Old 12-19-2008, 09:17 PM   #1  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Default Time to roll off the roll!

Hi, everyone! I finally saw something on the scale this week that I thought I'd never see again - the number that was there about a week before I gave birth to my son! I have put on 27 pounds since the day he was born ... and it's time to get to work.

I've indulged, I've binged, I've deliberately eaten too much and moved too little. I want to move with ease again, and to feel healthy and attractive. The 40's are an awesome time for women - the perfect mix of wisdom, experience, and elegance ... I want to be there, instead of having to sit on the bed to put my socks on, and being out of breath by going out to get the mail.

I'm 41, married 19 years, with a 9 year old son. I have nothing working against me that many people have not overcome already ... and I can't wait to learn more and be inspired!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/188/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome ICUwishing, your going to love this forum. It's all here from advise to recipes...I'm 46 and feel the same way as you - the forties are FANTASTIC. Best to ya!

chunckymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #3  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=ICUwishing;2505094] The 40's are an awesome time for women - the perfect mix of wisdom, experience, and elegance ... QUOTE]"

This so true, now it is time for us to truly enjoy "our" time. I have let my weight get in the way of that for five of those special years and enough is enough.

We CAN do this!!!
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
The 40's are an awesome time for women - the perfect mix of wisdom, experience, and elegance ... I want to be there,
What a great way to express that, I agree and I know you can get there!! So many different groups here to choose from, I hope you find your 'niche' here and soak up the great support
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/200/150

Height: 5'3''

Yes, what a wonderful sentence. Thank you for that.
Ponytail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey there and welcome to the 3FC. You will get there. You have found us and we are all here for you. There are answers, there is support. Thanks for saying a little something about women in their 40's. It's just around the corner for me. I want to be everything I have ever dreamed in my 40's--clever, witty, confident, successful and hot too!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote