Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #1  
Persevere! You can!

S/C/G: 234/178/134

Height: 5'5"

Default The most loved exercises

Let's be positive people. What exercise do you love?

Personally, I love the cross-trainer. It's always the first thing I go on at the gym, can easily do an hour on that thing!
I love my mini-trampoline too, but I'm paranoid that I'm too heavy for it now.
And I love mountainhiking. Even though I always moan and complain whenever we go up a hill!

I'd love to swim more, I'm a very strong swimmer and used to compete, but I'm so self-conscious about how I look in a swimming costume.
georgiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:16 PM   #2  

I have a love/hate relationship with running. I love the feeling after I run, I really, really do. The running itself isn't quite so beloved, but I'm trying to fix that.
Viatre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:36 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

I love:

Weight Training
Running
Cycling
Yoga
Swimming

In that order... If I feel lazy I will weight training, to me it's not like hard work, it is a great workout but not that difficult. I totally enjoy running too, but it's not something I will do if I feel lazy though ... I love biking, I can also do that when I'm lazy. I love Yoga and swimming but I don't do them often enough...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

I love running, step aerobics, free weights, and HIIT cardio. I like lunges, squats, kick boxing and spinning.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I love hiking. Love it! Since it is cold and miserable outside these days, I am not getting to do it much. I can't wait until Spring.

Oh, and I'm awfully fond of chest presses as well. Don't know why exactly, except that they make me feel really strong.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:31 PM   #6  

Squats and the angled leg press. I love squats because I go so much lower now than ever before and they've done great things for my legs, and the angled leg press because I can now do over 400 pounds and feel like lady stud adding more plates after a man leaves the same machine.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

I love Body Pump (strength training) and Body Attack (high impact cardio) classes - they make me feel on top of the world!

I like Body Balance (a blend of tai chi, yoga and pilates based exercises) to stretch and chill out.

I also enjoy walking, cycling and swimming. Netball is an old favourite but don't get much chance to play these days!
MissVitality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:56 PM   #8  
FB

Love heavy and hard upper body work with free weights. LOVE IT! Love cycling too. I really enjoy getting into the euphoric zone of hard cardio on the Precor or Cybex arc thingy. I just adore being soppy sweaty, I really do.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:07 PM   #9  
=D

I love cycling! Weights also. Umm what else... I like a lot of things. It's easier to list what I don't like.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #10  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

hand weights
chair aerobics
dancing
walking
ski-walking

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 01-06-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #11  
-^.^-

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5'0

DDR (Dance Dance Revolution)
It was the video game where you actually moved around and got active BEFORE the wii. (I would love it if I could afford a Wii and Wii Fit, but alas, money is hard to come by in my family)

Yoga's a great one, too!

I like swimming, too, mostly because the sweat doesn't really slow you down, and you don't get that overheated feeling as often giving more endurance. The only con I have with swimming are the dreaded bathing suits

Last edited by Skinny Teen; 01-06-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Skinny Teen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #12  
=D

Skinny Teen - I tried DDR the other day for the first time. I'm really bad at it! My friends were laughing at me - almost as much as I was laughing at myself. After that someone else went on and they were even worse than me. Good times.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #13  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiad View Post

Let's be positive people. What exercise do you love?

Personally, I love the cross-trainer. It's always the first thing I go on at the gym, can easily do an hour on that thing!
I love my mini-trampoline too, but I'm paranoid that I'm too heavy for it now.
And I love mountainhiking. Even though I always moan and complain whenever we go up a hill!

I'd love to swim more, I'm a very strong swimmer and used to compete, but I'm so self-conscious about how I look in a swimming costume.
You know, its good you put a complimenting thread to mine. For me, it was a lot easier for me to list what I didn't like which is why I started the other thread but I guess I have to say that my top five exercises (in no particular order) are as follows:
Kickboxing/boxing
Any kind of cardio machine
Yoga
Squats (bc of how it makes my butt feel)
Hiking
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:39 PM   #14  
To fly like Nadia again

S/C/G: 242/ticker/115

Height: 5' 0.5"

Ps. these are all things that are outside of gymnastics which is for me the best sport ever! haha I so miss competing and I used to be in the best shape when I was competitive. I loved jumping on the trampoline and vaulting because those were so cardio like.
gymlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #15  
banned

I'm not very athletic, but there are a few exercises that I like.

Volleyball: I found that I was actually pretty good at this in high school. Sadly, I don't ever get to play it.

Swimming: I have always felt comfortable in the water, and love the fluidity of the movements. But, again, I have no place to swim.

Dancing: I'm very uncoordinated, but it's fun.

Pilates: Though I lack flexibility, I love the feeling I get afterward, when my muscles are all stretched and warm.

Hiking: I love nature, and it's fun to do this as a group activity. Of course, I don't get to do this a lot.

Hula Hooping: It's fun to do this to good music, but I can't really keep the hoop up. lol.

And I'm sure there are more.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote