Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2002, 04:36 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Week of Sept 1st!!!!!!!!!!

I have been awake since 3am and decided to get out of bed and internet shop for Christmas....It is boring with DH gone..SD#2 has been up with me soo we have been playing dolls all morning!!!

It has been quiet on the boards this weekend!!!Everyone have a safe and fun holiday!!!!!
RR
Old 09-01-2002, 09:53 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

It's a today!! I was hoping to bring a bunch of stuff over to Mom's house today, that was in the baby's room, but I can't if it's raining, because it has to go in the p/u. Might be able to bring some boxes over in the car, but I have a table and DH's drafting table that will have to wait. I got most of the room cleared out, and the oriental rug that we had in there vacuumed and rolled up.

RR- Hope you're surviving w/o DH there. Think I may have felt a little something while I was in bed this AM. Tried to feel again, but didn't. I guess one of these days he's just gonna whack me?!

Have a great day all!!
Old 09-01-2002, 12:07 PM   #3  

hi all! I'm back.:hypno: Glad to be home - a million things to do!

Karen - hooray on the smaller size pants!:lemon: And yeah for doing the curves so much!

Lauren - sounds like you are enjoying planning for the and doing some shopping! ~ I think I heard Atlanta has been having a drought, and there's a town in North Carolina that hasn't had rain in like 5 years - places you might want to visit! ~ You were correct about Dry Ice - what a memory!

Greek - glad you had such a nice relaxing vacation.

Liz - very interesting about the personal trainer. I sure wish there was someone qualified at my gym. ~ Glad you enjoyed the movie! I loved it. ~ Happy Birthday! This weekend, right?

If anyone ever goes to the theater, you should see Mamma Mia - I highly recommend it - we had such a good time - it was awesome. Very fun.

Jul - Cool that you want to check out a Dry Ice store! I'm wondering if you're in St. Louis this weekend. The Galleria is the place to go if you haven't left yet.

Elisa - Happy Birthday and Anniversary! Late, I think.

Tech - I did my baseline mammogram at 35 also. Not a big deal.

LaHopeful - Welcome. !! Congrats on your losses so far. Good luck moving. So nice to have new faces here!

RR - just ignore those mean comments if you can. People just don't think sometimes. Enjoy your pregnancy.

OK, gotta run check on the laundry! Great to be back ~ have a super week all ~ and a nice holiday.

Rabbit

ps - can you believe it's SEPTEMBER??
Old 09-01-2002, 07:19 PM   #4  
Hollywood Homebody

hi ladies!

i'm still packing away for the move and dying to order a pizza so i did a little research and found this. something that made me decide not to order a pizza

http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/info.cgi?ID=103

hope everybody is having a great holiday!
Old 09-01-2002, 08:22 PM   #5  
Working on Weight loss!!!

La----Hmmmmm..smart move on saying "NO" to the pizza!!!!Thanks for the info!!!!Good luck on the moving!!!!

Rabbit--I agree with people being soo mean!!This is the happiest time in my life and I will ignore it(ok..try to)..Of course, the wild child moving and playing in the tummy from 9pm until I got out of bed at 3am must slow up..Does this activity at night mean she will be up at night when she arrives in person??????DH cant even talk to me at night or she will wake up and move to the left to hear him..It is the wildest thing!!!!I loved the pink blanket on the smiley!!!!
RR
Old 09-01-2002, 10:11 PM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys. Wow, I have been such a slug this weekend. All I have wanted to do is sleep. Guess I must need it, otherwise I wouldn't be doing it. I think the weather doesn't help. It's been rainy and dreary all day. And COLD!! I'm glad since our AC went out. DH pulled it out of the wall and tried to fix it today but no go. Guess we are going to have to wait until next spring to get a new one.

Hope you guys are having a great weekend.
Old 09-02-2002, 03:57 AM   #7  

Default Exiting weekend, PHEW!

Good morning everyone!

Just got back to the office after a very nice and exciting weekend. I went to our place (where we have the holiday apt) to see my dad, and on Sunday we decided to go for a ride. Now I know this very nice beach, that only has 4 villa’s and a dirt road for access, so I decided I’d take them there. As both dad and his girlfriend love going out into nature, this was exactly what they loved. The beach, (about 300 yards in a cove) has blue waters and is surrounded by rocky hills and pine trees. They loved it (of course) and I also did some snorkeling (1 ½ hours of it, so I worried them). Just as I was ready to go back to the beach, I saw these shards sticking out of the seabed at about 3 ½ metres, and although I wasn’t wearing my flippers, I managed to dive them up. (KarenK, come scuba diving HERE!!). They turned out to be….about 2500 year old pot shards from an amphora (kind of storage jar)! AAAH! I actually studied Art History and Archaeology so you can imagine what that did to me. So I looked a bit further and found various pot shards, a little above the beach too. I guess there must have been a (fairly large) settlement there, and very possibly a small harbour as the area behind the beach is flat, fertile and the whole region was well populated back then anyway. I am now thinking about when to mention this to the Archaeological Service, but as they all are incompetent, bureaucratic, greedy, stupid . I want to look around some more when I have the chance to see if I can locate the actual village (although I think I might have pinpointed it. Doesn’t it make you feel like Indiana Jones?! (nah…).
Lucky me the shards are just that and not smt. valuable, because the laws on the subject here are pretty strict.

LA, I think your plan is very ok and as it works for you, even better. Good on not going for the pizza! You seem to have your portions under control and everything, too! I also use protein drinks (pure whey or egg protein with skim milk, it’s like a milkshake, low in fat and cals, about 200 per glass, and it really fills you up for a while)

LA, and everyone, about meeting on line, I think it’s fine and people that look upon it as being a strange way to meet, who cares about them really? It's a good a place as anywhere else! The only thing I agree you should be careful about, is where (if) you are going to meet. Public places where you do not come regularly (so If you don’t like the guy he’ll not find you again and bother you) with lots of people about are best. If you feel like eating out would make you feel uncomfortable, meet for a drink or a fair or zoo (always good for laughs).

RR, don’t be depressed, DHB will be back in NO time, just keep yourself busy and the time’ll pass. If you feel up to it, maybe try to tackle smt around the house so you can show off to DH when he gets back. The anticipation will keep you high.

Welcome Rabbit, nice to see you again!

, Vassiliki
Old 09-02-2002, 02:26 PM   #8  

Just pulled up. We had a great show in St Louis! This show is always one of our best. Rabbit, I didn't make it to any malls...I was too busy selling! I did look up the website for your stores. Its always fun to know a little more about the people you visit with all the time.

Time to unload the truck, pick up the dog, and give everyone a good long bath!! - jul
Old 09-02-2002, 04:28 PM   #9  
Hollywood Homebody

good afternoon everybody!

it is so hot here this weekend. i can't believe it. at midnight last night it was still 76 degrees. this morning at 8am i woke up sweating and it had to be at least 90. it was up to 108 by 11:30am. i'm melting......

GG your trip sounds great! i'm terrified of the ocean though. i love the beach and taking walks near the water. i'd even walk out up to my calves or so. but nobody could ever talk me into going IN to the water all the way. i've always had this tremendous fear of drowning. plus the salt water probably wouldn't be good for my hair. at least that's how i rationalize it. i've always wanted to visit greece, though. i spent 3 weeks in europe 2 years ago. i wanted to try to swing by greece after italy but i couldn't afford it. maybe someday though!

for now i'm just going to kick back and watch days of our lives, drink my home-made mocha frappuccino and enjoy the holiday.

hope you're all doing well!
Old 09-02-2002, 07:22 PM   #10  

hello everyone. :tomato:

Having a great time being home again - wonder if I'll ever feel caught up though?? DH & I bought some paint today though - house really needs painting - so I'm very excited about that.

Tomorrow A.M. have to have 2 crowns done at the dentist office - - not looking forward to that. I broke a tooth about a month ago eating popcorn at the movies. Lovely.

LA - Hooray for saying no to the pizza! ~ Wow on the 108 degrees.

RR - my ds was not as active as what you are experiencing! Ofcourse I was also only 19, our bodies behave differently then!

Greek - what a great weekend for you!

Jul - Hooray for the great show! ~ Sorry you didn't make it to the malls.

OK, better run.

Rabbit
Old 09-02-2002, 09:13 PM   #11  
LBH

Hi All,

Been a busy weekend around my place. Saturday I cleaned out some of the baby's room. DH took down the pool and fence around it. Sunday I cleaned a little and then we went to Mom's for dinner. Today we went to Buy Buy Baby and checked things out. Wrote down a bunch of stuff that we want. We'll probably register at Babies R Us though. My SIL told me yesterday that we need to get going and register soon...afterall, as of today my countdown clock says 4 months, 14 days!! Then we went to the Floor Superstore and got a nice remnant piece of berber carpet and some padding for 100.00. I didn't want to spend quite that much, but it was one of the less expensice pieces. And I like berber too. It's off white with alot of medium blue and tan in it. It's not too dark, but it'll look nice with some blue accents, like maybe a valance or something. We were gonna try and do firetrucks, since DH is a volunteer firefighter, but all the bedding and stuff we found is ridiculously expensive!! Anyway, we came home, I mopped the bedroom floor, let it dry, then we put the padding and carpet down. What a difference it makes already.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Rabbit- Good luck with the tooth tomorrow. And have fun painting.

LA- WOW, hope you're keeping cool there!!

Jul- Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your bath! I wish I had a bathtub!

GG- ...or shall we call you Indiana Jones!! Sounds like some great finds!!

Karen- Doesn't this cold weather suck?! Argh...I've had it with rain!!

Have a great evening all!
Old 09-03-2002, 08:48 AM   #12  

Hi everyone!! I can't believe the holiday weekend is already over. I had a great one. DH arranged for us to go on a 3 hr eco-kayak tour on Sat morning for my b-day. It was so much fun!!! We went around a small island that is a bird sanctuary and there were tons of baby pelicans on it then we went over to an inlet where there were lots of manatees. Everyone got to pet them -- rub their belly and tickle their nose. It was the best!! I had always wanted to that. Now we really want to buy a kayak. There's lots of protected areas around here where we can't take the boat and it would be perfect. Sunday morning I went out fishing with DH on the boat. I caught my first redfish - 23" and it put up a good fight. We had him for supper last night and it was yummy!! The rest of the weekend was pretty quiet. We rented some movies and had nice dinners at home. We got some good quality time together.

GG, that is so neat that you found that stuff!!! I love to dive/snorkle and I've always dreamed of finding a bit of history like that but have never gotten that lucky.

Rabbit, welcome back. As you can see no journal posting since you've been gone. I'm gonna start today though -- time to get really serious. I'm meeting with the PT on Friday now to go over my new weight training plan. I need to hurry up and lose a few more pounds before the holiday season is here.

LA, wow!! I can't believe it's still that hot there. That's worse than FL. Luckily we're still getting afternoon storms so it's keeping our temps around 90. Don't be scared of the ocean. You have a higher chance of getting struck by lightening than getting attacked by something in the ocean (or so they say)

Jul, glad you're back. It sounds like you were really busy.

RR, too funny about the baby reacting to DH's voice. How strange is that? It sounds like she's going to be Daddy's Little Girl.

Lauren, it sounds like you are really busy getting things ready. Even though I don't want kids of my own I love hearing about what you and RR are going thru. I even spent most of yesterday watching the TLC's "A Baby Story" marathon and I always tear up when the baby's are born. But no way in heck do I want to go thru that!!

Have a great week everyone. I'm gonna start the journal post if anyone is interested come over and join me.

Liz
Old 09-03-2002, 04:04 PM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

Had a doctor's appt. this AM. Everything was fine. Baby's heartbeat is in the 140's, my BP was perfect: 126/70, and the Dr. was a b*tch. Everytime I go there, I get frustrated with them, they have no time for me. There's 7 Drs. in the practice that they're rotating me through and I always make my appts. early, like 8:30-9:00, so they're not soo busy. I never wait long, but they rush me through like there's 20 people in the waiting room, waiting to see them!! :mad So when I came home, I got the phone book out and called a midwife. There's one in the building right next to my Drs. office. It's a midwife and a Dr. I made an appt. for a consultation for next Tuesday night. Everyone keeps telling me that maybe that's what I need, because they take the time to talk to you, listen to you, and answer your questions. They will be there with you from start of labor through leaving the hospital. I don't know if a midwife is for me, I'm pretty traditional, but the more I read, the more I think it may be. I talked quite awhile on the phone to the girl that answered and I told her about my low tolerance for pain/fear of needles, and she said that probably my fear of needles will outlive my low tolerance of pain, because that goes away the instant the baby is born. I think she's right, because I can't even begin to imagine getting an epidural.

I think I'm feeling kicks now too. Last night on the computer, I think I felt one around my waistline, then later a little lower, so he's doing flips in there or something!! DH is soo funny, he's dying to feel a kick!! Poor guy...

Liz- I missed most of the day of A Baby Story, but I did see quite a few episodes of Maternity Ward last night. I love both shows, I could watch them non-stop!! I usually cry at almost every birth too! Sounds like you had a great :hb weekend!

Have a great evening all!
Old 09-03-2002, 05:34 PM   #14  

hello all.

I survived another dentist appt. The 2 crowns, the cutting of my gums, the post put in. Whew! I'm just glad it is done for now (for a few weeks anyway, but this was the hard part). So tonight I'm having soup. Made myself some homemade soup today. (also made ds some cookies to send to school ~ he'll be happy to receive those!).

Lauren - have fun preparing the baby's room! Cool about the kicks!

Liz - sounds like you had a fun birthday weekend! ~ Scarey to think about the holiday season - I really messed myself up during that time last year.

hello to everyone else! have a great day.

Rabbit
Old 09-03-2002, 06:18 PM   #15  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi all. I'm at school so this will be quick.

Lauren: cool about Petey kicking around!! My SIL had a midwife and someother kind of lady who is there to do whatever you want....rub your back, etc to calm you down during the labor. She liked it but she also likes to be the center of everyones attention so the more people she could have there to pet her the more she would like it!! (In case you can't tell we don't get along!!).

The eating has been out of hand this weekend. I think I must have decided that since I'm working out I deserve to eat!! Had a long talk with self and am now getting back on track!

OK, gotta go. Here comes the teacher.
Closed Thread