Old 12-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #1  

Height: 4'11"

Default How do you stay on plan when it's a bad day

I'm having a rough day. I know that eating junk will only make me feel better temporarily, but sometimes temporarily is better than nothing. I've managed not to go too far off plan, but I'd just like to dive head first into a cheesecake.
thinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Can you get up and walk or exercise or do something?

For me sometimes what helps is getting out of the house or the office or whatever environment I'm in, and into a different one. If I can, and I'm really feeling a lack of control coming on, I go to the gym. There's something about working out that gives me my control back ... once I've put in the effort, I don't want to "waste" it by eating stuff that's bad for me.

If you can't do that, then do something that keeps your hands busy. Clean - let the smell of cleaners take the thought of cheesecake right out of your head. Or type something. Or knit something. Or anything that will keep you busy and not thinking about food.

Hang in there - it's even harder at this time of year. If nothign else, know you're not alone! )

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #3  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Step away from the cheesecake!

If at all possible - toss it. And then put salt on it...

If it isn't yours (like you are at work and it's in the break room calling your name), my last ditch plan is to promise myself some on my way out. If - when it's time to leave for the day there is still a piece there, I have one piece on the way out. No going back for more, and half the time it's gone before I get there.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:27 PM   #4  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Think of something else besides food that makes you feel good. Maybe treating yourself to a pedicure or relaxing in a nice bath, take a walk, anything else besides overeating. Overeating may make you feel good for a few minutes but more than likely you will just feel worse about it later. Hang in there!

C
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:45 PM   #5  
Tired of Failure

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'8"

Default no diving in the pool

We all have those days. Back away from the diving board and go for a swim instead. Tomorrow's a new day.
sstahl1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

I'm with Chick In A Hat...if you can't talk yourself out of it and a small slice just won't do...toss it. I usually try to think of how hard I'll have to work to compensate for the calories - but...there are those days...that's when this forum really helps.

Let nothing come between you and your dream becoming a reality!

chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #7  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

I vow to do something else instead of binge. If I feel "hungry", I make myself wait 15-20 minutes, i'll do exercise, or something else to keep me busy. 9 times out of 10 that stops me from munching, I wasn't really hungry. The 1 out of 10 times that it is real hunger, well I have a small high protein snack.

Dont let emotions control what you eat!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote