General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #1  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Desert Snow Storm

I live in the desert and we are lucky to get 5" of precipitation a year. Occasionally (about once every 4-5 years) it comes in the form of snow.

Currently we have about 3" and they are expecting this to continue until tomorrow morning. The sad thing is Mack is stuck down the hill because the Cajon Pass is closed. There are two alternate routes but that would take hours and they are across the mountain which will probably close any minute if it's not closed already. The last place I want Mack stuck is up on the mountain road. Guess I will be enjoying this alone tonight

Apprently I can't post links yet so if you are interested in seeing pictures you'll have to do a a search on WebShots for MackNCAT.
CruiseCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Ok, I searched you in Webshots (I'd never heard of them, I use photobucket). Anyway, I love your dogs!!! Do you foster?

Great shots of the snow. So sorry hubby can't make it home tonight.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #3  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I couldn't find them. Those were some frightening fire pics. I love the kitties!

Be safe, Mack.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #4  
Eat Less Move More

lol... do I foster??? Yep, I'm a crazy dog person. How many people in their right mind do you know that have five dogs? The five in our care now we are permanent guardians of but we have had as many as 12 here at one time; eight being orphaned pups. Hogan is one of those pups. Scooter is also a foster failure. All came out of rescue.

As for not being able to see the snow album if while viewing one of the other pictures you click on our screen name (MackNCAT) upper left you can then click on albums and it will bring all our albums up.

The fire was from 2003; yes a very scary time not long after moving to California from Virginia.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #5  
Eat Less Move More

OK... let me see if I can post the link now that I have 25 post.

http://news.webshots.com/album/569262205STWoXA
Old 12-17-2008, 10:23 PM   #6  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I had 2 guys stuck on the Cajon Pass today.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #7  
Eat Less Move More

Total snow here was about 8-10".

Vegas even got 3".
Old 12-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #8  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Oh how sweet! The dogs are totally into that snow!!!
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #9  

What kind of dogs are the brindles? They look like Catahoula Leopard Dogs. And your dudley lab is adorable (I have two labs myself).

We finally ended the storm at a record breaking 1.57 inches of rain. It broke a record set in 1940. I think they said we had more rain this week than in the last 12 months combined. But, well, that's the desert for you!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #10  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I love the one jumping!
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #11  
Eat Less Move More

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
What kind of dogs are the brindles? They look like Catahoula Leopard Dogs. And your dudley lab is adorable (I have two labs myself).
Tyra is a great dane, Tucker a dane/lab mix with epilepsy, HD, and severe allergies, Scooter we call a Australian Sheppard mix, and Luke a greyhound mix.

Hogan is my first lab, let me rephrase that my husband's lab. Truth be told I really did not want a fifth dog but after hand raising them from day two I gave in. I have a good friend that is the lab person, currently she has three so I know their temperament. I like to give her a hard time and say that it's just her dogs but the fact of the matter is Labs can be stubborn and puppy like longer than other breeds. Hogan is adorable and I just love his little liver colored nose. And that sad puppy look that he has had since day one just makes me smile within seconds after thinking I could kill him. I have trained many dogs and Hogan is just different; stubborn beyond belief.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #12  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i love your shot of the snow and the palm tree.

we're getting a bunch of snow here in eugene, or - and it's not exactly typical for us either. people are all - confused.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #13  

I'm surprised. My labs aren't stubborn. Well, the older, rescued one was, maybe he still is but I overlook it since he's so old (probably 14 or 15 years old now). My younger one I really can't call stubborn. He's definitely my "heart" dog. Prior to him we had a Golden Retriever who lived to 15 1/2 years old. It was hard to see her go.

Oh, I love Great Danes! My brother's neighbor has two and they are so majestic! It's so sad they don't live as long due to their size.

I can imagine it's interesting with five large dogs. I "know" people on other forums that have up to 9 labs! That's a lot of dog food (and cleaning up afterwards!).