Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #1  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Red face Hi! Another new 40-something!

Hi everyone! I`ve been reading your posts for awhile now, and finally got around to registering myself. So-here I am.
I`m Terry. I am 43, been married forever, mom of 3, (2 in college), professional day trader, part time bookeeper, happy, and in the process of losing a big part of me.
I was a stay at home mom for over 20 yrs when hubby`s partner offered me a job in his office. Took it, love it, but man did sitting all day pack on the lbs! I was already overweight, but this went to extreme.
So- after whining and avoiding mirrors, I noticed one day that a gym opened across the street. Hard to come up with excuses when it`s that close.
So I joined the gym in the end of July.
4 months later I am down 41 lbs and counting. I joined a biggest loser contest 2 months ago, and hubby joined me then. (He`s down 24 lbs in 2 months- yay!) We have 2 months to go in the contest- and we are rocking!
I am exercising daily, watching what I eat, and staying as active as I can. I am so happy with my new attitude, and I havent felt so good in years!
I joined 3fc because, other than hubby, I really don`t have anyone to talk to about losing. I NEED pals! I need ppl to laugh with and share with.

So- here I am!
:P Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3fc's Terry!
This is a great place!!
I am about your age (41), also been married forever (21 years) and have 2 kids (one in college).
It is nice to finally put myself first after putting my kids first for so many years.
I feel better than I have in forever.
Congratulations on your amazing losses so far!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #3  

Welcome!
marytk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations on losing the 41 pounds. You are doing great. I just started and your post inspired me.
cheekiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #5  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Cheekie- That makes me so happy to hear- thank you!! You are going to do great- just hop in and do it.
Great to meet ya!
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 03:44 AM   #6  
novabsolute

S/C/G: 220/207/120

Height: 5.2

Default Bravo!

Good job on the weight loss. I cant wait till I can say the same. That is such a great motivator for you! I have been to 3fat chicks many times and I love it. I am 41 with three kids 17,8 and5! Married 21 years and have lost and gained so may times! I love feeling fit and slim it is a fabulous feeling. Good luck and keep on doin what your doin!
Kriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 153/151/139

Height: 5'4

Wishing you the best of luck. I am going to try and get on each day and read what others are doing. I keep thinking, "This is going to be my year to feel good in my own skin!"
Forme is offline   Reply With Quote