Old 01-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #1  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Default Getting Lighter #1--2009

I thought I'd start this up again as I've gained 7.5 pounds over Christmas. I don't have Thanksgiving to blame either as I'm Canadian and our Thanksgiving was the first week of October. I'm angry with myself. I should have know the difference because this is an old, old story. But the difference is this time I have 3FC to come to and rant and rave about how stupid I was and I know everyone will understand what I mean. Sigh........

I've been on plan yesterday and today so I'm on track again but not a very happy person today.

I'll be ok. Gotta cool down. Think calm, and slimming thoughts. Now I sound like Winnie the Pooh.

Anyway, I'm sure there are others out there with a similar story. I'm not going back up there for many reasons. Right now I have nothing to wear past a size 12 so there's a bit of exterior motivation.

I'll be back.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!
I know I have been MIA for a long time and I am sorry. I can always tell when I haven't been here to get your encouragement, I go to H---
ISABELLA: Don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure we have all gone overboard during the Holidays, but thank goodness they are over. Right now I am at my daughters and I have eaten everything but the kitchen sink .
DH and I did really well from Thanksgiving on,we didn't fix any big meals nor did we snack much on the goodies,gave most of them away. BUTTTT we get here and she has made several dips, pies, peach crisp all kinds of candies and other goodies. Well I'm not going to say "No Thanks". I promise to do better tomorrow and then we will be home tomorrow night and I don't have any junk food in my house so I should be able to start the week off right. I actually weigh exactly the same as I did on Jan. 3,2008. Guess that is not so bad but I was hoping to be down to 135 by now. I went all the way up to 148 and all the way down to 140 during the year but just can't get to a spot and stay there. Guess I have hung on 143 the longest.
Where is everyone else. When I checked earlier this morning I saw that no one had been here since 12/16 and I was worried that you had moved.
Hope I can get here more often than I have been cause I sure need the help. Best wishes to you for the New Year.Thanks for getting the new thread going for us. See you soon

DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #3  
Isabella

Hi Donna. Good to see you again. I guess this thread kind of got ignored once the Christmas celebrations began.

I bought a new exercise bike tonight with the money I received for Christmas. It's still in the box awaiting the "some assembly required" to get it in gear. I can't wait to use it as my old bike is so noisy I can't hear anything when I'm on it.

I've cooled and calmed down since last post so I feel ok now.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:32 PM   #4  
Isabella

My new exercise bike has been returned to the store because there were missing parts and there were no more bikes in the store.

Got in a circuit workout today and fell down while doing one of the aerobic sections. My sneaker caught on the floor and over I went. Didn't do much damage to the floor but banged my elbow on the cold air return floor register. I was by the kitchen door when it happened and I fell backwards into the kitchen. Since losing about 50 pounds I fell much lighter than other spills I've had. I managed to pull myself together and finished the workout without further ado.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #5  
Isabella

No aching joints or other pains from yesterday's fall except for one little spot on the side of my elbow where the skin was rubbed. It doesn't even hurt unless I press on it.

I made a noodle soup today and to make it more nutritious I added arugula just before we ate it. Arugula is usually used in salads but I chopped up a few large handfuls and stirred it in the soup. It wilted immediately and was very tasty and colorful.

We're taking down the Christmas tree today. The house will look bare by this evening. I always miss the Christmas lights in the evening.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:19 AM   #6  

Oh Isabella, you are doing a Meowee now, talking to yourself! We can't have that. Where has everyone else gone to?
I'm sorry that your new bike didn't work out, hopefully you will have a new one soon. And you fell?? I'm glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were. I fell at my daughters too,really just stumbled backwards over her laundry basket and fell against the dryer. Felt so stupid but luckily only have a small black and blue spot on my back to show for it.
I am trying really hard this week to eat properly and get in some exercise. Haven't been to my class I started since Thanksgiving. Caught a horrible cold and haven't felt like doing much. This is the first week I actually feel good again. I started out on the 2nd weighing 143.8 and today I weighed in at 142.0. I'm pretty excited about that.
I didn't tell you that my youngest daughter that remarried a year ago is going to give me another grandchild this summer. Her little guy is 8 and he is so excited to be a big brother.
Weather is so gloomy today,temp is 28 right now but is supposed to get into the upper 40's and tomorrow maybe in the mid 50's.
I had better go get busy my dryer here at work just shut off so have to fold some sheets and pillow cases and towels. Have a great day !!!! DONNA
Old 01-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick little HI . . . after 12 days of no internet connection . . . I've got a lot of stuff to do and places to check into.

So glad you got the new year going without me and believe me I will try to not disappear again anythime soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:49 AM   #8  
Isabella

Hey, Meowee, good to see you're reconnected!!! Welcome back.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 PM   #9  
Onward and Downward

Well, another storm has come and gone . . . this is getting tiresome . . . today was cold, but sunny and calm for a change. At least no flickering of lights like yesterday.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #10  
Isabella

Poor Meowee, how many storms this winter? Every time I watch the weather on tv they are talking about or showing pictures of one of the storms to hit Nova Scotia. Boy are you guys ever getting walloped this year.

Donna, you must be excited about the new baby on the way. Ours will be here in March and I can't wait.

I weighed in this morning and I've got 5 pounds of Christmas weight gone. Almost all off but another 2.5 pounds and I'll be back to my pre-Christmas weight.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:04 PM   #11  
Onward and Downward

I've lost count of the storms but they do seem to show up almost every other day -- well, usually twice a week anyway. Knew we'd end up paying for the relatively mild weather we had in the early part of December. Actually, we had a gorgeous sunrise this morning but the sunny didn't last long and now it looks like the storm due this evening may make a slightly early appearance. Oh well, not much we can do about it.

Definitely glad to hear we have NOT passed all of our terrible weather onto Newfoundland so far this year.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Well, we got another six inches of snow overnight. At least no power outages reported for Nova Scotia this morning. How are things in your area?
Old 01-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #13  
Isabella

It was bright, sunny and freezing cold here today. We've been promised our first real storm of the winter on Wednesday so I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't come.

Had a good on plan day with food and exercise today.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #14  

Good morning chickies,
Meowee: it is good to hear from you again, sorry you have had sooo much bad weather. Hopefully it is getting close to being over.
Isabella:Congrats in getting that Holiday weight off. You are doing so well

We are having a cold snap again,wind in excess of 50 mph yesterday,now today is in the 40's and pretty nice but the cold and wind are to return tomorrow. Thursday the high is only 16 F. We have been very lucky with little or no snow. The eastern part of the state is having snow and ice,but that is over 200 miles away. Thank goodness.
Working hard on exercises and getting back into shape. We offer a wellness program at our clinic and we have 3 gals that have signed up for it, so I work with them everyday, that helps keep me inspired. I am down to 141.6 as of today, that makes me feel really good.
Hope you both stay warm and have a good week. DONNA
Old 01-13-2009, 12:42 PM   #15  
Isabella

Donna, we're neck and neck in the weight/height race. I always do much better when I'm doing healthy living cooking demos so I'm sure you'll see the weight melt off with the wellness program that you are working with.

Must go sleep. Up all night with mind on fire with thoughts and stuff (wedding stuff) ...Catch you all later.