Old 12-20-2007, 08:22 PM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Letter from God

I recieved this email and thought you would enjoy!

Beloved,

If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth, here is my wish list. Choose something from it.

1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know, they tell Me all the time!

2. Visit someone in a nursing home, mental health facility or correctional facility. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.

3. Instead of writing George complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, why don't you write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up. It will be nice hearing from you again.

4. Instead of giving your children a lot of gifts you can't afford and they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.

5. Pick someone that has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her.

6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile - it could make the difference. Also, you might consider supporting the local Hot-Line: they talk with people like that every day.

7. Instead of nit picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas" that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then you could always just stop shopping there on Sunday. Maybe if the stores didn't make so much money on that day they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families.

8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary, especially one who takes My love & Good News to those who have never heard My name. You may already know someone like that.

9. Here's a good one. There are individuals & whole families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them (and I suspect you don't) buy some food & a few gifts & give them to the Marines, the Salvation Army or some other charity that believes in Me & they will make the delivery for you.

10. Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.

P.S. Don't forget; I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me & do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above & get to work; time is short. I'll help you, but the ball is now in your court. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love.

And remember,

I Love You.

God
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

Wonderful!
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:04 PM   #3  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

What a wonderful letter. Aren't those the words we try to teach our children to live by.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Great! Thanks for sharing
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:33 PM   #5  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TONIA ~ how amazing: I received that same email this week, and I live in northern Canada. And, isn't there so much truth in this letter? I hope many more people get to see it, and learn from it. Thanks for posting it here. ROSEBUD
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

AMEN!
Thanks for sharing this. It's SO true.
God's Blessings on all of your during this season celebrating HIS BIRTH.
Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:30 AM   #7  

I need the reminder pretty regularly..and I am glad you can enjoy, too!
Old 12-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I should have this where I can read it daily! Thanks Tonia.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:28 PM   #9  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

That was in our church newsletter back a few weeks ago it is wonderful and a reminder that we are blessed by a loving God who loves us no matter what so we should bless those less fortunate for He loves them also. Thanks for posting this it is great. God bless
losinitin07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #10  
It's me!

S/C/G: 197/166/140

Height: 5'4

I was just wandering in and out of the forum and ran into the letter. I work in a Ministry and I teach a weekly bible class, for some reason that letter made me cry. It's very true, even thou it isn't Christmas anymore I'm going to print the letter and hand the letter out tomorrow at my meeting.

Last edited by Zuleka; 01-21-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Zuleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:27 PM   #11  

I needed this reminder this season...a little late but I thought someone else could be blessed by it as well...
Old 12-30-2008, 09:28 PM   #12  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

THANKS, TONIA ~ yes, we sure can use a reminder like this again; and as GARY said last year, we would do well to read it each day or week even. Sure helps us to refocus, doesn't it?
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Incredible post and gosh, how very, very true. God bless you.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #14  

I love this
CatlaurWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #15  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Amen! Keep posting those great emails!
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote