everyone updated. We really truly want you to succeed.
Old 01-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #13  

Yeah, I'm 20.. Almost 21, and thanks! I sort of looked around but don't know how I get to places. Lol, just clicking things that sound interesting!! Thanks! (PS: I see your posts on a LOT of threads - it's cool how you're so supportive).
Old 01-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #14  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
(PS: I see your posts on a LOT of threads - it's cool how you're so supportive).
Ha! I just like to blabber on
Old 01-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #15  
aka dawn

S/C/G: 330/195/160

Height: 5'9

I dont believe in any of those diets, And of you do them and lose, your will probobly gain it right back : (
violentgirlx is offline   Reply With Quote