Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2001, 10:46 PM   #1  

I was out of town over the weekend and ate at a Bennigan's restaurant. There were several items on the menu labeled "health club" and it gave the fat content for those items. I ordered the chicken vegetable stir fry based on the fact that it contained 14 grams of fat. I just checked the Bennigan's web site and it is labeled 14 grams of fat for the chicken and 10 grams of fat for the vegetables! It really annoys me that I was led to believe that the dish contains 14 grams of fat when it actually had 24. To me that makes a huge difference.

asta
Old 02-19-2001, 11:13 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Asta--

I haven't eaten at Bennigan's but it sounds a lot like TGI Friday's. Big portions -- lots of calories!

MrsJim
265/159/145
Old 02-20-2001, 01:11 AM   #3  

It is a lot like TGI Fridays, but they do have a few items that are OK. It is the misrepresentation that gets to me.
Old 02-20-2001, 01:52 AM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

10 grams of fat for veggies is a heck of a lot - as well as 14 grams. Must be using a LOT of fat in their cooking!

Jim and I went to Chevy's for Valentine's Day (love those tortillas!). They have a spring veggie fajita plate -- you can request that they grill the veggies using very little oil (I believe that's what they do in the first place) and also ask for whole-wheat tortillas (but darn it, they just aren't as tasty as the regular ones...) to replace the basket of chips. Also, ask for vegetarian black beans on the side and go reeeeeally light on the guacamole and sour cream and heavy, heavy, heavy on the salsa! Now, if I hadn't had those margaritas, I wouldn't have gone above my calorie count for the day - but what the hey, it's Valentine's Day and I didn't have any chocolate!!!

MrsJim
265/159/145
Old 02-20-2001, 02:39 AM   #5  

Hey, Asta -- wanted to reassure you -- you can get the stir fry either with or without meat -- the veggie version has 10 grams; the chicken version has 14 (includes the veggies). So you were okay! Only 14 grams of fat (not 24) for the chicken version.

Hope that helps!

SNS
Old 02-20-2001, 03:57 AM   #6  

Hey there ShortNStout, thanks for the clarification! Now I don't have to waste my energy being annoyed with Bennigan's. It sure helps to have the right info.

asta
Closed Thread