Old 12-30-2008, 11:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Default HOPE - For those with recently closed centers

Hey guys - pick your chin up and listen.

My center closed pretty recently - I think it was late October or early November. It's so wierd to read everyones posts filled with anxiety and despair because when my center closed I felt the same way! I was so worried that I would just gain everything back right away. I started having urges to eat bad foods when I hadn't really splurged at all since February when I started this whole thing. This worried me to no end... I had to wait 2 weeks to talk to a counselor on the phone and I felt so lost because for the previous 8 months I had weighed in at the center 3 times a week without fail! Suddenly the only accountability I had was to myself and this discussion board.

Looking back, it really has not been that bad doing this on my own. I have the knowledge now and all I need to do is use it. I've lost a couple of pounds since the center closed, which is cool because I'm so close to goal I know that it will be a slower process to get there. I feel good where I'm at right now and that is motivation enough to keep this up. I have talked to the LA on the go counselor a couple of times, but I can't honestly say its the same. I would suggest everyone at least get this set up so that they can get plan info when its time to drop down a plan or go into stabilization/maintenance phase - you want to at least get all the information that you paid for!

I stumbled across an old thread pretty recently that had started when Dan was losing his center and it was strange to see that he too had the same concerns (Dan - if you're reading - it's only because you always exude such confidence!).

Anyway - my point is, we all go through the worrisome phase when the center's abandon us - especially when we've had such great success with them. But the bottom line is YOU are the one making it happen! Take credit, stay accountable to yourself! Keep weighing 3 times a week or more, keep journaling your food, stay on plan... and when you start to stall or plateau, don't forget to stay involved here so that we can all help each other through those tough times!

I hope to see you all stick around here
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 08:25 AM   #2  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Well said Julie!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4

here here you make perfect sense...I have dealt with the closing now it is time for me to take charge...5 pounds lost since center closed...
nettie134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/198/170

Height: 5'9"

My Center closed in early December. I've been pretty much holding my own since then. I havent gained, but I havent lost anything either. I've been kind of slack with the diet over the holidays. But, I'm feeling ready to jump on the wagon again. I've lost 40lbs so far on LA weight loss, but I still have another 30lbs to go. I'm looking forward to the support from this website. I just joined up today !!
jcap36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #5  
on Changing Sizes plan C

S/C/G: 220/171/140

Height: 5'11"

Hey icap!

I was in the same boat as you - my center in Scottsdale closed quite a while back - but I had good success on the plan when I stuck to it, and I knew what I needed to do. It sounds like you do as well, so the best thing is stick to your guns, keep up the good work, and when you need help - ASK for it! We are not in this alone, and we can all help support eachother!

Jenn...
Jenniferk2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/198/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if anybody actually got a refund when their COD closed??? I signed up for a full year, and got 6 months into it when the center closed. My center just recently closed, so I havent even tried to get a refund yet. I'm wondering is there is any point ?? They gave me a website to email them and request a refund, but i'm not very hopeful that I will be getting one. I was just wondering if anybody out there actually DID get refunded ??

And thanks Jenn for the nice welcome. I do look forward to the support on this website. Its true, we all do need to stick together and we shall be successful !!

Thanks again, Jackie

Last edited by jcap36; 01-04-2009 at 08:58 PM.
jcap36 is offline   Reply With Quote