South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Monday's Daily Chick Chat

Good morning. Sorry I couldn't think of any witty title for this morn's thread.
I've gotten spoiled and lazy and am not prepared for a five-day work week! It should be an easy week, though, with the girls back in school. I don't think there are any activities scheduled for this afternoon, except for maybe a riding lesson.
How's everyone doing this morning?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:33 AM   #2  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Good Morning Cottage and the rest of you chicks to follow.
I have been missing everyone, but life has been super crazy the last few months and of course I get put on the back burner. But I am ready to start fresh again. I am hoping my towel is still here. I can't wait to catch up with you all.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LC!!!!!!!! I'm delighted to see you back! You've been on my mind a lot, and I've been missing you!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

Thanks Cottage, it is so nice to be back. it has been really crazy in my life the last few months. I lost my step dad after a long battle with cancer. He died the 12 of Dec. So I was at the hospital alot the last few months and the helping my mom out with arragements plus trying to get ready for christmas so life has not at all been healthy, so this year I have decided that I am putting me first, I have never done that before but I need to get healthy.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:59 AM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning...i am up earlier than usual getting my daughter up and they cancel school... that is so not right at all. and on top of it i am starving
Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks Well, looks like a slow starting morning. I opened Facebook to see if there was any news from a couple of friends I keep in touch with there and discovered that local schools are on a 2 hour delay! Apparently there was freezing rain overnight and I had no idea. I will take it easy and head out when the buses do.

Cottage - Hope it's a slow, easy transition back to a 5 day work week.

Little Chick - ! It's good to see you again. Been wondering how things are going in your life. Sorry to hear about your step dad and the fall.
It's funny you mentioned the challenge putting yourself first. I've had a couple of child care folks I work with ask me to do a workshop on healthy eating and weight loss but I've been resisting. I really think the key is putting yourself first. Women generally have a tougher time of it and child care folks often don't even get themselves on the list. Long way of saying good for you! If you aren't healthy you just can't be there as much for all the people in your life who need you. Why do we have so much trouble remembering that?!

Once I get to work it will be a normal office day for me. I'm just glad the holidays are over and I can get back to visiting programs. I get so bored being stuck in the office! Yoga starts back up tonight. I'm really glad and have missed it. The DVDs never do as much for me as being in class does.

I'm still struggling with the 2 lbs I lost recently. They keep coming and going. What I really want is to drop the last three! I think I need to stay away from the nut butter. I get lured into spoonfuls and that just needs to stop. My skin has been really dry so I justified it by saying I needed the oil I thought it was clever at the time Just need to stop!

We only got a quick, fleeting glance at the bird yesterday so will probably head back over there another weekend. Ruth - we were only a few miles from Plattsburgh and I thought about just driving up to Canada

Hope everyone has a good day back in the old routine
Old 01-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #7  
Ready to Change

Thanks Cyndi. You are so right. I am not sure that I have ever made it on the list before.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yay! Little Chick is back. We need more Canadians in here.

Well, today is back to reality, Chickies. It's the real start of 2009 although it's also the 12th day of Christmas. I'll be glad to get rid of the ladies dancing, lords a'leaping, the pipers but the 12 drummers are way too much. By sunset tonight, they're outta here.

I'm off to my quilt group this morning with three quilts ready for them to pin. I seem to be one of three who actually make the quilt tops. The rest of the crew just pin tops, batting and backing together and then send them off for machine quilting. They make a day of it with their lunches and numerous tea breaks for gossip - not my thing at all. I've pretty much decided to just keep on making quilt tops on my own time and just make an appearance to drop them off every month.

This afternoon will be an "at home" time with my furries. I may even get some non-quilting sewing done AND work in a treadmill session!

ETA:
Cottage, you'll be back in your routine in no time!
Me4life - eat a little something!
Cyndi, you and yours absolutely must come up to Canada this summer.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:33 AM   #9  
no longer single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Me4life - eat a little something!
lol...i'm to lazy to make something, always seem to be hungry in the morning anyways the water helped.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

cottage - yes, Monday morning isn't the day to be creative! I'm thinking work shouldn't be bad this week too...let's hope .

ruth - Sounds like a nice day! I tried quilting in college, didn't get into it...hopefully, one day, I can try again!

me4life - I'm always hungry first thing!! I typically have a bit of protein or something, if it's a day I eat with family. Today, I ate some of my pre-made whole grain pancakes.....they're so good that way!! No syrup necessary!

Me - Ahhhhhh....life should go back to normal this week! DS just left on the bus, DD (of course) still hasn't gotten up....she's NOT a morning person!! I think it's a light day at work (although that changes rapidly....), so maybe I can FINALLY hit some end of season sales!!

Have a great day!
Old 01-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #11  
I can do this!!

Morning All~
Im back...and ready to start fresh again with the new year...
Hope my beach towel is still waiting for me... cant wait to meet all the new faces and catch up with everyone...
Old 01-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #12  

cottage - I'm not looking forward to a 5 day week either. Hopefully there won't be a lot of work today.

little chick - It's good to see you back. Sorry to hear about your stepdad.

me4life - I almost always have oatmeal or eggs. You really should eat something.

Cyndi - Be careful on the ice.

Ruth - Have a great day.

Me - I was actually looking forward to going into the office as I have 3 checks to deposit (credit union is by work) but we've got some freezing rain and some of the bridges are bad. Oh, well, tomorrow will be better.

Tonight is a troop meeting. They have patrol elections planned so this will be the last meeting Brian is patrol leader probably.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:43 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good Monday morning, everyone!

Cottage: I agree with Ruth, you'll be back to normal in no time! At least it looks like an easy week to get you readjusted.

LC: It's so nice to see you here! My condolences to you and your family. I hope that things are brightening up for you.

me4life: Yes, yes, eat! You should never be hungry on SB! Maybe you've got a piece of string cheese in the fridge? Hope you have a good day!

Cyndi: The "party" on Saturday was...okay. There was another couple besides our hosts and all four of them are in their 40's and both couples have newborns. It was pretty boring...baby talk...all evening. The food wasn't too bad; some chicken wings that I just took the skin off of and some sausage bites. No veggies, but I ate a big salad beforehand, so I just nibbled a bit to be polite. I hope you have a great day at work! Enjoy getting back to normal and be safe on those roads!

Ruth: I'd want to avoid the gossiping gaggle as well! Enjoy your day of sewing and treadmill-ing and give the doggage a pat for me!

Twynn: I hope you have a great day and that you find some great bargains!

cocowgirl: I don't think we've "met" yet, but it's nice that you're back! I hope to get to know you better and I hope you have a great day!

Barb: Thank goodness you're staying home. My uncle had a heck of a time getting home from work this morning (they're in McKinney and he works nights). He slid of the road and caused a family scare, but he's home and warm now. I hope you have a nice, warm day working at the house!

Me: Not much going on besides work, working out and making dinner today. I'm a little nervous to get to work...lots of temptation there...but I'll do my best. I'm most nervous about sodas. They're not allowed on DH's plan and I really don't want to have one. I was so dependent on them that I had headaches last week from ditching them. The good thing is that I should be so busy moving furniture (we're rearranging the whole office) that I'll be too distracted to think about anything I can't have. My new office space is on the complete opposite side from the office fridge, so at least I won't have to watch everyone get sodas all day!!

It's chilly here (28*) and we had some rain last night, so I'll be heading out early just in case the roads are bad. I hope everyone has a warm and safe day!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #14  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!!! Happy Monday!
Cottage - Glad to hear that your day will be easy. I hope the girls aren't too cranky about going back to school.

LC - So sorry to hear about what you've been going through. I really hope that things are better this year. Focusing on yourself is a great resolution. Good luck!

me4life - I don't think we've met, I'm Heather. I've been absent from the boards for a while but it's always good to see new faces. You should probably eat some breakfast!!

Cyndi - Isn't it good to have school start again. As I've said in the past, I really thrive with normalcy. I hope all the programs get up and running soon!

Ruth - I still want to see some of your quilts. You're yet to share with us. How was the west coast??? Glad to hear that all is well with you!

Twynnb - Good luck finding things at the sales!

Coco - I'm in your same boat. Let's work together to get this life back into a healthy routine!!!!

Barb - Be careful out there! Hope your meeting goes well.

Kim - Good job giving up cola. I'm sure it'll be so much better. I really only have one a day, but I should think of giving it up as well. Good luck on those roads.

Me - Well I'm back and ready to continue this journey. I didn't do too well between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I'm ready to buckle down and get back on track. It felt good to get up early and move this morning, so I hope that the trend of routine comes back fairly easy. I've got everything I need to be successful, I just need to do it.

Have a great Monday, Ladies!!! BLESSINGS!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #15  
no longer single

lol...ok i ate...i rarely eat before 11 thats why i was putting it off. seems my appetite is weird since starting sb its the only time of day i'm actually hungry.
Closed Thread