Old 12-16-2008, 07:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat Dec 16th

Good morning ladies!

Yet again, it's been awhile since I've been on...at least 2 weeks I think.

My french course is finally over! YAY!

I had my written test last Wednesday and I passed with 70%. It was a bit more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I spoke with the professor about it and even she said it was a tad harder than she would have liked. She has no control over it though...she couldn't write it...it's a standard test for the class.

I did my oral exam last night and I think it went extremely well. I think I received at least 80-85% on it!

It is so nice to finally have my life back...so to speak!

We have a bus strike going on here, so I'm having to carpool with people and work 6-2 instead of 8-4. It's totally brutal!

I haven't been behaving myself at all....I've been maintaining but I haven't lost any additional weight. It's gotta start coming off again. I'm heading back to the gym this week!

We're also getting our puppy at the end of the month...so I'll have another reason to get outside walking at least twice a day! WOOT! I can't wait...I'm so excited!

Well ladies...I can't wait to catch up with all of you and see what's been happening in your lives!

Cheers!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hey everyone!!

Lauren... the basement has been flooding since we moved in 10 years ago. It's two different problems. The first is a drainage issue. When it rains hard, the water runs down the side of the house and permeates into the basement. New gutters will help but we would actually need to regrade our property to completely solve the problem on that aspect. The other problem is that we have a backflow problem due to a broken lateral pipe on our property. When the pipe backs up, the downstairs toilet overflows... it's disgusting but is usually clean water. We are looking into a quote to get a new pipe (prolly $5k or so) which is why we've waited so long. There is a new trenchless drain that we are going to look into.

My son wants his room to be down there but I just can't have him down there with it flooding all the time... plus I worry about mold.

RC - I hate the dentist too but I hate pain more. I had a root canal over the summer and survived. I'm not so scared now... it kind of helped me realize that I can handle it. Good luck!!

Wifey - I hear ya about not behaving... We made xmas cookies all day Sunday... and I ate them all day yesterday. Every time I walked by the bowl, I ate one. Now I feel like if I even look at one, I'm gonna hurl so I guess something good came out of it!! LOL My jeans are finally fitting and I don't want to mess that up so NO MORE COOKIES!!!

So I'm working today. I had off yesterday (hence the cookie bowl problem) and spent all morning on the phone making MD appointments for me and the kids... mammogram (that's me) and dentists and eye appts... then I spent all afternoon wrapping. I have to run in Target (which is right next to my work) to pick up a Fall Out Boy CD for my daughter that gets released today before going to work so I was up extra early this morning.

Hope everyone has a great day!! And god help any customer who pisses me off today... I'm on a sugar high...

poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

Good morning all.

I have an interview this AM at the Target that Val was just talking aobut. Gonna see what they're looking for. After that I'm off to the school district to drop off my resume & see what's up there...I'd love to get in there to have summers off with the kiddos. We'll see.

Val, hope it's a goo dday at work for you!!

Ranger, hope the tooth feels better soon...that's no fun. I used to do yoga a lot, been thinking of getting back to it. Try renting a tape or two. Anything with Rodney Yee is good, just make sure it's for beginners.

Wifey, hope the bus situation works out fo ya!!! Good for you for getting back to the gym.

Okay, gotta go wake up DH to remind him of the procedure to pick up Cady from KDG. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:55 AM   #4  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Mornin' Everyone...

Both kiddos are sick, so we've stayed home. Done nothing. NOTHING. I tried to do something yesterday, but had one if not both of them clinging to me, so I just gave up and said today would be a wash. Good thing they both seem to be in better spirits today , so I may just get some things done. I am hoping both take a nap, so I can get even more done.
Doubt I'll be going to the gym today, but if I can clean, clean clean I am sure to sizzle off some calories. He-he-he.

Well off to make me some coffee, I so need it . More personals later.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #5  

Pam... good luck at the interview. I think I will look into our school district too... or be a bus driver!! LOL

BBB is a good job but right now with the holidays, it's a bit exhausting. Let me know how the interview goes!!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/250/150

Hello,

Can I join?
I meet the criteria
Macomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:49 AM   #7  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Morning everyone!

Macomom, WELCOME! Join right in!

Pear, good luck with getting them to take a nap at the same time! I'm sure you could use a break yourself.

Pam, good luck today. I would do no good working at Target, I would spend my whole paycheck there. I also looked into the school district here, ever since the first of the year though there have been 0 vacancies except for some IT job I think they finally filled. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Valerie, I know you must be kidding about the bus driving? Sometimes its good to eat something till you never want to see it again!!!! Have a good day at work!

Wifey, good to see you, congrats on finishing up on the French class!

Not alot going on here. Still trying to finish up Shopping. I have plumbing issues too. My kitchen sink has had a clog going on 2 months at least. I asked DH, please, please let me call a plumber. No, he's gonna fix it himself, still waiting..... Mean while still waiting for both sides of the sink to drain from this mornings dishes. I'm sure its not as bad as the basement flooding but still very aggravating.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #8  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Morning Chicks! Whew... I hope house work counts for exercise. I just cleaned my room from top to bottom. I even moved the bed and cleaned under it. We have hardwood floors and it gets unbelievably dirty under there. Then I dusted every surface. I will be sneezing for the rest of the day. I also cleaned my sons room and vacuumed both kids rooms. I need a nap!! LOL.

Alex is currently grounded from ALL of his toys because he cannot quit talking in school. I've had to tell him to put a toy down about 5 times this AM. I feel so bad doing it, but the boy has to BE QUIET!! Any advice from the moms out there?

Wifey: Cool on the French classes! I hope you did as well as you think (or even better) on the oral exam. Good luck with the puppy. I want a dog but DH is against it right now.

Poppy: Yikes on the basement flooding. I'd be worried about mold too. That stuff can be awful. Going to dentist is the stuff of nightmares for me. You must be one brave woman!

Pam: Good luck with the job search. My plan is to be a sub once Cass is in school full time. There's a course you can take at the community college and then you get certified. That way I can have the same holidays as the kids.

Pear: Hope the kiddos are feeling better soon! It's so hard to get anything done when they are clingy. I'm actually sitting at the table to post so mine will stay off me!

Macomom: Jump right on in!!

Lois: Oh yuck, I hope you get your plumbing issue fixed! Have you tried draino? We've had problems with a sluggish tub drain and that stuffed worked.

I'm done with my Christmas shopping except for Cassie's stocking. It seems Alex is always with me when I find something good so I can't get it!! I've decided what to get, I just have to go without the boy.

Have a great day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:04 PM   #9  
Chocoholic!

S/C/G: 89 kg/87 kg/ 69,9 kg

Height: 180 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey View Post
We're also getting our puppy at the end of the month...so I'll have another reason to get outside walking at least twice a day! WOOT! I can't wait...I'm so excited!
Hi, I'm new here, but I just wanted to say that I'm so excited for you! I'm a big doglover myself and I have a dog, too. What kind of dog are you getting? It's true, you do get so much more exercise if you have a dog, and you are motivated even when the weather is not nice.

This is my dog Frieda:

I'll also post a picture of myself one of these days. I just don't have one on my computer right now.

Last edited by KT75; 12-16-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: add something
KT75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #10  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Hey, everybody. MIA for a couple days. Remember me saying something about hoping to be committed? Guess I'm still hoping...although, I'm not doing too bad with eating.....the weight just comes off ever-so-slowly!! Why, oh why does it seem to find my behind so much quicker than it likes to leave it??? Anyone have any great words of wisdom on the matter??

Not much time to talk....about to leave to go get my son from school...should be leaving now. Just wanted to pop in and see if everyone else is as busy as meeeeeee!! Stay strong, everyone! It's a tough time of year for weight loss......

Gotta run for now!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #11  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

OK, so this one dentist I saw today was horrible. The staff was really nice, but he was a big idiot. He told me that I need like $18,000 worth of work done on my mouth. When I told him that I would like to take care of things in order of importance due to my not having a job and all, he said "well, I don't feel sorry for you" (in reference to all my problems because I haven't been to the dentist in like eight years). Yeah, he was a real winner. Going to see my parents dentist in the morning for another opinion on what needs to be done. I realize that I have a lot to work on, but surely it can be done gradually as I can afford it.

On a good front, discovered a 30 day pass to 24Hour Fitness in one of my Biggest Loser dvds and I'm going to head over to the one 30 min away and start working out there tomorrow. Can't wait.

Didn't work out today since I spent over 3 hours of my afternoon in the dentist's office. Not fun. Going to really workout extra tomorrow.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:32 PM   #12  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey everyone, I just put together a quick progress pic. I'm sort of amazed at the difference in myself since September. Can't wait to work harder to get things even hotter!

Last edited by RangerChic; 12-16-2008 at 09:33 PM.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:37 PM   #13  

RC... I hate when doctors act like that. You don't have to put up with that. They are good dentists out there.

Welcome to the new people!! Glad to have you here!!!

I'm so tired.... BL is on and then I'm hitting the hay...

Nite!!!
Old 12-16-2008, 09:38 PM   #14  

Nice pics RC!!! Congrats on all of your hard work!!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:46 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

KT75 - Your dog is adorable. I love the dog look she is giving. I love dogs too. We just got a pug puppy a couple of weeks ago and so we are in the midst of potty training and all of that fun stuff.

RangerChic - You are doing so well. I am going to have to use your success as inspiration because I am falling off the wagon and I keep getting run over by it. All of the Christmas goodies at work are driving me insane.

It finally feels like winter here. We got some rain and even a little hail. I need to be running, but I am not. bummer.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote