Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 10:01 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Angry Thursday Chatters

It's a new week in August and time for a new "Chatters."

All those who weigh in on Thursday, come join this group. Of course, many of us aren't Thursday weighers anymore. If you like what you read, please post here.

Tammy and Susan, did y'all have good first days at school?

Kady, when does your school begin?

Dee, How does your daughter like her class this year?

Sis, I hope your mother and brother get better soon. My prayers are with you--always.

My father-in-law has been with us since Thursday night. He leaves to go home in the morning. Needless to say, I'm wiped out!!!! And, I am sure I've gained a couple of pounds. After he leaves in the morning, I'm starting back exercising.
Susan, how is your exercising going? Are you still enjoying it?

Hope everyone had a good Monday.
Let's hear from everyone, okay!

Tina
145 personal goal (someday)
Old 08-20-2002, 12:05 AM   #2  
Thursday Team

My kid hates school and home work... and so do I unfortunately! We just had our 1st homework battle, and needless to say... she is taking it to school in the morning not done. Nothing new there though. I think homework should be illegal. If I wanted to home school I would, but I dont want to... Im sure the teachers on here will have a different view then me, but that's ok. Ok I'm done complaining for now *S*.

Tina was your father in law just visiting you this week? Having house guests can really tire a person out... hope you get plenty of rest in the next day or so.

On the brighter side... I get to go pick up some new furniture tomorrow... now where to put it as I didnt get rid of the old as I had planned to.. LOL. Guess I can just stack it on top of each other. What else is new... I made another appt with the Doc. gonna go next week and get a cortison shot for my heel spur.. as it seems to only get worse... that should be funnnnn...

Hope everyone had a good day... it can only get better as the Monday Morning Blues are history!! *S* Have a good Tuesday!!!
Dee
Old 08-20-2002, 06:47 PM   #3  

Tina, my first day with students isn't until next Monday. We have a teacher's work day this Friday. I've been going into the room just getting it ready since we won't have time to "work" on our work day because of meetings.

Dee, what grade is your child in? I can't keep up with everyone. My 2nd graders have very little homework during the year. I teach math so my longterm assignment for them is to practice addition and subtraction facts for a while each day if possible. The reading teacher wants them to read each night. Later in the year, I will start sending home a weekly review sheet on Monday that is due on Thursday for math. Since the upper grades give more homework, the 2nd half of 2nd grade I start to get them prepared for that.

Worked at the band booster tent at the fair today, and I'm also working in the morning. 3 people didn't show up, so we ended up staying longer than we had planned. Hated to leave the others without help.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:34 PM   #4  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,

Dee, my father-in-law left today. He'd been with us since last Thursday evening. I cleaned bathrooms today and washed some clothes. Other than those two things, I did rest.

Kady, I imagine getting back to school will help with the weight loss. You won't have time to think about being hungry.

Tammy, Sorry I was a week ahead on you going back to school. I completely forgot about the fair. My mind has been a little busy keep my "fil" happy and busy.

I stepped on my scales this morning---- bad move-----
Tomorrow I start eating lots of 0 pt. veggie soup.

Susan, how are you doing?????

Tina
Old 08-21-2002, 11:53 PM   #5  
Thursday Team

Tammy, my daughter is in 3rd this year. The 1st 2 days of school she didnt have homework, but the next 3 days she has. The school sends homework home every night except Fri at this point. Last yr in 2nd grade she had 1 to 3 papers each night. Last night and tonight she did her work with out much complaint ... it was easy, no thinking involved.

Tina, glad you got a little rest the other day. I bet them scales were just having a bad day, is why they didnt say what you wanted them too *S*

Here's a cute smiley... :hypno: now we can all hypnotize ourselves into being OP daily!! LOL..... think it will work?
Hope ya all have a great Thurs... its down hill from here this week... good luck to any one w/i this week still...
Dee
Old 08-23-2002, 12:16 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Lightbulb

It's Friday and I'm soooo glad It's time to sleep late and enjoy being with my husband. He's planning on working outside around our house. Maybe I'll just go from room to room and look out at him. There are still too many mosquitoes outside.

Does anyone have any plans for the weekend?
We will probably go to the movies. I've been wanting to see Signs. That should scare some pounds off of me.

Exercise-----how is everyone doing? Yesterday and today I walked one mile (each day). I'm sooooo proud of myself. If I keep that up, surely my thighs and hips will slowly reduce themselves.
Don't y'all just love the new smiles!

Have a great day,
Tina
Old 08-24-2002, 11:38 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Hi everyone! It's sure quiet around here!!! Since we don't get e-mails when people write, it's hard to keep up with things.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Tina
Old 08-25-2002, 03:21 PM   #8  
Susan

Hi everyone,

Ok, I feel like a stranger here since they switched servers. I've been horrible about checking to see if anyone posted. I sure hope that they will send out emails when someone posts.

School is off with a bang!! This entire week, I've been running basically at school. I still exercised 3 times this week too. I plan to keep that up!!!

Have you checked out all of the new smilies. There are now 101 of them. Cool

It actually looks like rain out there!! I sure hope it does because everything is getting nice and brown!

I'll do better about posting. If I don't do if for several days.. someone email and tell me to do it.

Have a great week
Susan
Old 08-25-2002, 03:25 PM   #9  
Susan

Hey Look Everyone... look at the very bottom of the page.... you can subscribe to the thread. Let see if it works
Susan
Old 08-25-2002, 08:16 PM   #10  

Hi all! Sorry I haven't written for a few days. Busy working in my classroom, running Tim places, chaperoning the band again, going to cross country meets, etc.

School starts tomorrow. Oh boy! This is my 26th year of teaching. Hard to believe. It is supposed to be cooler this week, so that will be a blessing.

Not sure when Carol and I will start our after school walking. Hope not this week. I think I'll come home every day and take a nap! lol

Still up and down with the weight. Clothes are fitting better, so I'm taking that as a good sign.
Have a good week everyone!
Old 08-25-2002, 10:19 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Susan, I thought I was subscribed to our threads. Maybe that's why I'm not getting any e-mails. We'll see what happens now. Glad school is going well for you. Keep up the good work of exercising.

Tammy, I was thinking about you today. I know you get nervous the first day of school. You will do fine, as always. No, no, no, don't start walking until it's cool enough.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. I will try to write more often, too.

Tina
Old 08-26-2002, 12:03 AM   #12  
Thursday Team

I had to subscribe to this thread tonight... guess with the new server and all it unsubscribed us... WOW there are lots of new smilies... they're all cute, but just looking at them I'm not sure how I could use some of em in a sentence, so I'll just have to throw :tomato: them in where ever!

Hey Tammy, good luck on your first day back at school... you'll do great... think of it this way, the kids will all be the same, just the names are changed to protect the innocence

Way to go Susan on keeping your excercise up!! Sounds like your having fun at school, even with all the running you have to do.

Tina did you get to go to the movies and watch Signs the other day? It looks scarey on the previews, not something I'd take my kid to see... not sure I'd take me to see it either

Well I have a fun and exciting day planned tomorrow or not... LOL. I'm gonna go and get a cortisone shot in my foot, cause that heel spur is still killing me..ouchy!! Nothing has worked to make it go away. I did get a pair of birks, and they help some, but they make my arch sore, and rub blisters on my arch...LOL I can't win for loosing here. So its shot time again. Had one in Jan..and it helps for a while...told you I was gonna have fun!!

Well have a good day tomorrow everyone!! Dee
Old 08-26-2002, 10:25 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Well, it's Monday-- --We'd better stay away from this burger. At least, I better keep away from it.

Dee, I'll be thinking about you getting that shot today. Yuk!! I hope it helps your foot/heel.

Okay friends, I'm still not being notified that we have replies. Guess I'll contact Suzanne and see what's up. I'll let y'all know what she says.

I'm definitely not "with it" today. I must get myself in gear. I know what it is, I slept later this morning and just don't have that "zip" to get moving. Cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen should work, don't you think!

Everyone stay OP today.
Tina
Old 08-26-2002, 06:12 PM   #14  

Oh Dee! I'm so sorry that you have to get the cortisone shot. I said I would suffer before I'd get another one. Also sorry that the birks didn't work for you. Those saved me.

I woke up at 5:00 this morning with bad cramps. I took some medicine and made it through the first day without too many problems. Maybe my weight will be down on Thursday since I've started. Hope so. Would you believe that for the first time in my teaching career, I wasn't nervous? I think the cramps covered up the nervousness!!!! lol

Both groups of students seemed pretty good today. I have a few chatterboxes, but for the most part I think they'll be ok. I did see some pretty nasty printing. I think I know what we'll be working on quite a bit!!!

I know I do not plan to be up late tonight. Pooed out. We're heading to Wal Mart right now to get supplies for Tim. He doesn't need much.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:55 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Evening all,

Tammy, I'm glad the first day went well. Sorry about the cramps but maybe they did keep you from being nervous.
I kind of miss buying school supplies, even after all these years.

Our son is going to move from a 1 bedroom apt to a 2 bedroom one. He has so much stuff that he needs more room. I'm having a very hard time not "helping" him decorate. He has said that I can buy and put up curtains/drapes. In the apt. he's been in for four years, the only curtains are in his bedroom. He has mini-blinds furnished by the management----that's all he wanted up. Hmm....... If only-----I have so many ideas.

I've contacted Suzanne about us not receiving e-mail notification. She's looking into it. She said a few people are getting notified. I'll keep us posted.

Tina
145 personal goal
Closed Thread