Old 01-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Default Birthday Ideas

I will be 31 on Jan 21 and I need NEW ideas for my birthday, so please HELP!!!
Every year my hubby takes me out for dinner. This year we have cut way back on our spending so that is NOT an option. We are trying to come up with a way for us to celebrate that will not cost an arm and a leg and will not leave me feeling guilty for overdoing sweets. Also, sugar is a major trigger for me and if I eat even a small portion, I will overdo it for many days after. So with that in mind, I know that I will be getting a new exercise game for my wii fit, but he still wants to do something else special. It cannot cost more than say $10, and since we have 2 kids (dd 8, ds 5) it has to include them. A babysitter is not optional with our budget right now. All ideas are welcome!
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/230/145

Height: 5'4

How about a movie and popcorn night for the family? Or game nite for the family either on the wii or board games, etc.
3turkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

oh, boy- that's a tall order. I agree with 3turkeys- maybe get a movie from the redbox and stay in with the family.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

How about going on a nice hike or do you have any geocache things around you? I have never done it, but lots of people tell me that it is a lot of fun for families.

Last edited by rileyozzy; 01-08-2009 at 09:40 PM.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

I say a romantic evening in, after the kids are asleep. My hubby and I have those kinda dates quite often. He can give you a massage, a glass of wine if you want, bubble bath maybe. Just a night where he pampers you. You could even have a romantic dinner for 2 after the kids are sleep, and there is no harm in makeing them go to bed a little early if necessary
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #6  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Do you have family around that can babysit for an hour or so? You and DH could go out for coffee and...

I like the idea of movie night in too.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #7  

Thanks so much everyone for the ideas! My hubby has decided he wants to cook me dinner, so he will be grilling some flat iron steak and some veggies, my fave! He also my get his parents to watch the kids as well-the best gift of all. He says he wants to pamper me and will do anything to make me happy-and I plan to take advantage! Thanks so much for all of your ideas-I bet we will do a movie and popcorn night that week, too, so the kids can celebrate with me.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #8  
restarted

S/C/G: 233/229/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyozzy View Post
How about going on a nice hike or do you have any geocache things around you? I have never done it, but lots of people tell me that it is a lot of fun for families.
I was thinking about a hike, too, or a family bike ride - you can incorporate a picnic in there some where as well - those are always fun. Exploring a new park in your area would be fun for everyone as well.
Or your DH and kids could plan a "Pamper Mom" day. They could bring you breakfast in bed (and clean up after themselves ), draw you a bubble bath, give you a mani/pedi., rub your feet and hands... Then after the kids go to bed DH can give you a romantic full body massage.

ETA: I just had my birthday, I can't have a birthday without cake - not to mention my son would have been UPSET with no cake seeing as how we really only have cake on birthdays. So, I went to the best bakery in town and bought one slice of cake for everyone. I also considered getting each of us a cupcake, but they didn't have any, so I went with a slice each. If sugar is a trigger for you I understand you not doing it, but buying it buy the slice is a great way to portion control. And, honestly, I only ate half of my slice - it was tasty, but I was satisfied with half. So, you never know - you might be stronger than you think.

Last edited by Coffee Luver; 01-10-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Coffee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #9  

Now I like the idea of only buying one slice of cake! I will definitely be doing that this year instead of making my own cake from scratch and either giving away or trashing the leftovers so I don't eat it! Thanks so much everyone for they ideas-I will let you know how it goes!!!