WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 01-08-2009, 04:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Set Points Question

So let’s say you are having low-fat chili for dinner & you want to use the set point feature & not weigh & measure.

The chili consists of
Lean ground beef: 5 set points
Kidney beans: 5 set points
Pinto beans: 5 set points
Onions, peppers, seasonings, etc: 0 set points

How would you count this??

I’m thinking that because the beef, pinto & kidney beans all qualify as “proteins/lean meats” counting it as 5, plus what ever points the tomato juice has.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Set points questions aren't getting a whole lot of help lately - people who go to meetings won't get this information until they've been to 5 meetings post-Momentum. I will be happy to help you out, but I am 3 weeks away from knowing about it myself
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/171.8/150

Height: 5'10"

Jill,
I don't go to meetings so I don't know this for sure but I remebered reading somewhere that each item has to have the set points counted individually so if you don't want to measure you would have to count 15 points. But that sounds crazy so even if that is the correct way I would go with your averaging 5 points
chelley123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:06 PM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Set points questions aren't getting a whole lot of help lately - people who go to meetings won't get this information until they've been to 5 meetings post-Momentum. I will be happy to help you out, but I am 3 weeks away from knowing about it myself
I know. I want to know what these things are now. I hate waiting. >.< And no one helps. But at least 3FC wasn't snotty about my question like the WW message board. O.O
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
I know. I want to know what these things are now. I hate waiting. >.< And no one helps. But at least 3FC wasn't snotty about my question like the WW message board. O.O
Meh. Never liked the way their message boards were set up anyways. Makes it impossible to find things. And they tend to be rather clique-ish there.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

SetPOINTS values allow members some flexibility in eating situations while still maintaining control. Members will be able to put into practice the skill of listening to their body signals combined with the structure of the POINTS Weight-Loss System. Research with this new feature indicated that members found it most useful in eating situations where they didn’t want to feel like they were on a diet, such as eating out in a restaurant with friends. Or, being able to eat as many strawberries as they like until satisfied, as a snack."

I interpret that to mean that while "stressful" situations usually occur outside the home, they can occur at the home too if you are entertaining, for example, and don't want to be seen weighing and measuring."

and

"There is going to be some 'different' points of view on SetPoints....this is from the leaders manual and doesn't help 'solve' it:

Are you able to use the SetPOINTS value feature for grains, starchy vegetables, protein and fruit in one day?

You can use the feature as much or as little as you want to as long as you stick to your daily POINTS Target (including your weekly POINTS Allowance if you desire to use it) for the day. For example, you could use the feature for fruit at breakfast, some pasta for lunch, and some grilled chicken for dinner. Keep in mind however, that you always have the choice to count the regular POINTS values for a food instead of counting the SetPOINTS value."

Additionally online and in the books it is all explained under DINING OUT or AWAY FROM HOME sections....but that doesn't mean you can't. My leader is stressing it for situations for dining away from home or when you have people over and you don't want to weight and measure like at a dinner party.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:45 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimere View Post
It may have seem snotty but being a regular poster at the WWMB W/W bans people when they give out the information.

I know it's hard for meeting goers that they don't get the information all at once like Monthly Passers; E-toolers and Onliners but there are rules that WW setforth on their site and frowns on and does ban people who violate it.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote