Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Weight Watchers At Home Kit Info

Here is a link to the official Weight Watchers website for an At Home kit.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/plan/hom/package.aspx
Old 01-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #2  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I bought the deluxe kit in November. I had the starter WW kit from the meetings a few years old as a gift. I wanted to get the whole kit to get the information I didn't have, like activity points. It is a little pricey but I enjoyed it. The calculator has became invaluable cause I loose the slides alot. Also, it had information on getting active which I really needed help on. What I really love about it is the subscription. I saw the WW magazine over the summer and loved it. Very different from mags like Fitness. That's a bit of my two cents.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Thank you for this! My sister has lost about 20 lbs on WW, pretty much doing it on her own with a kit that was given to her as a gift. Not sure how her dh is doing on it, but his sister (the one who gave my sister the kit) has had great success as well.

I'd like to check it out, but don't know how long I would have to join up and attend meetings to get a kit and keep it. The kits are a little pricey, but we might be able to manage with a payment plan.

I'll post requesting more information about WW shortly. But I bookmarked this.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #4  
banned

luvmyfam,

if you can its much cheaper to just join one meeting and then stop.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Thank you, andreaphilip,

I actually ended up doing both. I went to a meeting to get the basic, basic information and a baseline weight, to get myself started. I did that because there was a special in our area that waived the registration fee, so it was just $15 for the first meeting instead of $40. Then I went to another weigh-in to make sure our new scale at the time was close enough to the WW scale.

Later, when we had a little extra money, I still ended up getting the at-home kit and broke down the payment for it. There is a lot in the kit that I wanted, that didn't come with the meetings start-up materials. Some of the things I could have bought if I kept going to the meetings, but not everything that is in the at-home kit is available at meetings. I knew I wasn't much of a meetings gal, but I realized that if I kept going to meetings, and bought the things I wanted, it would all really add up anyway.

I'm very happy I took the plunge and bought the at-home kit. There are just a lot of tools in it that are helpful...the cookbook, the calculator, the 3 month journal, the magazine subscription, the exercise DVD, etc.

Thank you for your input, though!

Last edited by luvmyfam; 06-08-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/159/125

Height: 4'11

If you have an iphone, it has a neat application called ipoints you can download It's just the calculator on the phone. My fiance downloaded it for me, it's a life saver sometimes.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:22 AM   #7  

ooooooo wonder if they have that for the blackberry?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 PM   #8  

Hmm. I joined weight watchers a few years ago. I wasn't really committed to it, and the meetings didn't help me at all. I've gotten out my old materials and I'm thinking of giving it another go. I was wondering about that calculator! I saw it on ebay and couldn't decide if it would be useful to me or not. Maybe I'll try it after all.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 193.0/185.0/140.0

Height: 5'1

Hi My name is Ronnie.. I am thinking of joining weight watchers but am wondering about how much this is going to cost. I keep hearing about start up kits and calculators and other things. I did'nt know this was so involved or so spendy. I know you have to pay a registration fee then monthy fees. Can someone tell me how this works? I kind of need to know before I decide to do it. I have in the last 4 years spent over 4,000 bucks on weight loss stuff that really didn't help in the end.I lost the weight then put it right back on again.

Thanks for any info I can get!

Ronnie
Old 09-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #10  
Less of a Better Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieAdl View Post
Hi My name is Ronnie.. I am thinking of joining weight watchers but am wondering about how much this is going to cost. I keep hearing about start up kits and calculators and other things. I did'nt know this was so involved or so spendy. I know you have to pay a registration fee then monthy fees. Can someone tell me how this works? I kind of need to know before I decide to do it. I have in the last 4 years spent over 4,000 bucks on weight loss stuff that really didn't help in the end.I lost the weight then put it right back on again.

Thanks for any info I can get!

Ronnie
There are different options.

If you want to attend actual meetings (which I strongly recommend particularly for someone who has never attended WW) you usually pay a registration fee to join which also gives you the program materials. Where I live that registration fee is about $25. At times, there are sales and there is no registration fee. Right now, where I live, there is free registration so it is a great time to join.

Go to Weightwatchers.com and look for a meeting and put in your zip code to find information about meetings near you. When I do that there is information you can click on regarding prices. We have 3 options for weekly meeting fees. Pay as you is $13 a week. (If you miss meetings and are not a lifetime member you have to pay for missed meetings. SO if you miss more than 2 meetings it is cheaper to rejoin). Or you can buy a pass for 17 weeks which is $11.41 a week. Alternatively, you can in most, but not all, areas get a monthly pass which is $39.95 a month. You can go to meetings with this plus you get access to online tools including being able to record your points online and use the online calculator. In the meeting I go to most people do the monthly pass since it works out to about $9.22 a week on average.

Everything else you can spend money on is optional. You can buy a calculator and you can buy books with dining out points and various other things. However, you don't really have to have these to do the program. If you have a monthly pass the calculator is unnecessary since you have the online calculator. Even if you don't do the monthly pass, you can find plenty of free calculators online.

If you area doesn't do the monthly pass but you also want to access to the WW e-tools (being able to use the WW calculator and to record points online) you can pay for your meetings as above but then may a fee for e-tools which I think is around $13 a month for the most basic form. Again, this is entirely optional.

There are also options to entirely do WW without going to meetings. I don't really recommend this particularly for people who have never done WW. What makes WW good is the group support and accountability of weighing in each and you don't get that without going to meetings. But there are a few non-meeting options.

1. You can do an online membership. The WW materials are there online for you and do everything online. However, you can't go to meetings and I don't believe you can get official lifetime status since no one can verify your weight. I think this alone (i.e. without the monthly pass to attend meetings) is about $16 a month but I'm not sure.

2. You can do at home membership where materials are mailed to you. I don't think this gives you any online tools. I don't know what this costs.
Closed Thread