Old 12-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

Default 40ish and in need of support

Wow, I just noticed that I first joined 3FC in 2006, not sure what happend but I am back and ready to make a change.
My biggest issues are comfort eating and not making time for exercise...sound familiar to anyone else???
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:01 AM   #2  
Eternal Optimist

S/C/G: 172/166/Fit & Healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hello Trob - Yep, I'm right there with ya! I've been resisting an entire lifestyle overhaul, but I think that's the only solution. Poor eating habits + no exercise = fat, dumpy, unhappy lady. It's as non-negotiable as 2+2=4.

Let's do it this time, okay? Which meal plan will you use?
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/218/168

Height: 5'8"

The deciding on what and how to proceed is one of my biggest hang-ups. I have done WW twice and was successful the first time around but bombed BIG TIME the second time. I have also done Weigh Down which is a faith based program with some success. I thnk that I am going to pick the best aspects of each and add in a good dose of common sense. I am also going to look into Snap Fitness.
What do you have planned?

Last edited by trob; 12-29-2008 at 02:04 PM.
trob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:07 AM   #4  
Eternal Optimist

S/C/G: 172/166/Fit & Healthy

LOL - we share the same hang-up! I figure, if I'm going to change how I eat, I want to do it the healthiest way, and one I can do forever. But so much of the diet info conflicts each other. So I'm kinda doing a mix-n-match...

I've had good luck with the WW Core plan, but I'm a compulsive overeater, so the "eat until you're satisfied" advice doesn't work for me - at least right now. I think South Beach is great, but a little restrictive, as I don't care much for meat and I'm allergic to milk protein (if it doesn't fit my lifestyle, I won't do it). The exchange system makes sense, as does calorie counting, as long as it's based on the right foods.

So... I'm eating Core-type foods (which are basically the same ones in South Beach Phase 2), trying for an overall balance of 50/30/20 (carb/fat/protein) with about 1400 calories a day. For exercise I'm doing Turbo Jam and Callanetics.

I know the fat in my plan seems a little high, but I have eczema and need good EFA's for my skin. Good for the heart, too!
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #5  
Sheronica

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Height: 5'4

I have never used this method of computer, completely anaware of if I am even doing this correctly. All I know is that I am an overweight mom of an over weight daughter of 11. She plays piano, basketball, bowls, etc. but still every little bite stays on her. Thank God she has height on
her side 5'6. But , I am need, NEED support and recipes, I am feeling like a failure.I am always being the bad guy, nagging mom, no, here's a apple....o.k. I am gonna stop. Anybody out there gone thru sort of the same thing? Help?!
Sheronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:03 AM   #6  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Trob and Pinkie~
I am there...and looking for a wayout! Likewise with repeated efforts that too frequently (and too soon) get off track. I have GOT to do something this time. All time high weight, and facing depression/avoiding people for the first time in my life. Hope to see you two around.

Sheronica~
You've found the right place. You'll figure things out as you go. I don't have overweight children, (THANK GOD) but start small. Being a good example is a great starting point, and asking for help is wonderful! The nagging may just be unhappiness or frustration. Do something fun with your daugher. At 11 she'll understand that you're trying to help. Best wishes. Keep us posted.
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/135

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm with you!

Trob and Pinkie,
What to eat is always the issue. I'm just going to try to eat right and EXERCISE---something that I have always left out. I'll keep a food journal and watch my calories, focusing on healthy foods and trying to cut bad carbs. I've tried WW (too much work), Atkins (lost 45 lbs. but as soon as I stopped, the weight plus some came back), South Beach (similar to Atkins, but easier for me). So I think I'm just going to use some common sense plus activity to try to meet my goals.

Sheronica,
I have the same problem with my 15 year old daughter. She's very active (softball, lacrosse) but everything sticks to her. Today, we're having a family meeting to make some goals for all of us. Let me know what works for you and I'll do likewise!

GoodLuck
Jana
coufs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/244/150

Height: 5'5"

I guess i'm in the same club! I'm back again! This time i am using fitday to count calories. My biggest challenge is finding time for exercise. I have two children who are extremely busy and i find myself spending a lot of time driving around in the evenings. I am NOT a morning person..... but I would really like to be one!
susieq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 AM   #9  
I'm in here somewhere!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Talking

Hello Ladies!
Mind if I jump in here with you guys? I am at the start of yet another attempt to lose weight. I did lose 30 pounds before summer last year, felt so great that I quit what i was doing and now it's all back on. Shame on me! Anyhow, I'll support you guys anyway I know how! We all know that exercise is non-negotiable so let's get out there and move!
I am going for a walk later and I hope to return to the gym shortly too. Baby steps though, right? Or am I crazy?
My food thing is cheese and carbs!
I am forcing myself to be up and moving around all day as much as possible.
Let's make our 2009 our success year!!!

I gotta figure out how to make one of those things which shows your weight loss.....
RealMeSomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 220/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Me too

Healthymom,

You are so right about exercise! I have to force myself to do anything once I get home from work. Today, I walked my three dogs, at once! What a workout. It was probably equal to pulling a sled for a mile!

Keep up the great work! Hope to hear your successes soon!

J
coufs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #11  
I'm in here somewhere!

Despite the cold I am walking outside for 30 mins. I am also trying not to think about food. It's not that I am hungry........ it's just that I want to eat something!
Hope you all are being successful!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/148/135

Height: 5'6"

Default One Good Thing

Here is the one good thing I will do today: NO EXTRA SNACKING. You know what I mean...but it's 3 PM and your not really hungry, but those chips are over there...
I will stick to my regular breakfast, my planned lunch, 2 healthy snacks, and a moderate dinner.

We can do this together...who's in?
ickivicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:45 PM   #13  
Vanilla vdka/Orange Crush

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5.5

Count me in!

It's so hard when you leave for work in the morning and it's dark..you get home from work and it's dark....so easy to sit on the couch when you get home. I do walk from my house to the train station and back..well..every morning I walk..usually 3 nights a week I walk home....1 1/2 miles each way. The walk in the morning is really nice..but the walk home...sometimes....tough..45 minutes on the train..nice and comfy..now bundle up and trudge home..try not to get hit by a vehicle. Have to move more...and keep the drinking arm down for awhile.
K
kahlua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:41 AM   #14  
I'm in here somewhere!

Good morning you all!
ickyv - Good going with the no snacking.

I am hoping the 5 little meals through out the day will pay off for me as well. I went walking outside with the dog again yesterday. Looks like today I'll be out in a fair amount of snow!

Forme - I know what you mean about all time high weight and avoiding people. I am in the same place! I forced myself to chair a fund raiser which is in February. I was asked to do it and almost said no because I am so embarrassed about myself. I thought if I said yes though that it would be a so-called kick in the butt. Here's hoping I can lose some weight before then. Maybe buy something new for the event a size smaller than I am now!

Anyhow, hope you all have a strong healthy Thursday!
Old 01-08-2009, 08:43 AM   #15  
Begin againer

S/C/G: 235.6/221.6/185

Good morning group!
Short on time, but wanted to check in. (It helps keep me focused.) Despite great attempts to eat well, the scale is up (TOM) but I refuse to let it undo me (and I've often done the past several months!). I just wanted everyone to know that I appreciate your presence. It is encouraging to not feel alone in this. Yeah to those who are moving despite the difficulties...THAT will be my focus today.
healthymom~ GOOD for you! A size smaller for the event is something to look forward to! Let us know how it goes.
Wishing all a great Thursday.
forme01 is offline   Reply With Quote