Old 01-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/216/150

Height: 5'4"

Default if you run out of weeks?

I am in Calgary, and the COD is still open. I went there this weekend, hadn't been for 4 weeks. The session wasn't that good. The very pushy counsellor wanted me to buy more weeks since I won't make goal weight by the March 19th they had said would be my "day". When I bought the plan, a different gal (who apparently is not working there anymore) said that if I needed more weeks, they could mix them up a bit from the maintenance weeks, plus the year of follow up. Now, this gal says that is not the case, and I'd have to buy more. Not real keen on doing that with probability of them staying open at risk. She also wanted me to buy about 6 months of bars that day as well....as if. Did any of you have to buy additional weeks, or did they work around that if you had bought the whole plan at the beginning??
Terry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Be careful, all centres will probably close...if you buy product bring it all home.
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 08:39 AM   #3  
mugwhumps

that's what I don't get... the note on the door at my COD said the head company was closing so getting products would be a problem as it wouldn't exist anymore... so no point in carrying on. wait for the 75% off sale.....
mugwhumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #4  
on Changing Sizes plan C

S/C/G: 220/171/140

Height: 5'11"

Terry,

I would be carefull about buying any more weeks as well. I'm originally from Calgary and I know the owner of Alberta market is independent of the other markets in Canada, but the head company in Philly supplies all centers, frachised or Corp owned, with product and they are shutting down, slowly but surly in the states. The supplier of the products (located in ON, Canada funny enough) has stopped shipping Corporate product so it's only a matter of time, even with centers that are still making ends meet, before there is nothing left to sell.

Word of adivce - take everything you buy with you up front, and if they will let you, pay only a week or two at a time of counseling. That way if they close, you are not out anything but the support - which it sounds like, just like my center, is next to nothing anyway which is another sign they are near the end.

Jenn, AZ
Jenniferk2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 216/216/150

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the reply - it's what I was thinking!!!
Terry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8

Do NOT buy more weeks. If you threaten to take all of your product more than likely they will "grant" you four more weeks. Regardless- it's your time. You should still have six weeks of stabilization. If anything, I'd apply for a refund and tell them it's because they are not honoring their end of the contract (it says guaranteed weeks in it) and I guarantee you that you will be given more weeks for free.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Default Also in cowtown

I signed up there in April. I took an 8 week break over summer with the understanding that I would take up where I took off (with 8 weeks left). I came back and they wanted me to bulk up and to buy more weeks. Anyway I basically quit the COD. I get my support from here. I use luna bars instead of LL and oranges instead of the expensive take off juice.

I say no to pushy sales people. The plan works just as well doing it on your own (wthout sitting in a waiting room forever to have one person tell you something different than what someone else told you) and now you have all the info and someone even posted a stabilization plan in a thread last week.

But just so you know if you are close to your goal, you may plateau, mine lasted 3 months and the center was less helpful that the people online here. The people in this group tried to help me rather finding ways to blame me instead of helping me.

Good luck.
Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote