Old 08-22-2002, 12:16 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Somercising Thread #2

Fresh new thread!
Old 08-22-2002, 04:53 AM   #2  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am glad to see this. I thhink the girls here are great and have lots of enthusuiasm. I love the recipies they have been having too. could you please post them on the recipe section???

Thanks girls and please keep it up!!
Old 08-22-2002, 07:11 AM   #3  

Default Thank you Jennifer,

Thank you Jennifer for starting a new Somersize thread.
Old 08-22-2002, 08:03 AM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Default Somercizers chat-new Aug 22

Morning ladies

Hope everyone is having a good week-almost friday

I having been having a stressful week but the boss is gone for 2 days so I can get some catch up work done-yay!

It just occurred to me while making lunches that I am having trouble sticking to the WOE as I am still thinking in points instead of carbs I guess it will take some time to undo that
I am going grocery shopping this weekend to restock my pantry with SS type foods so that should help!

Well gotta go and get dressed for work, talk to you all later and have a great day (love these new smilies!)
Old 08-22-2002, 10:24 AM   #5  

HI!HI!HI!
A brand new thread, I'm glad. Thank you Jennifer and everyone else. It is a brand new and fresh start.
I love all these new smiley faces. How cute are these?
Mauvaisroux, aren't sack lunches hard? I always make extra at supper. I still can't seem to figure out how to cook for just 2 people. So I send leftovers with the old man for his lunch. He is so easy to please and will eat anything I send with him. He is not a bit dessert guy, but does love ice cream, so I'm happy I have a new ice cream maker to make legal ice cream at home.
I tossed out all my illegal stuff when I started, even dressings, ketchup and soy sauce. I've been making my own and have a great recipe for French Dressing if anyone wants it. If you do, I'll post it over in the recipe section. I don't know why I didn't think to post over there before.
Well, I missed you guys and need you. Talk to you all later and stay legal!
Really like this smiley I saw if on Mavaisroux's thread I think and it is so right for us.
Later, Nikki
Old 08-22-2002, 10:41 AM   #6  

Angry Good morning everyone,

This has been an awful SS week for me. I'm sure I have gained back some, if not all of the 3 lb. I lost last week, and I'm afraid to get on the scale. Today is another day.!

One problem I am having is that I think I'm getting tired of eating eggs in the morning. For some reason, I'm starting to gag as they're going down. Have any of you any good ideas as what to have for a pro/fats breakfast, other than eggs? I have been eating shredded wheat just about every morning this week. I will have bacon & eggs one morning over the weekend, just to see how it goes.

mauvaisroux, when I worked outside the home, I loved it when my boss was away Hope you get caught up on your work.

nikkic, please post your French Dressing recipe. Also, in one of your posts, I believe, you mentioned you had coleslaw one night. Could you post your coleslaw dressing recipe if you have one, also? DH & I love coleslaw, but the bottled dressing has sugar in it. Thanks.

Take care and have a great day!
Old 08-22-2002, 11:08 AM   #7  

I will post them both Aleka. As for breakfast, I'm not always up for eggs, although I don't mind them. What I've been doing lately is a little different. I found that I don't feel so hungry in the am but am starving in the evening. So, since I only have to cook for Dh and myself and really only once for him, I have been eating small meals throughout the day, like 5 or 6 meals. For breakfast, I juice a couple of oranges or eat a piece of fruit once or twice a week. If I want to stay pro/fat, I'll eat some cheese and some homemade summer sausage that I make (If you want that recipe, I'll post it too, it's easy and delicious). In fact a lot of times, I'll have a salad for breakfast or something you would normally think of as lunch or dinner food (leftovers from yesterday). I know it's not breakfast food, but hey I'm a grown up and I make my own decisions. I have a great husband and when he comes home from work in the morning, he usually has a bowl of his favorite-Sugar Frosted Flakes. So I don't really worry about feeding him. I worry about what he's eating, but that's his decision. I couldn't throw out Tony's flakes, DH would never forgive me! Anyway, that's what I've been doing lately.
Speaking of gagging, when I was a kid, we had eggs over easy every morning. I hated them, so much. I would cut off the white and put the yellow part in my mouth, then run to the bathroom and spit it out in the toilet. Then I'd swallow the whites so fast, it was one gulp and they were down. I don't know why my folks never figured that trick out. I can eat them now and I like them, but it took years to get over that aversion to eggs I had as a kid.
I'm going to go post those recipes now.
Later, Nikki
Old 08-22-2002, 11:26 AM   #8  

Angry nikkic,

Please post your sausage recipe for me. Thanks. Aleka
Old 08-22-2002, 01:35 PM   #9  

Aleka, think outside of the box!

Breakfast does not have to be bacon and eggs. I often eat a pork chop or a hamburger patty. My favorite is a spinach quiche. I love making ahead. I use frozen spinach (drained), eggs, and cheese. I make a large batch on the weekend and heat up a piece each morning. I could never choke down just plain eggs every morning. I do this in a large skillet.

Last edited by DonDar; 08-22-2002 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-22-2002, 03:23 PM   #10  
Hang In There

Hi Alice, we drink protein drinks fro breakfast, but I don't know where the fat would come in. In one of our grocery stores here, the have frozen pour a queche (sp) It comes in a container like milk. What I do is thaw it out and cook it in muffin tins. Then just pull out a couple and nuke then to eat. I know it's still eggs, but it is different. It also comes in four or 5 different flavors.

Also will someone post one of the SS legal ice cream recipies.

Thanks
Old 08-22-2002, 04:30 PM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Aleka, take a look in the recipe section under Miscellaneous. Nasus has posted Breakfast Ideas.
Old 08-22-2002, 05:07 PM   #12  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

hey girls have you tried the faux cream of wheat?? it is made with riccotta cheese, and (eggs) but tastes ots like custard or the rice pudding with cottage cheese? that also makes a delishious breakfast when eggs just do not to the trick. one think i love isd my eggs soft boiled with cereal in it likew fiber one. that makes it taste like it is on toast. and like dondar said think out side of the box eat meat!!
Old 08-22-2002, 07:44 PM   #13  

Evening everyone!

Well I had a pretty good day at work today and tomorrow is Friday

I did pretty good today as far as plan goes.

I can't wait to do a proper grocery shop on Saturday although I know I will drive DH nuts by reading the labels on everything

In answer to your breakfast question- I usually eat cereal in the morning and that is most of my carbs for the day. On Saturday and Sunday I have Cheese and mushroom omelets or scrambled eggs (no milk).

I have an egg story too.
I hate egg white When I was a kid my baby sitter always made sunnyside up eggs. To me it was like eating raw egg, wet, slimy etc. After my second attempt at eating eggs this way I tried to tell her I wanted my eggs scrambled. She was Italian and didn't speak much english so I finally just told her I didn't like eggs
To this day I can't eat egg white, not even hardboiled, they have to be so scrambled that everything is yellow or they have to be in the form of an omelet-egg trauma

I am off to Montreal again tomorrow so I won't be able to post.

Hope you all have a great day and I will talk to you on Saturday

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 08-22-2002 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2002, 07:50 AM   #14  

Good Morning Ladies
Thank God it's Friday I am hoping so hard I will have a weight loss this week! I am still alittle scared about all the good food we are allowed to eat. I don't think I have ever enjoyed my meals this much in years!!!! Talk to you later.
Anne.
Old 08-23-2002, 08:02 AM   #15  

Morning everyone!

Anne- good to see you back!
Hope you all have a great day and I will talk to you on Saturday when I get back from Montreal