Old 01-02-2009, 07:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something daily chat friday Jan 2nd

Morning all. just getting ready for work. Tired this morning but that's probably from starting to work out again. I always find that the first 2 wks or so of working out make me tired until my body adjust.

Hope everyone has a great day.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 333/238/150

Height: 5 ft 6 in

Morning, everybody! I'm new here and am jumping in with both feet. I started back working out last week and so far I am loving it. I'm using a Wii Fit and it's been perfect for both me and my hubby. We are doing this together and it's definitely more fun this way! We keep each other motivated and we find that we both want to work out at the end of the day. He is even helping me plan balanced meals! He saw me lose about 30 lbs last year and I think it has motivated him. Also, his size 40 pants are getting tougher to squeeze into, so that is even more motivation. I get rid of any clothes as soon as they feel loose and it helps so very much in keeping me on track, as does drinking alot of water. I hope everyone has a great day!
amber961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I'm tired too...mostly because i still feel like crap.

Amber, How awesome that your DH is in this with you!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

ALICIA!!!! I just read yesterday's post!! How on earth did you keep this quiet from us all these months?! CONGRATS!!! I'm soo excited for you!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

'Morning ladies!

Woke up and jumped on the scale. I'm now down to 173! I wasn't sure I'd lose anything since I haven't worked out since Sunday, but I guess I did.

Just got a call from one of the rental car companies I applied for work at, so I've got an interview this afternoon. Be nice if they offered me work! That would make a good start to the new year for sure.

Hope all you that are tired make it through the day and have a good one!

(and congrats again Alicia, I totally somehow missed your post announcing your baby. Congrats! )

Last edited by RangerChic; 01-02-2009 at 09:28 AM.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning! Well this year is off with a bang. My 15 y/o DS came home last night around 9:30 with a couple of friends to play video games. DS said he hurt his ankle and started putting ice in a ziplock. When my DH and I asked him if he was OK, he said yes. So the boys were downstairs for about 15 minutes when DS comes back up and says... They think I should show you this. He lifts his pant leg and his ankle was so swollen and blue that it was on the verge of grotesque. DH and I jumped up and were like OMG!! Since DD was in bed and I didn't want to wake her to make her sit in the ER all night, DH took him to the ER. They didn't get home til after 1AM!!

So it's supposedly an acute sprain but I need to take him to the Othopod this morning so that they can review the xrays from last night. I'm telling you, his ankle is revolting!! I used to do gymnastics as a kid and hurt my ankles all the time but I don't remember any of my injuries looking like this.

I'm still not quite sure how he hurt himself but from what I understand, they were goofing around and he jumped off a low wall and when he landed his right foot was half off the curb and he rolled it.

So happy new year... it's just another ordinary day around here!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #7  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good morning chicks!! OK, thought I had been here, but haven't. Guess I'm loosing my mind . We were supposed to have some people over for NYE, so I spent so much time getting ready. Then it dwindled to one person. Oh well, we had fun! Everybody stayed up to toast the new year.

Yesterday we ran around getting some errands done. Got the boy a ski helmet so he's ready as soon as everyone gets well enough to ski!

Welcome!! to all the newbies. Glad to see you here!!

Alicia: Congrats!! How exciting to be having a new little one!

Gotta run. Kids are needing me!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

This morning was so productive for me. I am usually a slug in the mornings. And a little grumpy. I am all ready to run the treadmill too, but I have to wait until nap time for the little one.

Yesterday I went to the whole food store and found an array of spices to try out. I didn't find asafoetida though. Has anyone used this spice before? A recipe that I found calls for it, but the internet describes it as smelling like rotting feet. I am a little skeptical about this spice.

It is the last official day of my vacation, but I do have a girls night out planned tonight so I am looking forward to that. I finally lost the three pounds that I gained over Christmas and I am feeling good about that.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #9  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

How did everyone's day go?

The interview went okay, they say they will call me by Wednesday if they want me to do another interview. So, we'll see what happens there. I went to the gym and worked out for an hour, felt good. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical, 25 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes on the bike. In all, I burned over 350 calories which I was happy with. They have a yoga class tomorrow at 1pm and I'm considering going.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

evening all..work was busy but not insane. So i stayed pretty focused. I wanted a coke so bad (gave it up for new years) but luckily i didn't surrender LOL. I actually stayed OP today and was very proud of myself. I feel pretty good today for it. May take dog for a walk in a bit if it doesn't rain.

ranger-good luck on the job interview..hope you get it.

karen- i might have to join you in the crazy department LOL

poppy-sorry to hear about DS.

disgruntal-don't ya love how retired people can do what they want...lol..most older people i know though can't stay up past 8 LOL

welcome amber!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 PM   #11  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hey gals... been MIA for a while--- still remember me?

Been busy with the holidays and after holiday jargin. Glad that it is January though.
As for weight, I've dropped another pound!! Been changing up my gym routine a tad, and am happy that it is working in my favor.

Lots of things going on here, but hope to be able to stop on by more often then I have been lately.

Hello to all the newbies. Welcome!
Hello to all my other gals. Hoping that 2009 is a good year for all of us.

Chat later...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote