Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Default Planning & Chat Jan 5 - 11

Happy New Year Feathers!

How is everyone doing the first full week back after the holidays?

Have a great week!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 AM   #2  

Unhappy Lost it after Christmas

I stepped on the scale on Boxing Day and had gained one lb. Now I've added two more to that to put me at 135 lbs. I figured I'd gain between 2-4 lbs. so I guess I know myself pretty well.

I guess being so in control at Christmas caused me to relax a bit too much after, and most of my "eating" events occured between Dec. 26 and Jan 4.

I'm back to the same old plan this week - writing down the calories for the day in the a.m. and sticking to it - because it works for me.

Have a great week all!

Dagmar
Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #3  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Abbyin - thank god your dh's boss came to his senses...because that would have been serious grounds for a lawsuit - you cant fire an employee because they wont let them live with you.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Lost a little today :-) I just like knowing I'm still moving in the right direction, that's all! It's funny, but I'm SO much better about eating and exercising when I've lost some than when it's staying the same. The losses motivate me more than staying the same scares me.

In other news, I ordered some resistance bands and NROLFW
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I have decided that I have several numbers I need to look at.

First of course is my starting weight (173) which I'd like to forget, but it's there and I have to acknowledge it.

Second is my current weight which should be lower than it is.

Third is my goal weight.

Once I get to my goal weight, I'll have two more numbers to watch:

First is my acceptable range (which will be 133-139).

Second is my red line weight (140).

And finally will be my DEAD weight. DEAD means DROP EVERYTHING AND DIET (145).

As you can see, I'm well OVER my DEAD weight so I'm starting off on a very closely watched diet. I'm writing down everything I eat and do so as to be accountable. I got a nifty little notebook that fits in my purse so I have it everywhere. No fitday this time around (I would get lazy and not put everything in).

Anyway, I'm off to a great start today! I did a 3 mile cross-training walk/run this morning and have my meals all planned for the day!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #6  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Today is really the first day of the new year for me. The kids are back to school, I have pulled out my old Franklin Planner and restocked it and am hammering away at my stagnant todo list.

I know if I get my life back in order my weight will follow
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Hey feathers! I've been staying at my parent's place w/out internet and I have really missed 3fc!! Proud to say I only went overboard on my mom's cookies ONCE... family celebrations have been in check, but I've had a bit of excess alcohol consumption (accompanied by things such as pizza and cheese fries) during nights out with old friends.

Allison, I love "DEAD" weight... haha!

I have started logging all of my food intake and exercise again (on paper) and hopefully will start looking up calorie counts again... that often helps keep me in check when I realize how many calories are actually in some of the things I eat.

I haven't been checking my weight, just using the "pants-o-meter" and I have been wearing the same pants at approximately the same comfort level so I assume I'm not gaining or losing much.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Allison - I love the term DEAD weight, wish I had followed that advice many pds ago

I made it through the holidays with a little extra chubbage. The scale is bouncing around, so I am not sure what the accurate number is, but I think around 155/156ish.
My TOM is looming around the corner - so hopefully when it is gone, the scale will go down.
Exercise has consisted of shovelling and trudging through the soggy slush piles.
I think the worst of the snow is behind us - but that remains to be seen.
I am going to try and hang out here - it helps me to get back on track.
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #9  
Doughnut

S/C/G: 161.4/158.6/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Hey all.

I put on a pound over Christmas but lost it last week with a half -hearted attempt. So I'm still at 144.

I'm quite pleased with that for a new year starting point. I've been at 144 periodically several times over the past few years but I haven't been lower than it for over 5 years and I haven't been under 140 for a decade so I'm really pushing to make those goals before too long.

Still looking to get to 128 by May when I'm going to America, don't want to be fat for that.
Doughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:11 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post

Still looking to get to 128 by May when I'm going to America, don't want to be fat for that.
Nope, no fat people allowed in America

Dagmar
Old 01-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Nope, no fat people allowed in America

Dagmar
Ha, ha. We're practically starving here! Actually, it's kinda sad when you think about it because we do have our share of poverty and hunger here. But, gosh, we sure do have a lot of fat too!

Glad to see everyone is back at it today. Good job Julie on the loss! And, Allison... boy, I sure relate.

Anyway, I trudged through school. The kids were slugglish, understandably so, and even I was having a tough time getting excited about "Rip Van Winkle." I stayed on plan, and I'm getting ready to log my food in thedailyplate now. When did it change to Livestrong, by the way? I liked the old daily plate.
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:49 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

I have made it through the entire day without stopping at the office candy jar!!!! I am sitting here with my afternoon snack of carrots and pea pods. :happyface:
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Good evening ladies

"No fat people in America" - Love that one Dagmar

Well, I went to the grocery this morning and my fridge is stocked with lots of good things to eat for the week. I'm still in cleaning mode but I'm almost done so I loaded my new ipod I got for Christmas with some good music to exercise by and am ready to go!

Sounds like everyone has a great plan in place for the new year so I guess we all will be looking fine in 2009 .
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:01 PM   #14  

Height: 5 ft 5 inches

I did something today that I havent done in 8 years...I broke veg....

Well, kinda. I ate fish today. I have been veg since I was about 17. But I realized that eating fish is really going to help me eat healthy, especially when eating out (I always feel like i have no options anywhere) So, I just went with it. I had some salmon and asparagus. I am working through the guilt, reminding myself that Its ok..

Also, I started yoga booty ballet today and man I am sore!!!!! but I am excited. I cant wait to see my results in the coming months...

Abby- I also loaded my ipod with great workout tunes as well and it made me pumped

Sidenote...Did anyone find that when they started this whole transition to healthy eating and exercise that their skin started to break out ALOT. I really thought the opposite would happen with all the water and healthy foods being consumed, but man my skin actually breaking out constantly!!! I keep telling myself maybe its just stress????

Last edited by JerseyGirl83; 01-05-2009 at 09:03 PM.
JerseyGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl83 View Post
Sidenote...Did anyone find that when they started this whole transition to healthy eating and exercise that their skin started to break out ALOT. I really thought the opposite would happen with all the water and healthy foods being consumed, but man my skin actually breaking out constantly!!! I keep telling myself maybe its just stress????
The toxins from all the junk (although as a vegetarian I can't imagine you eat a lot of junk) food, caffeine, diet soda, environment, etc. have to leave your body. Usually the skin is one of the easiest ways for the body to excrete all sorts of stuff.

When your skin starts to remain clear you'll know most of the toxins in your body are gone.

Dagmar