Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #1  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Question Treadmills at home

What brand and model is your treadmill?

How long have you had it?

How much do you use it?

How do you like it?

Where did you buy it?

I'm looking to buy a tread but I don't know where to start...it seems the price range is from 399 up to 2000 and beyond. Ouch!
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #2  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Life Fitness 9100 HR

How long have you had it?
3+ years

How much do you use it?
DH and I use it 6 days per week when on plan

How do you like it?
Love it!!! Because it is a gym quality unit even DH who is 200+ can jog/run on it.

Where did you buy it?
Got it off e-Bay. If you do a local search you can work it out to pick it up. Just be patient in your search and have a good idea of what you want. We paid $600 for the treadmill. We also got a really nice BowFlex for $450.

FYI - Turning your treadmill into a walkstation makes working out go by so much faster. Good for a decent speed walk, I'm doing 3.0 with an incline of 3.0 as I type this. Here is my set up.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #3  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

Nordictrack exp 1000i

How long have you had it? about 4 months

How much do you use it? Everyday!

How do you like it? I love it

Where did you buy it? I got it off of Craigslist for $100 from a lady that was moving into a smaller house.
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Life Fitness T-70

About a month

I use it at least 5 mornings a week, at least 30 minutes each time.

I love it!!!

I got mine in a silent auction at a fund raising dinner for my DS's school. Minimum opening bid was $1000 and no one outbid me. This has an MSRP of $4600!!! What a deal!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #5  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Life Fitness T-70

About a month

I use it at least 5 mornings a week, at least 30 minutes each time.

I love it!!!

I got mine in a silent auction at a fund raising dinner for my DS's school. Minimum opening bid was $1000 and no one outbid me. This has an MSRP of $4600!!! What a deal!!!
Wow, you practically stole it! lol
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:04 PM   #6  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for letting me jump in here....oh and I appreciate the pics that go with the treamills thanks!

My question is...is your tread WIDE enough? I'd have to go downstairs and look at mine to see the name brand, but it is so narrow, I feel like I'm walking one foot in front of the other, or stepping half on the tread and half on the side, which trips me up. So I can't go as fast as I can on the gym TMs. So I don't use mine...!

What I've heard about treamills (and ellipticals for that matter) is that you get what you pay for...you want a good quality machine, you'll pay more for it. Unless you get it on craigslist or ebay or the like...or a silent auction! (what a steal! I'm totally jealous!!!!)

Plus I'd LOVE a fold up type so I can walk in front of the tv!
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #7  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Smooth Fitness 4.25

I've had it since November. Paid $800 for it with free shipping. I use it EVERY day (sometimes twice a day, and sometimes my boyfriend uses it as well). I LOVE it! It's sturdy, smooth, fairly quiet, and it can fold up and fit in a closet. It's the only really sturdy space saving treadmill I've come across. The warranty is also fantastic. You have to buy online direct from them, they don't carry them in stores.
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:46 PM   #8  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

My treadmill is a German brand and I can't remember what it is. I bought it here, in my town as the company has the dealer for Canada and US located here. I paid about $900 for it, it was on special at that time (end of January 2008), I think regular price is $1000 but I also had to pay tax (14%) plus $100 fee for setup. I was glad I did because it is big and heavy and I live by myself so I wouldn't be able to do it myself.
It has a great warranty (lifetime on engine). I was using every other day very dilligently until August or so when it aggravated some problem I did not even know I had. Now I use it about once a week (I had to go to therapy) and very carefully, but I am hoping I will get back to joggin again.
Make sure your belt is 20 x 55, 18 x 50 is not enough - especially if you are my height.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:48 PM   #9  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

By the way, I did a lot of online reading about treadmills before I bought mine and I recommend you do the same. Pay attention to continuous horse power, a treadmill is supposed to have at least 1.75 chp (a good treadmill that is).
Don't buy a Walmart cheapo.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN BSN 2009 View Post
Wow, you practically stole it! lol
Ain't that the truth!!

And wide? Mine is so wide it won't fit through a standard door frame. Thank goodness I have sliding glass doors in all my rooms, but to move it from room to room means having to take it out to the patio and then back in to a different room. And yeah, we have to do that every once in a while because we have the guest bedroom set up as our exercise room, so if we have guests, we have to move everything to the living room. It wasn't so bad when all we had was the NordicTrack!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #11  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Check out places like sears outlet center.

Oftentimes, they have brand new items that were returned to them, because they have one ding or scratch on them. Oftentimes they have the same warranty as a new one, except they are $200-$300 cheaper.

My grandpa got a ProForm treadmill about $250 cheaper than the brand new one, just because it had a scratch on the side. People who pay full price scoff at getting a slightly imperfect item.

Just food for thought!
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #12  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Mine is called an epic and I go it at Costco.
It does fold up but I keep it open as it is very heavy and I worry about my children playing with the pin that secures it and getting very hurt.

It cost 800 and I am very happy with the quality.

Last edited by kittycat40; 12-24-2008 at 11:21 AM.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I have a pacemaster pro plus. 2.5 HP continuous duty .7-11mph with 0-15%incline in 5% increments. I've had it for 5 years and it was used when I got it. I LOVE IT!!! Gym quality at home. I paid $400 for it used. It goes for about $2700. Whatevery you buy, if you can afford it, go for continuous duty. Check out your local craigslist or freecycle if you can. I would rather go for used top quality then new mediocre quality. Good luck...let us know what you end up with.
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote