Old 12-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Talking 30 Somethings Chat, Thur Dec. 18th

Good morning all!! I'm of to work early this morning but thought I'd get the thread started ad say hi...

Glad you liked my poem. I have lots... I thought I shared some already? I guess some of you got here after that though Here is another one dedicated to another one of those "love to hate it for dieting" holidays...

A VALENTINE FOR ME

Little pink candies
And big red hearts
In one whole aisle
Of my local Save-A-Mart.

I walked down the aisle
with awe on my face,
At the chocolately goodness
Tied with ribbons and lace.

I tried to walk quickly
With all of my might…
Who the heck knew,
This would be such a fight.

But slowly my willpower
Came to an end
And I picked out a Valentine
I wanted to send.

Then I picked up some more
Then some more, then some more.
And now I am covered
in wrappers galore.

All those pretty red ribbons
Are crumpled with crud
And my face looks like I have been
Pushed in the mud.

I lay in the aisle
Of my local Save-A-Mart
And nothing but wrappers are
Filling my cart.

Baffled Employees and
Shoppers alike…
Stare at my predicament
In terror and fright.

And as they approached me
Fearful but quiet…
I heard one woman whisper…
“She must be on a diet.”

Have a great day all!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Here's another little short one...

The 80's

Eighty’s music is so “True”
I tap my toes to “Rock With You”
I can remember “Off the Wall”
Before Michael Jackson’s nose fell off.

I used to love a song named “Thriller”
About a crazy “Psycho Killer”
And jam to “You Dropped a Bomb on Me”
And used to sit back and “Pass the Dutchie”

In 98, had my “White Wedding”
And danced to tunes by Otis Redding,
And now after seven years, me thinks
That J. Geils was right when he said “Love Stinks”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL... I love my hubby... no really...

ROFLMAO!!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 12-18-2008 at 06:56 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

HaHaHa...love the 2nd one especially poppyseeds!

Well it's been a LONG week so far for me. I'm so bloody tired. We have a transit strike going on in Ottawa and that means the almost $90/month I pay for an express pass is not doing me a whole lot of good at the moment.
I had to get a ride with my husband's coworker this morning and we left at 6:10 am! I'm usually getting up around that time to catch a 7 am bus. I'm SOOOOO tired! I have very little energy and I feel like I need to have a caffeine IV!

This is me...all day!

I need a HUGE cup of tea!

Other than that...looking forward to dinner with friends tonight...they have a 2 1/2 month old son and he's the cutest lil' monkey! I'm also DEFINITELY looking forward to the weekend! Is it Friday yet??!!??

How's everyone else doing today?
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #4  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Hello My Ladies!! Happy Thursday!

We are breaking loose, were are leaving the house today. YAY! No gym, but a mess load of errands. Making sure I bring my jug of water along, but am sure I'll stop for a cup of Joe at Starbucks as it is still f-f-f-freezing out.

great poems Poppy--- keep 'um coming.

Wifey-- If you can come up with a way to have a caffeine IV... I'll be your Guinea Pig and try it out.

Well off to shower the kids and get ready myself... after my coffee.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #5  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Cool poems poppy!

Just got up about 45 minutes ago. I think I'm going to shower and head down to the local farmers market since its on for another 3 hours. Then, I'll come back home to check the mail (waiting for the x-ray the stupid dentist office mailed and I need to show it to the new dentist). If it doesn't come today, I can just head out and run some errands and workout at the gym. Have to see what happens.

Have a good one gals!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:09 AM   #6  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Morning chicks. I'm tired today too. It must be in the air. Or, could it be that I haven't been to bed before 1 in so long I can't remember? LOL. Getting new electronics in this household almost guarantees late nights. The new computer is working great except for the fact that I can't seem to get my email in windows mail. I didn't realize until yesterday that it wasn't working right and I had over 200 emails on the server!! DH thought he got it fixed last night but this AM I was only able to get my mail on the Gmail site. Ugh. DH is not going to be happy. He's a computer guy (thank goodness) but he doesn't know Vista, so this could be fun!!

Diet is going so-so. I'm back on the Phentermine and the doc says he thinks I will be for at least a year. At least it's keeping me from eating the entire house while I am on the megace. I go back to the GYN in January to see what the plan is. So far the megace is doing it's job. I do seem to have more willpower on the Phentermine. It definitely helps not to be hungry all the time, but if my problem was only eating when I was hungry, I wouldn't be here! DH is definitely NOT helping. He eats all the friggin time and it's so hard not to snack just because he is. He eats dinner (not a small dinner either!), then dessert, then a bowl of cereal, then some sort of snack. And doesn't gain that much. It's just not fair!! OK, enough whinning!

Poppy: Love the poems. You are very talented!

Wifey: Hope you got an extra large cup of tea! And that the strike is over soon.

Pear: Enjoy getting out of the house, even if it is lots of errands.

Disgruntled: Enjoy your late morning.

OK, guess I better go. Cass is giving me a physical with her doctor kit. Uh-Oh...she's coming at me with the pretend shot. I better run! LOL. Have a great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/197

Height: 5'9

Well I steered clear of cheesies today and when my DD's teacher gave me a choc covered pretzel and another chocolate goodie I thanked her and gave them away in secret so I wasn't tempted!! Yahooo!! That was hard!!

Thursdays are my weigh in day and I didn't do as well as I thought. I lost 1lb. I REALLY want to hit 40lbs so that I can say "me and Marie Osmond lost 40lbs on Nutrisystem!!!" and I can't!!! Dagnabit! So now the HUGE challenge of loosing 2 lbs in a week that includes an eatfest on Christmas eve begins!! But I'm gonna try!! So here's to next week!!

Good to check in with you all...I'm loving this place!
kiki100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:37 PM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All! Day 2 of training over! Just popping in quick!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:25 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey chicksters ~ hi to everyone. We went out for pizza tonight and it was soooooo good. And, of course I had to have a beer with it. Lots of calories but we rarely go out to eat so it was a nice treat.

Lauren ~ what is the training for? Did you get a new job?

Have a good evening everyone ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #10  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Unfortunately no Disgruntled, I hope they come in the mail tomorrow by lunchtime so I can run to the dentist office with them. *fingers crossed*

I did workout at the gym for an hour today which was good. I'm also starting to park a ways from everything I go to so I get in extra walking, so I walked over to Target after the workout and then walked out with a big package of toilet paper. Heh.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:39 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

I am procrastinating in the worst kind of way right now. I have a huge stack of essay finals that need to be graded by 3 tomorrow. And I have been on the computer looking up Mark Twain quotes. I am a dork.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote