Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #1  

Default diet awards

I was just wondering if anyone has heard of the diet awards? It is supposed to be a company that will pay you to use a product that is on their list and then send in your before and after pics and they will pay you $1,000. I know it does sound too good to be true, but I really do not get what they would be gaining. They offer several different products like hoodia, weight watchers, south beach, a colon cleasing product, slim10, several products that are unrelated to one another. I went to another website and there were people on there that said they had actually received a check. I mean, I am on a mission to lose weight anyway, so who wouldnt want an extra thousand bucks just to do what you need to. Has anyone else heard of this or actually tried it??? God Bless and thanks ahead for any responses.
way2chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #2  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

What the company would be gaining? Well, they get to show the public that HEY THIS PRODUCT WORKS. In turn they would be making a lot more than a couple thousand dollars selling the product. It's all about marketing.
I haven't tried it, but it doesn't sound unlikely that a company would do that.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:25 PM   #3  
it's always something

I might agree if it was the manufacturer of legitimate products offering the money, but it isn't.

The diet products are really bad products, gimmicky and useless and include products proven ineffective. They suggest WW and South Beach but also ask you to buy their diet pills along with it. They offer Jillian Michaels, through an affiliate program. The 'awards' gimmick appears to be a ploy to get people to buy more of their products that generate commissions. I'd love to check the terms and conditions for their offer, but it doesn't appear to be available for reading.

I am extremely suspicious of this offer and would advise anyone considering it to research it independently first.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote