WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 12-16-2008, 02:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 85/84/70

Default Weight Watchers Help Needed

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and I need some help getting on track.

I need to lose 19 kgs/ 42 lbs. I just can't seem to get down to eating properly. I am always making excuses and overeating! I need to get motivated.

I am also not good with setting a menu for myself. I need some help putting it all together with the everyday foods I eat.

I was thinking perhaps I need to take something to curb my appetite, anyone know of anything good and natural?
laaiqahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:44 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I don't know if I will be much help, but I can relate to not being great at menu planning.
First the 'everyday foods' that you eat for menu planning...well...since I don't know what they are and in what quantity can I say without sounding awful? isn't that the reason you want to lose 19kgs? eating foods that were not helpful?
Anyway to move on, since I was no good at planning, I went to the recipe section here and picked out all the dishes that I thought I would like. Then I went shopping and tried every one of them, then picked the ones I could make easily and thought I could eat on a reg basis then planned my week around that

hope it helps
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Can you help us by letting us know the kinds of things you usually eat? Do you work a job that dictates your eating schedule, or are you free to eat when you become hungry? Think about your reasons for wanting to lose the weight. I find focusing on my reasons helps to strengthen my commitment.

As for supplements, I confident you can do this without them There is a good sub forum here at 3FC called "does it work?" where you can read about just about any supplement or diet "quick fix" that has been marketed.

Welcome to 3FC and good luck!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #4  

Thanks so much for the welcomes, I should have included a bit of a background....

I picked up an enormous amount of weight during my pregnancy, the day of my c-section in April 2008 I weighed a whopping 100kgs! Before my pregnancy I weighed about 70kgs (that was after I was on a fertilty drug) before that I weighed 65kgs.

I now weigh 84kgs and I am struggling! I feel like a stranger in my own body. My beautiful daughter is almost 8 months now.

I went for a thyroid test and its all normal. My hormones are still all over the place and my gynae said it will stabilise.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #5  

so what do i want to eat...

Bfast: Cereal, Milk, Toast, Herbal Tea
Lunch: Tuna/Chicken Salad or Sarmies
Dinner: Pasta or something with rice
Snacks: Fruit

I find it difficult translating that into the points. I guess I just need to sit down with my team leader and work it out.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:07 PM   #6  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

The Weight Watchers materials should help, too. They have a couple of pages of sample menus. I'd agree with what Jaime said, and I think it's WW's approach to learn to deal with food and not use any quick weight loss approach. I think it's one of the hardest things to adapt to -- it certainly has been for me -- but it will NOT work to lose weight quickly so one can go back to eating carelessly. WW tries to retrain us to deal with food realistically -- allow for treats, but focus on good foods. Try it -- it works!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #7  

That looks like an awful lot of carbs and not enough protein. You'd be better off having a boiled egg with the cereal at breakfast instead of toast. What about fruit, veggies and dairy? Where's your good oils? When planning my daily menus, first I fill in the 9 Healthy Guidelines and dinner, then I fill in the rest of the day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:34 AM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Gonna ditto Quilter on this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
What about fruit, veggies and dairy? Where's your good oils? When planning my daily menus, first I fill in the 9 Healthy Guidelines and dinner, then I fill in the rest of the day.
If I ate that little food I'd be starving and craving.

Here is a typical day for me:

Breakfast:
Egg, Ham and Cheese Kelly'wich (whole grain 1 point English Muffin, 1 whole egg or Egg Beaters, lean ham and 2% Am cheese, an 1 tsp of canola oil to make it in) w/1 cup skim millk

Midmorning Snack:
Fruit

Lunch:
LeanMeat&cheese sandwich (low calorie whole wheat bread, lean lunch meat or left over lean meat from a dinner, 2%Cheese, lettuce, tomato and lowfat Miracle Whip); salad w/either low fat salad dressing sometimes with 1 tsp canola or olive oil or salsa w/1 tsp of the oil); pudding or yogurt; maybe a few crackers

Midafternoon Snack:
Popcorn or Fruit or some zero point veggies

Dinner:
3-6 oz lean meat; 2-3 cups zero point veggies; 3 points of a starch - pasta, potatoes or rice --- using an oil if I didn't use it at lunch

Evening Snack:
Really depends on how many points I've used during the day and if I have any weekly and/or actvity points avail.
Kelly_S is offline   Reply With Quote