Old 12-19-2008, 03:25 PM   #16  

Shannon- you had leftovers!?! They are best eaten right off of the pan as soon as they are cool enough to not burn your mouth. You are not going to be able to preserve the unique crunch. I have tried to him them a quick re-heat in a hot toaster oven but it gets tricky- just like trying to re-crisp french fries.....not the best.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #17  
Workin' It

Oh, I ate plenty right off the pan...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:39 PM   #18  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
How do I store the beans? They got a little squishy overnight...
I'm with tommy. I can't believe you had any leftover. Doesn't matter how many pounds I make of it, there's always a "discussion" on who get the last one. So storing it, is never something I've had to deal with.

I too don't think you'll recapture that just out of the oven texture. But I'm sure they're still plenty good heated up in the over - just not quite as good.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #19  
Workin' It

I bought some spare beans last night, so I'll bake fresh for my holiday party Saturday, I just have to be careful not to eat all of them before I get there...
Old 12-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #20  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I usually do have leftovers (not that they last a full 24 hours) because I make a pound or more, and my husband doesn't eat many. I've certainly eaten an entire pound myself in a single sitting (usually AS my meal - yep, just green beans).

They are softer when reheated (I usually just microwave) and while they're not crispy, they're still awfully yummy.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #21  
Workin' It

I think I could have easily eaten a pound last night...
Old 12-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #22  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I have a similar recipe. I use fresh green beans from Sam's Club. They're very skinny long "haricots verts" (just the french name for green beans). I've never used any other green beans, because these are already washed and trimmed, and I just rinse and pat dry.

But then I toss them (in a ziploc bag) with just enough oil to make all of them damp with the oil after shaking. Usually one tablespoon is plenty. Then I pour in a couple teaspoons of dry ranch dressing mix (I buy it in bulk, but it's what's in the Hidden Valley Ranch mix packets) or mixed seasonings (garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, pepper). Then I shake to coat the beans with the seasoning and poor onto a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees until they're wrinkly, and the very tips are just starting to turn black (this is the way I like them).

I think with frozen, you might have to cook longer (on the other hand, since they're precooked, they might not take as long). The really thin green beans only take about 25 to 30 minutes to bake. Just keep checking on them and when you like the results, take them out.
I'm making these right now to bring over to friends.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #23  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

OUTSTANDING. My 2 year old, who has recently decided he hates all food has eaten several and claimed them GOOD.

I've put them in a covered dish and am headed over to celebrate .
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote