Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-13-2008, 11:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Unhappy Need some support...

So ...thanks for readin.

So I'm feeling pretty craptastic right now. Reason being I have this wonderful, loving fiance. He's pretty perfect actually... Cept when it comes to my loosing weight. I just don't feel like he takes it very seriously. He's always like 'you're obsessed with that site.' or ;You're working out too much.' Which might honestly be genuine concern but he just doesn't understand. He's never been more then 15 pounds overweight. I was 200 pounds over weight. I've always been heavy...and I now have Diabetes, Pancreantitis...PCOS...

I try to explain to him that if I don't drop this weight I'm going to die from this stuff. I'm only 22 years old for cryin out loud.

Am I overreacting? I mean I've been eating a very strict diet...clear broths, salads, turkey ...everything, egg beaters, fat free cheese, whole grain bread. Whole nine yards. And I work out 5 times a week, four times a week doing core body weight lifting. This is really important to me..I don't know what to do.
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on taking care of your health. There is nothing more important. Maybe you can get some information on diabetes from the Diabetes association or off the internet. If your boyfriend knows more about diabetes he may be more supportive.

Last edited by bargoo; 12-14-2008 at 12:28 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:58 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! I'm sure that if he knows more about diabetes and the other dangers of being overweight/obese he'll understand better.

But be sure that you're not trying to lose too quickly. Make sure you're getting the right amount of food for someone your size--an amount that still allows you to lose weight, while giving you enough nutrition. Good fats are OK in moderation. Whole eggs are OK, too. And lean protein of any kind, especially when actively exercising.

The same goes for working out. I'd say, don't overdo it. Weight loss and fitness isn't part of some race...

Good luck! you're doing well!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:54 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

You are not overreacting at all. At this point it is right that your health is your number one priority. Keep going forward as you've mentioned you've already experienced the consequences of being overweight and the lifestyle changes you have made are going to improve your health. It would be nice if your boyfriend was empathetic about your concerns because even when I don't understand or have never experienced what someone I love is going through the fact that its important to them makes it to me. However, whether or not your boyfriend ever comes around to understanding the risks you face, the important thing is that you clearly understand and are working very hard to do something about it, keep up the good work.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 365/270/160

Height: 5"11'

Thanks for your replies guys...it's appreciated. I went from a life of being single, not caring about about my health, and living alone to having a boyfriend, caring, and supporting a family. I think it just gets to me sometimes. I know deep down he cares, and I had a talk with him and just asked him to just support me in this.
TheTinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

TinGirl, I am also a bit obsessed with this site. I find that staying on my plan and making good choices is easier when I am strongly involved with 3FC. I am here everyday. I loathe days I don't have time to blog here. As women, we have the need to socialize, chat, discuss, etc. Many of my friends in real life have not made the choice and decision I have made in regards to my weight. I know what it's like to be the fat girl having unsolicited conversations shoved down my throat and refuse to do that to them. Here, I feel safe. Here, there are answers. Here, there is no shame. In some ways, 3FC has taken the place of my eating. 3FC is always here!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 03:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

In the end you have to do what you have to do. Maybe when he's giving you a hard time, just translate everything into ... "I love you and I want you to be happy, but I don't know how to say it" He can make any suggestions he wants, and you can always answer, "I'm so glad you care. It means a lot to me. What would really help me is XYZ. Would you do that?" Then, regardless, do what you need to do!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote