Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #1  

Default Advice, please.....=)

Hello 3fc members! I am a newbie and really need help and advice from all of you with PMA! (positive mental attitude)

So I lost 45 lbs in about 2 months on a program called quick weight loss center. When I started the program I was not working so it was easy to work out and eat right - the premise of this diet plan.

Well, now I work 3 jobs....yes, 3. I work 70 hrs per week, 7 days a week. I leave the house between 7-8am and I get home around 10:30-11pm. Mon - Fri. Then Sat and Sunday I work from 10-5 (sat) and 1-5 Sun.

So I guess the advice I need is this - what can I eat that is fast and on the go but healthy? Here's the kicker - I want to lose 65 more lbs.

Help!
ilovemydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:28 PM   #2  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Hi there!

First of all, nice handle!!! (I love my dogs, too!)
And welcome to 3FC.

Ok, I don't know anything about quick weight loss centres - is the program based on diet, exercise, or combination of both? You should tell us and also post what you typically eat in a day so that we have some idea.
(Congrats on your weight loss so far.)

I completely understand that you want to lose additional pounds, but 45 lbs in 2 months is a LOT. It is too much, in fact, especially if you want the results to last and then some. [Sorry, some tough love ahead]. Maybe you need to prepare yourself for the fact that your weight loss will be much slower from now. It is not healthy to drop a huge amount of weight quickly, and given the fact that you work 3 jobs, there is hardly any time for you to do exercise. You do need to rest, too, otherwise you will simply burn out.

So tell us a bit more how you lost the pounds so far, if you have membership at a gym, if you have any tools at home, what you eat, etc.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #3  

I don't know how you work that much!

(I love dogs too!)
jenniferleats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Do you have a microwave at work ? You could get some Lean Cuisine or Smart Ones to microwave. Or you can take salad fixings, non fat yogurt, low fat cheese. Cooked chicken or roast beef to make sandwiches, fresh fruit and vegies, Slimfast or other protein shakes. The list is endless.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:46 PM   #5  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

I would have to bring a cooler with me- You could make wraps to eat. If it will be awhile until you can eat it, you might pack the whole wheat tortilla separately from the filling so it doesn't get soggy. I would like one filled with fresh spinach, tomatoes, low fat cheese and shredded chicken or tuna. I would also put snacks in the cooler- maybe hummus and green pepper strips or celery and natural peanut butter, an apple or an orange. Make sure you bring along water. I love my Camel Back water bottle- it's BPA free and holds just under a liter of water.

Do you have time to walk on your lunch break? Otherwise it looks like you would be missing out on sleep to work out during the week. If it were me- I would try to do the main exercise on the weekends and if you have time to walk at some point during the days of the week then do that.
Thin4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:26 PM   #6  

Thanks all! Yes, I lost and actually kept it off. Quick weight loss center is a low carb, low cal diet. I ate 3 portions of low carb fruit, 4 servings of veggies, 2 lean proteins , 2 low cal starches and 2 of their "supplements" or snacks. I also walked 3 miles a day. (in case you missed it, NO dairy)

But NOW I can't do any of it - I don't have time for dinner.
ilovemydog is offline   Reply With Quote