Old 01-01-2009, 03:05 PM   #1  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Default Back In Kindergarten #68

Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

Feel free to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #2  
One day at a time

Ugh, I need to get back on a schedule! I know I keep saying this but I really need to do this...it is wrecking havoc on my body/system...feeling crappy today and I don't even have a hangover, lol...don't even drink! Anyway, getting ready to grab some/breakfast/lunch and then finish up my walking on the treadmill before jumping in the shower. We have the viewing to go to...it's from 5-7pm but we have to leave about 4 because it is a hour drive. So I MUST go to bed early tonight...funeral is at 10:30 in the morning...will definitely be a long day. I am going to try and get half my exercise done before we leave otherwise I think it will be a dud day for exercise.

Kathy...you ladies are making me want a Wii for sure! Great job on all the losses with it! Must check it out too! Funny, I almost got an orange HHR about 3 years ago, right after they came out...still like them. And our Ms Sue just bought one! I think you would love it!

Jules...glad your foot is feeling better. I was up late but not really to ring in the new year, lol...just couldn't go to sleep. Thinking I will have to take something to help me along tonight. Glad Ry and Teri didn't drive...I wondered about Charlotte and Josh cause I know they went out, I think...even though she shouldn't be drinking with trying to conceive.

Hello to everyone else

Sorry this is a short one but I am really pressed for time. I must get my exercise done before leaving, I must! Not sure when we will get in so...

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day and no one is suffering a hangover!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:24 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Cristina - no hangover here, a little tired though. for you and V. Sorry that you have to face this over the next few days. We are all here for you. Sorry they are only cyber hugs instead of the real thing. Sent over the internet with love though.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi All and Happy New Year!

Well we hung out lastnight with my BF and her man. Watched movies and played cards and I played with their baby (she's so cute!) and their animals totally fell in love with us too (they have dogs + cats). It was lots of fun. It was our first time going over to their place and I felt totally at home. Ever just go to someones house and feel that way? I mean I know its my BF and all that, but it was just comfy. I'm also totally jealous because I love their kitchen and ours is such a tiny little cracker box! lol.

Anyways we got home about 2 am and went to bed about 4 am. I was up at 10 am! We have to go to the in-laws today for dinner so no taking a nap for me! lol.

Well that is about it for me!

Latta!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-01-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #5  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

So last night started off fun. But after awhile, I started having a freakin panic attack. By the time midnight rolled around though, it went away. Thank God. We all were in bed by 12:30..lol. We were just a fun bunch huh?? LoL!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #6  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy New Year's Day

Cristina--I'm looking at either a Toyota Venza or a Nissan Murano. The Lexus and Acura similar models might be a little beyond my budget. I've loved my 4-runner and not too sure about getting rid of it. It's a 2004 and will be paid off in July.

Jules--The fireworks were canceled till tonight due to the high winds yesterday. Still too cold for me to go. My dh is a social butterfly. I believe he has more friends than me. Golfs with a different group every weekend. Just this past weekend, we ran into two old friends while out shopping. I'm used to seeing him running up to women that I don't even know and seeing him hugging them. Hey, as long as he comes home with me, no problem

Kathy--The wedding list is about 140 right now. Probably end up with about 125. DD left home a year ago to "live in sin" with her fiance. Actually he owns a townhouse closer to her college and where she works. With gas prices soaring last year, it was cheaper for her to live with him. We had some reservations about it. She wanted to move the year before and we told her that she could take her tuition, car payment and car insurance payment when she left. Slowed her down for a year then she decided to get a loan for her tuition and move anyway. We still make her car and insurance payments. I asked her if she was sure that going into thousands of dollars of debt was worth the freedom to have as much sex as she wanted while living away from home!! Needless to say, we have a very good and open relationship.

I hope everyone is having a nice day. I'm almost finished packing up all the holiday decor. Dh and I had a quiet evening last night. We had a great seafood dinner and rang in the new year under the covers !! I'm packing up a ton of candy, cookies and such to take to work tomorrow and dump in our conference room. I'll tackle the pantry this weekend and stock up on friendlier snacks. Heading off to look for a calzone recipie for dinner tonight.

Have a great evening ladies!
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #7  
ugggg.....

Cristina--forgot to say sorry for the loss, hugs to you and v. I think all the stress with the dil has got you out of whack. Hope you get some sleep and back on schedule.

Kathy--hubby doens't have a microwave but he does have a sleeping bag and pillow on the counch (for the dogs!!). He just put in a woodstove and insulated the roof. It's a 40 ft by 60 ft (?) pole barn. He just put in a woodstove last fall.

Sassy--glad you had a good time and are feeling better!! You'll get a new place soon.

Francie--sorry to here you are still getting panic attacks. You should go to the doctors and see if they can give you something to help ease them.

Tammy--I was very social before I met hubby, but he's made me a hermit!! The winds were pretty dad here. I heard Frederick County got hit pretty hard.

hi to everyone else!!!

Well, I just spend about 40 minutes on the phone with a Verizon tech to get my internet started--going to hit a few sites and then let hubby play on it.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:51 PM   #8  
One day at a time

Hi ladies...

We finally made it home. Man sometimes that drive seems soooo long! Faster coming home than going but still...all went well. We stayed the whole time and visited...not many people there other than mainly the immediate family...hoping there's more than that at the funeral. She was a homebody though and didn't have many friends. Not looking forward to tomorrow, it will be a long day I'm afraid.

JULES...thank you! I agree I'm afraid. I was not going to give in to the brats but ya know, sometimes someone has to be the bigger person...Josh is stubborn and so am I. And it made me think of V and his family...life is too short for petty BS. Plus I miss Cambrie, lol! I am taking something tonight for sure to help me sleep. I have to get back on a regular schedule. Let me know how you like verizon, I've wondered about them. Is it tomorrow that little D will be a whopping one? Or is it Sat? I can't keep things straight! Anyway...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to DOMINICK!!

TAMMY...the murano's are nice, don't think I've heard of the other. There's so many new vehicles now days...loving the new names too! Have a calzone for me!

FRANCIE...sorry you had an attack, glad it went away so you could ring in the New year. And, hope you are feeling better today.

SASSY...glad you guys had a nice time.

KATHY...thanks, I appreciate the hugs! Hope you got some rest.

HI to everyone else

I am actually feeling sleepy/tired so hoping this means I will get to bed early so I can get up by 6. Need to go fold some clothes and probably get a load started or at least set the timer for it to wash early in the morning.

Did okay with the exercise today...getting ready to do a dvd and a 10 minute walk on the treadmill and call it a night. I will fix my siggy probably Saturday to reflect the exercise done for the week, well for today-Sat...thinking I might do it weekly, not sure yet...might just be easier to do add it daily. Anyway...better get going. I will chat tomorrow sometime.

Nighty, night!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, we brought in the new year by having people over at our place. we all had a great time, and so that was a great turn out! we did a load of dishes before we went to bed, so that helped out a lot!

the kids were ALL still AWAKE when midnight rolled around. Marissa was the first to go to bed at about 12:30ish......then came Logan after our last guests left at about 2:30ish......and then Brandon fell asleep just about 3 this morning! we went to bed just after that, and when we got up the furnace was making noises and we had NO hot water! Tommy played around with the hot water tank, and turns out the thermal coupling is shot, so the office manager told us that we could go upstairs and use the shower in that unit. but the maintenance guy will be over in the morning to fix it!

we are also really looking into moving out of this place! a lady that Tommy works with, her daughter has a three bedroom mobile home that we are thinking of getting if she hasn't sold it yet! we won't know anything more until he talks to the lady again......oh yeah!

get this......Tommy's assistant plant manger called him this past Tuesday.....to tell him that when he picks up his check on Friday, they will give him his unemployment papers AND that his "vacation" has been extended to the 12th and maybe longer. Tommy thinks that they are just joking him around and that they are going to fire him. Good thing he filed for unemployment this past Monday!

now I need to go to bed, because the kids will more then likely be up early in the morning......not to mention the guy coming over to fix the hot water tank!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:08 AM   #10  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hi All.

I am glad I am finally feeling better too. Although my back was achin from the weather, I am good now. *knocking on wood there!!!* lol. My sleep cycle is totally screwed up now. I went to bed lastnight at 7:30 PM after getting home from dinner with the in-laws and got up at 2:30 AM! Oh well..........I just have to get back "into the groove" on Sunday, as its back to work.

Happy Friday!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-02-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #11  
One day at a time

Good morning...

Thought I would stop in and say HI before heading to jump in the shower, Just finished doing 45 minutes of exercise...was hoping for 60 before leaving but I overslept. Set the alarm for 6 and turned it off and rolled over...the hubby had to come wake me. Sleepy, zzzzzz....I am going to try and stay awake all day...no napping when we get back so maybe that will help me get back on track with my sleep...no more late nights/early mornings.

MINDEE...sorry to hear about the water heater, that sucks but glad they are getting to it fast! Good luck with the trailer hoping you guys can get it. Glad you guys enjoyed your company and your New Year's Eve!

SASSY...glad you are feeling better.

HI TAMMY, SUSAN, JULES, KATY, KATHY, SUE, FRANCIE and ASIA!

Hoping everyone has a good Friday! Later
Old 01-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #12  
RosieKate

Good morning!

I woke up to MORE SNOW...not that much, but I decided to skip the early morning water aerobics class anyway. I'll put some time in on the Wii today. My thighs HURT...all that balance stuff doesn't seem like much when you are doing it, but it is a really good workout.

David and I went to a local Thai place last night and was please to find out that their whole stir fry menu were veggies and meat. I ordered a spicy garlic stir fry with beef and it came on a bed of cabbage - no rice no pad thai - good news for the carb count! We did splurge on dessert - had deep fried cheesecake, also had a glass of wine. Even so the carbs came in at 98 for the day. The calorie count...well ...um...it was higher than usual

Today after it warms up a bit, I will be checking out a big yarn sale at a shop in Sellwood, and making a Costco trip. Our organics delivery comes today as well, and that's like having another Christmas, lol. Such big plans. OH, and I am kicking butt on a 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle that I started when we where snowed in...I am determined to finish it before the kids go back to school!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #13  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Goodmorning
Francie - sorry to hear about the panick attack. My Sister in law has been having panic attacks also. Glad it went away, and you were able to ring in the new year. Do you get them alot?

Tammy - I have always liked the murano. My friend has one, and she likes it so much, that she won't even let her hubby drive anymore. That is great that you have such a good relationship with your DD. You are very nice also to pay her car payment and her insurance. Do you like her fiance? My DD boyfriend lives with us and as time goes on, it is getting a little difficult.

Jules - Is it little D's birthday? Do you have any type of party planned for him? The kids got Punkin an icecream cake, and thought it would be fun to let her eat it by herself. Was cute until she froze her little hands and mouth. Then it took old gramma to cuddle her and get her to stop crying. Some things Gramma's just do best I guess. Sleeping bag for the dogs? Thats why my DH has a couch in there also....for the dogs. Too funny.

Cristina - ok you have a timer on your washer? That is too cool. You know I have no life when I am excited about a washer with a timer. Hope today goes ok for you two.

Mindee - sorry to hear about the call that Tommy got. That must be stressfull for the both of you. How long has he worked at that job? Did the kids sleep in yesterday with them going to bed so late?

Sassy - Did you have a good visit with your in-laws? Do they live close to you?

Hello to Sue, Katy, and SuzyQ. Hope that everyone has a good day today. I am off to try out this pilates video while everyone is still asleep, then I guess I will get on the dreaded treadmill.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #14  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just thought I would pop in while I can.....

the furnace is working like it should be, and our friend is here fixing the hot water tank now.....so hopefully it will be fixed soon.

the kids slept in yesterday and Brandon actually caught up for some lost sleep that he has needed since he is sick! he isn't coughing as much now, but hopefully before he goes back to school.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 06:41 PM   #15  
One day at a time

Again, had to change my pass word...too weird fo rme that this keeps happening...this is the third time. Guess I just freak a little thinking someone may have my password. I KNOW I logged out this morning when I posted so...anyway...we'll see.

KATY...your dinner sounded so yummy! WTG on keeping the carbs down too! Did you get some nice yarn for your next project(s)?

MINDEE...glad everything is fixed! And hoping the news about Tommy's job WAS all good!

KATHY...yes, I have a timer, lol. It actually is a great little gadget. I can set the washer to start up to 12 hours ahead of time...not that I need to go that far. But I have used it.

Today went well...I am very sleepy but I am going to hold out until at least 10, lol. I've got laundry to fold and get put away before I can go to bed anyway. So unless I throw the clothes on the floor a nap is not going to happen. Getting ready to go do a dvd...got a late start as usual, lol, this morning and only got 45 minutes done so have another 45 to do. Other than that not much going on.

Have a great day/weekend!