Old 12-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/200/160

Height: 5'6"

Default over 40, overweight and looking to get fit & healthy.

Hi everyone, I am another newbie to this method of communication with other weight loss chicks...I can see from looking around this site, that many of you have had amazing results....and looking forward to the same for me.

The holiday season is always a challenge for me, and I am sure for most folks. But Christmas is now over for the year and a new year and new attitude is there.

I am from Canada (Barrie, Ontario)....but I know that my issues are universal.

I look forward to making new on-line friends.

cheers, Sandra
fitredchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/143/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Sandra I am Carrie and also very new to the Forum...Happy to meet you and Support you in your goals.
I have 55 lbs to go...
Meenamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Welcome to you both. There is support and answers to be found here. Dive in and immerse yourself in the knowledge of the members. It's an amazing place to be on your journey.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #4  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Hi Sandra,
Canada eh? Welcome aboard, best of luck to you, from another 40 something.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 04:52 PM   #5  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi Sandra, welcome to the group. I just joined a couple weeks ago and find the information and support here excellent. Together we CAN do this.

Forty-four and frumpy working on being forty-four and fabulous.

Cindy
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 05:49 PM   #6  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Lots of us from Canada, look in the support groups section for the crazy canuks winter thread to find many of us!
Welcome, and best wishes. I still haven't started a "diet" just working on avoiding binges and eating "better" and smaller portions, and have lost weight already. So be prepared. I didn't really feel ready to start a weight loss program when I started coming, but the support here really helps a lot.
good luck
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #7  

Hello all...thank you for your kind words. I did see the forums from Canada...but because it's such a big country...I decided to jump in with those in my age group, regardless of geography.

My biggest issue is consumption of sweets (chocolate) to be precise. Just tonight, I had some lovely chocolate covered cranberries....delicious!

I have started taking yoga classes for strength and fitness, but need to get into a good cardio program. I love to walk...but have lost my walking buddy...so, my motivation has waned a bit.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #8  

Default hello fatmad, Cindy, Wendolyn, Thighs be Gone, and Carrie

Thanks for your kind words,

this is such a great way to have a virtual support system...I do have sisters...and have tried to lose weight with them...but we don't live close to each other, and were at different places in our lives, so we weren't really in a position to "support" one another the way we needed.

Anyway....I am ready to jump in....I am not really a believer in starting a "diet" on January 1st or on a Monday...so, I am starting today (Saturday).

I have started a food journal...but have already fallen off the wagon and bought some chocolate covered cranberries....they were great....but will get back on the wagon tomorrow!!

What are your tricks, issues, or barriers?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #9  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

For me there are no tricks. Somedays are easier than others. I am a binger, and for the most part have avoided binges, except twice in the last 2 months, instead of twice or more a week. Also not snacking at night.
My portions have gotten smaller.
I notice that overeating to the point of fullness or bloating takes less food now, and my binges are smaller too, i just get too uncomfortable too fast.
I really have to watch myself when sleep deprived due to work or insomnia.
Which I am now. Sorry , must go, goodnight
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #10  

Default Good Morning

Hi Fatmad...thanks for the advice...yes, I am a binge eater too. But also a grazer and just love food!

I have entered into the dating world again...now THAT'S scary....especially when trying to look and feel your best.

Today has been good so far. Had a good protein and fruit breakfast (love those clemetines)

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-28-2008, 10:49 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215.5/185.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Just waving hello to everyone!

Personally, I've had a rough month. I'm hoping to get back on track. I look forward to seeing new faces!

Best wishes for the new year!
beth4365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Hey Sandra, I'm glad that you too have found this site. I love it! I started my journey in October - what works for me is going to the gym. The first few weeks of weight lifting...words cannot describe the soreness that lasted for days...all I thought of was "if only it hurt putting the weight on" - LOL! Now, I don't deny myself anything because I'm on a diet - I just decide it if's worth the work to burn it off-LOL! Set mini goals for yourself and treat yourself when they're attained. Buy yourself a charm bracelet and add a charm for every accomplishment (not my idea, but I got it from this site) - reward yourself. You will soon find the changes you make are not due to a diet rather the lifestyle you want! Best To You and Keep Us Posted!

chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #13  

Hi Chunky Monkey...thanks for the advice.. I like the idea of rewarding yourself when you reach a milestone....

I have clothes in my closet that I don't or can't wear..because I am too fat. For me, that should be the reward...but I think you are right...maybe should think of something else. Not a big charm bracelet person, but I do love other types of jewerly...ok...I'll think of something.

The last few days have been ok...I have stayed on target and not jumped off the wagon too much.

I am not following one certain diet program per se...I have just found that if I do my own thing...is works better. Anyone else do this?

have a great day, Sandra
Old 12-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

You also Sandra

chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 201.5/186.5/140 per WiiFit

Hello,
I am a newbie as well, approaching 45 and at my highest weight ever!!! I ordered Bistro MD yesterday and am really looking forward to getting back on the losing weight train!! Have had a very hard time shedding pounds now that I'm in my 40's ughhhh periomenopause!!!!
But I have decided I am going to overcome the cruel tricks my body is trying to play, I have equipped myself w/ a new diet program, Wii fit and a new attitude; not to mention annual beach vacation to Punta Cana in March...I just want to feel better about myself on the beach.
Looking forward to getting to know you all better.
Debbie
DebbieK is offline   Reply With Quote