South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #1  
Just Beachy...

S/C/G: 210/188/164 (mini goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default How long have you SUCCESSFULLY been on SBD?

Hi there!

YAY...First post to what looks like an addictive, yet supportive, board!

I was just on Ph 1 for 20 days (was actually quite easy with the renovated list) and then stopped for Christmas d/t my insulting the family by not being able to eat anything on the table.

Anyway...I am starting back up on Ph1, but am curious how many of you have successfully been on SBD LONG-TERM.

TIA! Happy Beaching!
262mom2three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Why were you on Phase I for 20 days? It is only meant to be used for 2 weeks. It's not nutritionally sound to be on it over that.

I've been on SB for one year as of next week. Lost my weight in the first 4 months and have been maintaining since then. Not as long as some of the other gals here.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #3  
Just Beachy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
Why were you on Phase I for 20 days? It is only meant to be used for 2 weeks. It's not nutritionally sound to be on it over that.
Hi...thanks for the post. My plan was to be on Ph1 for 3+ weeks, if I thought that I could still mentally do without the grains, etc, b/c of the upcoming holiday. I was afraid that with the "permission" to add carbs, albiet still restictive, I might go overboard and not add them slowly. I wanted to just get past Christmas. Obviously, that didn't work.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/160/130

Height: 5'1.5"

I think the longest I stuck to the program faithfully was 5 months. I just restarted and am on day 3. I wanted to get a head start on the new year.
lightfello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I've been following SBD successfully since January of 2004.
Although I'm not at the goal I set for myself initially, I still claim that SBD has been very successful for me, because without it I know I would have just kept on gaining weight these past few years. I will have an occasional cheat, and really have trouble staying away from my nemesis, ice cream, during the summer months, but I don't have as much of it as I used to, and always get right back on plan. Without a doubt, if I stayed 100% on plan without any cheats at all, I would be at my goal and maintaining right now. Although I would like to lose another 10 or 15 pounds, I am satisfied with the way I look and feel at the present time.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 12-29-2008 at 05:41 PM.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #6  

I did SBD in March/2003 and stayed on program for 8 months. I had reached my goal. Then I slowly started eating the wrong foods again and gained all of my weight back, plus an additional 10 lbs. I started WW a year ago, but missed the beach, so this past September, I went back to SBD. I am only about 5 or 6 lbs from my goal weight, but I'm happy where I'm at right now.

My family knows and understands that I'm doing SBD and not to say one word if I don't eat the foods they do.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I started SBD 10/2007 and have stuck with it since. I've had a day here and there were I've been off plan but most of the time I'm on P2. My troubles center more around moving into P3 and I think for me it will always be P2 with a little wiggle room here and there (like 3 cookies on Christmas). It's the healthiest I've ever felt and that, even more than the weight (and the size 4 jeans!) keep me sticking with it.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:18 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Almost 2 years and plan on sticking with it forever. I do "cheat" on Thanksgiving and Christmas day, but other than that stick with it pretty faithfully.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Cat and I started about the same time, she has been a little more sucessful at the maintaining part than I have though. I did well until Thanksgiving and then semi fell off. I am back on though and will get the gain back off. I think this past month has shown me where my weaknesses are and perhaps will make me more sucessful in the long run.
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:04 AM   #10  

I did really well for a number of years. It got down to 140 and stayed there for quite awhile but then life intruded and I didn't have time to exercise and I got off track and gained 30 of it back. I'm working on getting back on the beach since I know my doctor will not be happy when I go for my checkup next month.
Barb0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:34 AM   #11  
Creative Beacher

I've been on SB since Feb, so almost a year. I do allow myself "cheats" now and then. I think that is key, for me anyway, to sticking to it long term. I have reached my initial goal and my second goal and I should really transition to P3. I think I'm with CyndiM, P3 is the scary part!

Good luck & don't be too afraid of P2, it is healthy for you to have those grains.
merryalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:41 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

19 months and counting for me. It's a lifetime commitment.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-30-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm not on as long as some of the other chicks yet, but I'm still proud of it! I started on May 5th this year...so 7 mos, almost 8.

I still have NO desire to go to a fast food restaurant, and get frustrated by going to places like Olive Garden that have little choices for our way of life. I actually asked my husband tonight if I drive him crazy at restaurants because I automatically try to figure out what I can eat. It's just become second nature of what I can/should eat....most "bad" things aren't even a temptation anymore.

And, it's a hoot listening to my DS (5 1/2) saying 'mommy, this has SEVEN SUGARS!!!!...he reads labels more than I do now!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #14  
Just Beachy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwynnB View Post
I still have NO desire to go to a fast food restaurant, and get frustrated by going to places like Olive Garden that have little choices for our way of life. I actually asked my husband tonight if I drive him crazy at restaurants because I automatically try to figure out what I can eat. It's just become second nature of what I can/should eat....most "bad" things aren't even a temptation anymore.
That is sooo great to hear! 8 mos is STILL a significant amount of time.

Quote:
And, it's a hoot listening to my DS (5 1/2) saying 'mommy, this has SEVEN SUGARS!!!!...he reads labels more than I do now!
WOW!! THAT is soooo great! I hope that my 5yo gets that into it!
Thank you!!

Congrats on meeting your goal! Are you now on Ph3? Or since you've extended your oal are you still on Ph2?
Old 12-31-2008, 05:27 PM   #15  

Great post...Helps keep me centered to read about the success that many of you have had...I started SBD on May 6, 2007....During the months, 30 pounds have gone away..I have also lost all cravings...this is the greatest plus of all...I can honestly say I have no interest in sugar and I have always had a massive sweet tooth...This has to be the best eating plan ever...I guess when it is as successful as this as been you think this way...One thing I do that I havn't seen mentioned here (maybe I missed it) is to journal daily....I write down what I eat not the amount or calories but just what I have...I also write a short little summary of the day at the bottom...This may seen a bit compulsive but I actually look forward to my journal...I feel physically great...What a blessing to have found something that works so well for me!!!!!
crutcher is offline   Reply With Quote