General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-02-2009, 08:38 AM   #1  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Default Hand me downs...We should look into it.

I have this idea. Please feel free to comment, or make suggestions or w.e.

As you all know, we range in all different sizes, and our ultimate goal is to lose weight (and some maintainers). This means that we won't get to wear our clothes thin (no pun intended). My idea is basically, once we have shrunk out of our current clothing, why not pass it on to a member on the forums. Now I realize that there is a shipping fee, but if you are shipping it to somebody in your country, chances are, the cost of shipping is going to be less than the cost of the actual clothing.

Just a thought that crossed my mind, I don't know if anybody else is interested but I thought I would share and get some feedback anyways.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:03 AM   #2  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

I had posted something similar to this a few months ago, and was told that it was against the rules by someone.
staja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #3  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

staja is correct.

It has caused problems in the past, thus it is now not allowed. 3FC encourages folk to use ebay and local 2nd hand shops and resources.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #4  
poco a poco

S/C/G: 246/166.5/158

Height: 5'5"

Consignment stores--same principle. I love 'em. Buy, sell and update the wardrobe as I shrink.
Nada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I also LOVE consignment shops, even though I don't often find my size, I still love shopping and if I find someting it's like I've won the lottery. Last month, I found two sweat suits in my size. I was overjoyed, because I had been shopping online for some. I wasn't very fond of the colors (one pastel pink, the other lavender), but to save more than $60, I will gladly wear pastels. I didn't even notice until we got home that they had never been worn (the tags were still attached).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:48 PM   #6  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I wonder if they have those in Ottawa... I don't even think i've heard of them....
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote