Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 03:53 PM   #1  

Talking here's another one

Hey
this is my fist time posting in this forum and im only looking for one thing , SUPPORT. I have been trying to lose wieght for at least4 years but i cant seem to get the weight off.l I just hate going on all those diets and stuff like that. I have learned that a lot of those things are a waste of my money. I always thought that i could do it on my own without support from anyome but now i would like to try.
I m 175 pounds and 5'1 and i dont want to be that anymore so now i am starting anew. It is so frustrating feeling like there is nothing I can do about my wieght because i have no self control.If any of you guys have sugestions please please tell me .Im open to anything that isnt dangerous and is low cos i am low on cash. Please help me. :stres:
Old 08-29-2002, 04:06 PM   #2  

I have a surprise for you - YOU are the only one who can do anything about your weight. You will get a lot of suggetions and support here, but you are the one who has to put them into practice. No one made you gain the weight and no one can lose it for you. You must do it for yourself. I lost 200 pounds and have kept if off for years and years and you can reach your goal.

First, lose the diet way of thinking. A diet has a beginning and an ending. We go on a diet, lose weight, go off and gain it all back and then some. See this as permanent, forever lifestyle changes you are making to your eating.

Second, no one plan works for everyone. You have to work out what will work for you. It's good to find something that looks close and then modify it to fit your life.

Third, do some kind of exercise at least 5 days a week. It doesn't have to be overly strenuous. Walking a mile a day works for me. All I have to have is a good pair of shoes.

Fourth, for permanent weight lose do not try to lose more than 1-2 pounds average per week - some weeks will be more, some less.

Learn all you can about good nutrition and then practice it. We didn't get overweight eating fruits and vegetables and that's how we can lose it...eat lots of fruit and veggies (frozen are as nutritional as fresh), limit red meat. Make snack foods and desserts an occasional (once a week) treat. Have a frozen fruit bar (45 calories) for a treat - yummy! I limit my starches because I have low thyroid as well. I eat a lot of fish (low calories, very good for you) and poultry.

Losing weight does not need to cost a lot of money. You can get all the support you need here. Post often!
Old 08-31-2002, 01:58 AM   #3  

Talking

Thank you soooo much for that post. I didnt think anyone was going to answer me.I think i was living in A DREAM AND THIS BROUGHT ME BACK TO EARTH. I THINK IN SOME SORT OF WAY I THOUGHT THAT IT WASNT MY FAULT THAT ALL THIS WAS HAPPENING TO ME.Im going to do it this time. You really made me think. Its good to here it from someone who has been through it .Thank you so much. i think the first thing im gonna do is buy a scale. and start drinking more water its a start.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:50 PM   #4  

Smile come on over!!

Come take a look at the 21 day challenges and the 5lb challenges-
We even have one going for Labor Day because so many of us find the holiday a special challenge-

Try to remember that you are doing the best you can right now-- You are starting to think about regaining control-

Small steps lead to great strides- Try to concentrate on one or two pieces of your lifestyle change at a time- If we make it too hard we are expecting way too much-

Look for a thread on this site or another that makes you glad you read it- You deserve to make this change for yourself because YOU DESERVE IT!!

Come check us out!!
Old 09-01-2002, 06:28 PM   #5  

I think im gonna do the 21 day challenge. it seems like such a good idea. well my goal will be to drink 2 liters of water every day. I dont drink that much water so this will be a good change. wish me luck and thank you.
Old 09-01-2002, 07:13 PM   #6  

Smile I'll look for you !!

I'm so glad you're going to keep stopping by-- I'm going to be on the lookout for you-!!

Just try to remember, small steps lead to great strides!!

We didnt gain the extra weight all at once and we can't change everything all at once!!

see you on the other thread!!
Closed Thread