Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-03-2009, 03:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default anyone do the pilates & boxing combined dvd workout?

Hi--

I picked up this week's copy of US weekly since they had a 26 pg layout of diets/exercise programs to the stars *(yeah, I know, it's that time of the year lol).

I did noticed something of interest. I've never heard of this before, but apparently in one of the blurbs in the 26 pg layout, is a short comment by Hilary Duff saying she attends "piloxing" classes in LA... basically, it's a combo of pilates & boxing specifically geared for women.

If you wanna find the website to order the dvd (doesn't seem like it's on amazon), just add ".com" to piloxing and presto!

It seems interesting, but I have no idea if it's any good.

Anyone ever try that program or something close to it?

~ tea
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:55 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Ok, while I have to admit that terms like "piloxing" annoy the mess out of me, it sounds like a workout that focuses on creating a lean look while keeping your heart rate up. I just know from personal experience that kickboxing= great workout and pilates=great workout so who knows? Pilates + kickboxing=?

It's probably just another one of those flash in the pan Hollywood workouts, but if it keeps you motivated and your heart rate up, more power to ya!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #3  

Default Piloxing

I actually go to that Piloxing class and it's amazing. AMAZING. It's the first class where a) I don't feel out of place and b) it kicks my ***. The best workout EVER with immediate results. It's hard, make no mistake, but Viveca is a great teacher and inspires you to work to the next level everytime. LOVE it.
Commenting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #4  

I have the dvd and the weighted gloves that I bought off the website and let's say that I haven't gotten through the hour workout yet, and it's been weeks. It's soooo challenging, but I love it! It kills my flabby arms lol
Meeky2004 is offline   Reply With Quote