Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #1  
bow chicka wow wow

S/C/G: 240/183/135-140

Height: 5'7"

Default Kind of OT but still weight related

I remember this one time back in grade school, I think it was 7th or 8th grade (I'm 21) and I was sitting with the girls in my grade (there was 4 of us) and we were talking about our wrist bones, you know the one that feels like a little ball on the side of your wrist and I remember everyone talking about how theirs protruded out and was really noticeable and everyone was feeling each others and I remember feeling mine and thinking about how I couldn't feel it as well as everyone else's (I was overweight as a kid too) and it made me feel bad because I was bigger than everyone else and didn't have a cute wrist bone that stuck out. I remember asking my friend Meagan to find it and she had a hard time cause my wrist was so chubby.

I thought about that tonight and felt my little wrist bone and wow...I can really feel it! It's really bony now!

It's pretty silly now but it's one of those fat moments you never forget.

I want to hear about everyone else's fat moments. lol

Last edited by deathnotronic; 12-17-2008 at 09:21 PM.
deathnotronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:31 PM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Yea for bones! Good for you!

I remember in kindergarten, (I'm 43) and standing in line with my classmates waiting for school pictures. We all had our cute little dresses and matching tights on and I clearly remember thinking how much bigger my legs were than the other girls. It was the first time, (at age 5) that I realized I was fat.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 12-17-2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: grammer
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:45 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

MINE'S A HAPPY STORY, really ~ In grade 8, I won the all-round, all-girls, sit-up competition over all the rest of my class. Even though, at only 99lbs, I was supposedly the chubbiest girl in my class (really I was just short). So then, I had to go against the boy who won the all-male class: I lost by only one sit-up, but I think he was just being kind.

It was a shining moment for me; and my teacher hoped it was a big, learning lesson for our whole class. Things aren't always as they appear! My fellow, female classmates thought that I weighed more than them; but actually, I weighed less. They thought they were in better shape; but actually, I was the best! hehe!
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #4  
bow chicka wow wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
MINE'S A HAPPY STORY, really ~ In grade 8, I won the all-round, all-girls, sit-up competition over all the rest of my class. Even though, at only 99lbs, I was supposedly the chubbiest girl in my class (really I was just short). So then, I had to go against the boy who won the all-male class: I lost by only one sit-up, but I think he was just being kind.

It was a shining moment for me; and my teacher hoped it was a big, learning lesson for our whole class. Things aren't always as they appear! My fellow, female classmates thought that I weighed more than them; but actually, I weighed less. They thought they were in better shape; but actually, I was the best! hehe!
I think 8th grade girls are the worst lol
Old 12-18-2008, 12:17 AM   #5  
taco salad

S/C/G: 191/145/130

Height: 5'2

Ahh, this one is kind of silly.

Back in my 'gothy' days at school (you know, wearing black, hating the world ect..) I think i was in the 9th grade? I remember standing next to these stairs with my friends and watching as the this chick, who i thought was so awesome at the time, walked towards us. She was probably an 11th grader i think..
She came up, put her arm around her boyfriends neck and looked at me and said, "Don't you know fat people can't be goth?"

At the time, it was a downright insult because one, i was chubby, and two I treasured my 'Goth' state like nothing else. She was 'goth' herself, i remember, and she was about 100lbs.

I was so hurt. But it's okay cuz i ended up having that chicks boyfriend and her hating me for it.

So eh..win/lose. whatever. <3
CassyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:24 AM   #6  
bow chicka wow wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassyCat View Post
Ahh, this one is kind of silly.

Back in my 'gothy' days at school (you know, wearing black, hating the world ect..) I think i was in the 9th grade? I remember standing next to these stairs with my friends and watching as the this chick, who i thought was so awesome at the time, walked towards us. She was probably an 11th grader i think..
She came up, put her arm around her boyfriends neck and looked at me and said, "Don't you know fat people can't be goth?"

At the time, it was a downright insult because one, i was chubby, and two I treasured my 'Goth' state like nothing else. She was 'goth' herself, i remember, and she was about 100lbs.

I was so hurt. But it's okay cuz i ended up having that chicks boyfriend and her hating me for it.

So eh..win/lose. whatever. <3
HAHAHAAHA! That, my friend is an EPIC WIN!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #7  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

At the end of eight grade I weighed 220 lbs, and my doctor prescribed amphetemine diet pills (I'd been on dozens of diets since age 5). The summer between 8th grade and high school I lost a lot of weight, and entered High School around 175 lbs (it took over a year and a half to lose the next 20 lbs). But I was in study hall, and one of the uberpopular girls (too good to talk to anyone "in public" other than her inner circle), came over and started chatting about how wonderful I looked (I sort of half expected it to be some twisted prank).

I was never in the bottom tier of popularity, I guess because I always had the social and self-protective skills to be funny and charming and (at least on the surface) impervious to insults (and likely to come back with some pretty snappy ones myself), but I was also never in the top tier - the high school equivalent of A-list celebrities. I felt cool, because a couple of my friends where B-listers or even friends of A-listers - "cool by association." I was even invited (never by the host, of course) to a few "cool" parties, where it was obvious that I was a tag along of someone who probably was barely invited herself.

The parallels with Hollywood and High School are silly, aren't they? Even at the time, I scoffed at it and yet I was very flattered when one of those high school "celebrities" paid attention to me - although I can't remember her face or her name - just her pink sweater (retro angora sweaters were cool that year) and blond hair.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote