Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-12-2008, 05:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Since Saturday and Sunday Support worked last week ...

Let's do it again.

I'm starting this morning because we have our first dinner of the season tonight. It's a house party. I will not sit beside the candy dish!

I usually gobble my food so that I can talk. I should try setting my fork down, chewing thoroughly and listening. Sure, I'll let you know how that turns out.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/158.5/145

Height: 6'1

Weekends = diet death for me.

I want to try realllly hard this weekend to not blow all the hard work I put in this week... which is especially hard to do after drinking two bottles of wine. which I intend to drink tonight. MUST. NOT. EAT. HOUSE. AFTER.

We can do it!
macomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #3  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

Ahhh the weekends are so hard for me! I'm a rather social person and seem to have something going on from the time I leave work on Friday until Sunday night. Naturally, these events tend to revolve around food. It's kinda like an alcoholic spending the whole weekend at the bar. So this weekend I've tried to plan some different things. I'm working out after work today and then eating dinner at HOME. These are two things I don't usually do on Fridays. Hopefully that will help to get the weekend started off right! Good luck, chickies!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 09:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Weekends are hard for me too. I tend to cook more for my family and especially with the holidays here, there are yummy nibbles around. I need to make the commitment to double my workouts on Sat and Sun. That way, I will have more flexibility when I am eating those days.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:08 AM   #5  
No description available.

Very helpful thread last week.

I do have some calorie landmines this weekend. First was a holiday breakfast with all the midwives and docs. I came through that well.

Sunday will be a church potluck for lunch and a Christmas party for dinner. I'll bring something POP for the potluck and make good choices for dinner.

Exercise will be on plan.

Go us!!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #6  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

well i guess im the odd one out here... weekends are easy for me, im workign all weekend... so i guess the only tough bit is getting my exercise right.
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

BIG CHALLENGE SATURDAY NIGHT - BIG.

A huge holiday party with music, alcohol and lots and lots and did I mention - LOTS of food.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

My sin has been going to movies to relax and pigging out on movie popcorn and candy. So this time I'll do what I read even Jackie O did, sneak my own popcorn into the movie if I go, along with an apple and "if" I splurge peanut or almond m&m's. I had a relapse night where I pigged out on pizza and wine several days ago. NOT going to do that, actually I made a pact with myself of NO more cheats until I get back to the 170s, then "maybe" one cheat meal a week until I get to 160s again! It's hard this time of year, I made cookies with my little boy, then plugged the calories into Calorie King and gosh, had no clue... I ate 1/4 of one that's all.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

I will agree, weekends are evil for me, now even more so with the holidays- it seems there is a party every weekend. Tonight is my staff christmas party. Lucky me, i already have seen the menu , and know what I am getting, spiced tomato soup as an appy, salmon from the "healthy choices" part of the menu. I also have my weigh in on Mondays , so that also helps me from over eating/drinking on the weekend.
hiimnatalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:01 PM   #10  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Weekends are

And this time my weekend started early, with a Christmas dinner at one of my jobs yesterday, and another one at my other job today... I can't even fathom how many calories I have eaten over the last two days.

So this weekend, instead of giving in, I am going to work extra hard to get back on track.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Thank you for doing another one! It did help! No special challenges yet. Except that I've had Diet Coke two days in a row now, not sure if that will affect my appetite. The TOM starvation torture might show up ...
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #12  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I'm in. But, no big plans this weekend. The parties start next week. It's just THE WEEKEND that causes the trouble. Of course, lately it's been THE WEEK that causes the trouble.

Or, is it me??
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #13  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

Well, Saturday I'm going to a little get together at a friends house. The good news is that they aren't going to be smoking any weed. Last party I did alright by not munching on anything there, but I don't like tempting myself. I'll probably bring a veggie tray or something so if they have munching goods I have mine too. lol. Then.. well sunday is actually an odd turn of chance I guess. There was this DREAMY guy that went to my school. I talked to him regularly when we were in the same class, and we were "friends" I guess, just in school though. Anyways, he graduated, and I never thought I would see him again, so I texted him saying "btw I think you're cute" and he asked me who it was (I guess he didn't save my number) and I said Kassie, then no reply. I thought he just wasn't interested and thought nothing of it because I did what I wanted to do. lol Well he calls me up today and says "Hey, whatsup? so what exactly were you trying to say last night? You want to go out sometime? What are you doing tonight?"..... well, we have plans for sunday. Not sure what we're doing yet but yeh... EXCITING!!! I only did it cuz he was gone!
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:17 PM   #14  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittycat40 View Post
I'm in. But, no big plans this weekend. The parties start next week. It's just THE WEEKEND that causes the trouble. Of course, lately it's been THE WEEK that causes the trouble.

Or, is it me??

Not just you Kittycat. Ever since Thanksgiving the WEEK has been tougher too.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I did OK last night. My friend made lovely chicken and a gorgeous vegetable dish. My problem was sitting around talking after dinner. I nervously nibbled gumdrops ... sigh.

My biggest problem yesterday was a bag of homemade nuts'n'bolts at work!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote