Old 01-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #1  

Default Slim Fast Peeps!

I know there used to be a thread for Slim Fasters but I have not seen one in awhile. I am sure there are still some of you around here.

If your a slim faster person stop in and say hello and lets chat
kissesmomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW:254/CW:179.8/GW:130

Height: 5'3"

Hello. I have never done slim fast but I am planning on starting this week. I would love to have a thread to go to for support!
alwe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #3  

Just so you know there are coupons in todays paper for Slim-fast products and Walmart has them on sale
Old 01-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #4  
I'm not nuts, I'm happy!

S/C/G: 241/220/160

I used to drink slimfast. If you compare it to Instant breakfasts, there is more sugar in Slimfast and more calories. But it is soooo good. LOL
Kati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:14 PM   #5  

Slim-fast stuff does taste good. I guess thats why I am attracted to the plan. I get to have something sweet and yummy. I know that is not a good habit but it is a stepping stone.

I am having a pretty good day today. I need to go to the store for some more bars. I bought the wrong kind last time and they are not that nice. I bought the old fashioned meal bars that you are supposed to have with a glass of milk. They are TINY and I do not drink milk! I use soy milk for my shakes. I was a vegetarian for awhile and there are some animal products I still can not handle, milk is one (in cooking is ok) and hot dogs are another.

I am waiting for the newspaper coupons before I buy anything. Sadly I did not get a paper today. I am not sure why. I am going out to buy a couple for the coupons later when my husband comes home. That is if there are any left in the store!

I am wondering how you all do your plan? I get ideas from the slim-fast website for my meals. But I am not perfect with them. Like at lunch, it said to have 1/2 an english muffin but geeeeeeez I had the full muffin instead. Why bother with half?

meal bar and a string cheese

1 english muffin, a couple TBS spaghetti sauce, a string cheese shredded up, 2 clemetine oranges

slimfast shake with a banana, ice, and PB2

I kind of spread the food suggested out in strange ways. We will see how that works for me.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:20 AM   #6  

Default I've got to check it out.

I'm ready to get started and as I am on the road most days, Slim Fast may be a good option for me. I saw on their commercial that they also have coupons on their website, I've got to check it out.
nicky_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #7  
Thin Within

S/C/G: 320 / 291 / ???

Height: 5'4"

kissesmomof4 - Thank you SO much for starting a thread like this! I was wondering if anyone else around here was doing Slim-Fast. I saw there used to be active threads - but they've since disappeared. I would love to start seeing one active again!

I started my Slim Fast plan on Saturday. Why did I choose Slim-Fast? Mostly for the structure (which I need) and the convenience. I dislike having to think about what I'm going to pack for lunch, or even prepare anything. I'm more into simplicity...lol. And once I went to Slim-Fasts website and saw that it's completely different than what I thought, I figured I'd give it a shot! If anything, it will hopefully give me the boost I need to get going on this weight loss journey!

(FYI - I think many people have the misconception that you can only drink 2 Slim-Fasts each day and only have one sensible meal, but that's not true. If you go to their website, you will see that you can have plenty of snacks in between your Slim-fast and even at lunch you can add regular foods along with your Slim-fast bar or drink.)

I personally decided against using the Slim-Fast bars (as they're too tempting to me, I would end up snacking on them more than I should) so I thought I would try the Slim-Fast Optima canned shakes instead. (They are YUMMY and now have more protein than they used to).

So I went to Sam's Club and bought 2 of the 24 packs (one Milk Chocolate and one Dark Chocolate Royale).
1 - 24 pack of cans cost me $19.88 at Sam's Club (So I'm estimating about $40-$50 per month).

I was a little concerned at first about how I would do the plan, but I think I've figured it out thus far and I think it will work for me. Here's a sample breakdown of what my plan is for today:

Breakfast (9:00 a.m.): Slim-Fast drink
Snack (11:30 a.m.): Apple & Light & Fit Yogurt
Lunch (1:00 p.m.): Slim-Fast drink
Snack (3:30 p.m.): Navel Orange & Light & Fit Yogurt
Dinner (6:30 p.m.): Baked Chicken, small baked potato, steamed veggies
Snack: Undecided as of yet - may be veggies, may be fruit

So far this has worked for me and I have not been hungry at all today. As a matter of fact, I really feel full. The shakes definitely do what they say they do - keep you full for up to 4 hours. I'm pleased with them this far and as I said before, they taste great.

I should also mention that I've been keeping track of everything I eat on www.fitday.com - that website has been wonderful for me in the past and really keeps me accountable for what I eat. Plus I love all of the charts and graphs showing my calories/fat/carbs, etc... it's an eye opener for me and it allows me to see where I need to make changes.

So anyhoo... I think a Slim-Fast thread for us "slim-fasters" would be GREAT! I look forward to getting to know many of you and give and get support as well!

Looking forward to chatting with you all!
- Kari
kcontreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #8  

I everyone.

Today was an ok day for me. I did great all day but I did have an extra snack and an extra homemade salisbury steak portion at dinner It is an improvement.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:48 AM   #9  
Thin Within

Goooood morning! I hope that everyone is doing well!

Yesterday was a good day for me - I stayed on plan pretty much all day. I did have a small portion of noodle salad with my dinner last night, but it was small and my calorie intake for the day had been pretty low anyway, so I don't think it made a huge difference. Amazingly after dinner and through the rest of the night, I didn't feel hungry at all! I didn't even have a snack after dinner.

This weekend I have a challenge coming up. My nieces 3rd birthday party is on Saturday and they are going to be having pizza, hot wings, birthday cake, etc... I'm trying to go prepared and I keep telling myself that I will not be eating any of it! I think I have enough will power to get through it, so we'll see how the day goes.

I will be weighing myself for the first time since starting Slim-Fast on Monday. I hope there are some results. (I'd be happy with a pound or two). Oddly enough, my pants today didn't feel so darn tight so hopefully that's a good sign - that bloated feeling is going away.

Anyway - I hope everyone is having a great week so far!
- Kari
Old 01-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 232/205/170

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for starting this thread up! I started Slim Fast this week, and have been pretty impressed with the results so far. I haven't been super hungry at all, and have found it's easy for me to resist snacking at work. There's always some form of candy/cake/extra food lying around and I've been handling that poorly, and without exercise it's all added up.

For this past week I haven't added in the exercise yet, I wanted to get the Slim Fast part under control. I try to have a shake for breakfast, a snack of veggies or yogurt, a bar with fruit for lunch, an afternoon snack of those soup to go (anywhere from 70-200 calories, depending on your choice of soup) and a sensible meal. Honestly, I've been doing really well with it. Lost 8 lbs this week and haven't been hungry. I know I will not see those same weight loss results every week, but a nice way to jump start everything, right?

Looking forward to going through this all with you guys!
kgard011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #11  
Thin Within

Well - today is day four of being on plan. I had to sneak yesterday and weigh myself and I weighed 294 so that's a loss of 3 lbs so far. I will weigh myself tomorrow and every Friday after.

The Slim-Fast is working great for me so far. It works well with my work schedule and it's so convenient for me. I haven't been starving during the day at all. I do my shake for breakfast and a few hours later I eat my snack. Then when I start feeling hungry again I eat my lunch. Then a few hours later my snack. I thought my dinners were going to be more difficult, but they really haven't been. I've been managing just fine and making good choices. Thank God that I have Fit Day to help me keep track of my food! The visuals really help me realize what I've eaten.

kgard011 - welcome! I am new to the thread and Slim-Fast as well but so far, I'm loving it! Congrats on your success so far! You'll have those 30 lbs gone in no time! Keep up the great work!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/236/180

Height: 5'9"

Hello. I started the slim-fast diet on Jan 1. So far so good. I have lost about 4 pounds already. I am using the Optima shakes (French Vanilla and Chocolate Royale) and do notice that it supresses my appetite somewhat. I have also started working out during my lunch time, just treadmill time for now. Since I have been snacking and eating smaller portions my body has adjusted. Before I had to eat to the point where it would almost hurt. Now I try to eat slower and enjoy the food. I find that I get full much quicker and with less food. Could it be that my stomach and brain are resetting my "full" meter? Perhaps...

Well I am super glad to be on board with all of you and will contribute to the forum as I go along.
milo617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/205/170

Height: 5'10"

Hello folks, hope you guys are all having a good beginning of your weekend. I've been good, haven't had the urges to snack or overeat at all. I'm excited! Right now I'm visiting my parents in NC and usually let myself go. It's easy to drink a lot of alcohol, and snack some more, but I've been able to keep both under control. We can do this! Have a good weekend guys
kgard011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #14  
Thin Within

Good morning ladies! It's been a few days since my last post, so I thought I would check in and update!

Today will be my 6th full day ON PLAN with Slim-Fast and I'm still doing good! I have to admit though, I was REALLY nervous about this weekend. I work Monday through Friday in an office so it's easier for me to stick to plan. I have a set schedule of when I drink my SF and when I have my snacks. It makes life easier for me.

Well - I was nervous because on the weekend, it's different... I have so much free time, which in turn means more time to think about food...lol. However I've told myself that each time I come close to going off plan this weekend, I will be here on the boards - reading and writing, giving and getting support.

So far it's early and I just finished my SF shake...yum! I feel satisfied and not hungry. Once I start getting that hungry feeling again, I'll have a healthy snack.

Today is my nieces 3rd birthday party and they are going to be having Pizza and ice cream cake. I've already told myself that I will be skipping BOTH. I'm not a huge fan of pizza to begin with - but I LOVE ice cream cake. But I ALREADY know I'm not going to even attempt to eat it... and why???

Because I weighed myself this morning and I weighed 291.8!!! That's 5.2 lbs down already! I couldn't be any more excited! My final weigh in for the FULL week is Monday, so we'll see what that brings for a total weekly figure. Once I meet my 20 lb mini goal, I will start setting my mini goals to 10 lbs.

So that's about all that's going on with me today! I hope that everyone has a splended weekend!!! I'll be back later to check in!

Take care!
(((Hugs)))
Kari
Old 01-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #15  
Thin Within

Welcome Milo617!!! Welcome to the boards! Congrats on the weight loss thus far!!! How wonderful!

To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to be stick with Slim-Fast - but now I'm convinced that I can! We can all do this!