Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 09:52 PM   #1  

Talking

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Talk to you later. Love, G
Old 03-13-2001, 10:06 PM   #2  

Well, I can see this is not going to be easy. thought I could skip back and forth between threads, but so far, it's not working.

Guess I will wing it and try to remember what was on thread #42.

Sam, I was truly happy to hear from you and that all is well with the little one. Not much longer to go and you will be a Mom. Can't believe it has gone by so quickly for us - I'm sure not so for you. What is the baby's room like? I can feel your excitement from your post.

Judy, really good to hear that Cal is doing better.

CJ, where are you? I hesitated to post on the end of the old thread because I've done that before only to have you zap me. Looks like this time you must be up to something else.

CH, it sounds like you are back from your trip. How are you doing?

I am still having a hard time getting back onplan. Don't know what the problem is, but I hope all gets back to normal soon. Sometimes it is so easy - just feels natural to be onplan and other times - GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Let's all have a good day tomorrow. Love, G
Old 03-13-2001, 10:31 PM   #3  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Thank you Gail!

Thanks Gail for starting the new thread ... BRAT!!! hahaha

I was at Bingo trying to win some more moneys tonite ... no luck tho. But, look who I found posting on the wrong thread! hahaha - Carolyn!

So, I copied her posting from #41 to this one:

Quote:
Originally posted by CH
Hello Ladies, Someday soon I must take the time to find a picture and do some of those cute things you are all doing on this site. Lately I feel lucky to find time to even post.
I am still with WW and am very pleased that it is so easy to keep up with. I didn't make tonight's meeting because of another meeting but I feel I have lost so maybe next week I'll have a bigger lost. Wish I had started this thing a long time ago. This makes it very easy to eat out, which I've done a lot of lately.
Several of you are having big losses and I am so happy for you. With the weather a little better maybe we all feel like moving a little more.
Everyone have a great week, I have to many things to do before I can go to bed so I will sign off now and be back soon.
Carolyn
I'll check in with you guys tomorrow!

Love, CJ
Old 03-13-2001, 10:49 PM   #4  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default Do you realize?

Do you all realize that now our threads do not hold 30 posts? The 30th post goes onto page 2. What say we quit on the 29th post??? Let me know what you think, ok?

Love, CJ
Old 03-14-2001, 07:53 AM   #5  

Good Mornin'......

Gail is a BRAT,BRAT & BRAT!!!! LOL!! That was so funny....I came from bowling last night and saw where CJ had posted and then saw where you jumped right in there and started a new one!! YOU GO GIRL!! (Luv Ya CJ!!!!)

I'm about to leave for work but wanted to ask ya'll something VERY IMPORTANT!! Have you heard about the report on "ASPARTAME".......It's found in no-fat foods AND diet coke!! It's so bad for you!! It's too long to post BUT if you want a copy please e-mail me:[email protected] will totally shock you!

OK...gotta run...
Luv ya'll
Sherry (Sher-Bear)
Old 03-14-2001, 05:11 PM   #6  
Loser:)

Default I'm feeling so good:)

Hello ladies Ah it's such a wonderful day. Kinda quiet in here though. I just got back from weigh-in and lost 4.6 lbs this week bringing my total to 102.8 lbs gone for good And only 86 to go. It's still a long way to go but it sure does sound better that 188 to go.

Gail, Brat,Brat brat Can't believe you snuck in there and got to start the new thread. You'll get back on track just do it 1 day at a time.

Sam, Not to long now, you must be so excited

Sherry, If you can could you send me that info? My e-mail is [email protected]

CH, I just love weight watchers, I even ate out at chinese this week. I figure there's nothing I can't have as long as I plan for it

CJ, did you say you're gonna have 3 grandbabies this yr? They're so much fun

Well ladies I better run and get my exercise for the day.
Have a super day everyone

Bernice
334/231.2/145
Today is day 8 OP
Old 03-14-2001, 07:28 PM   #7  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Default Hi everybody....

Bernice---WOW, WAY TO GO!! Looking good and feeling better....102.8lb lost, truly and inspiration!!

Been having a good week so far, drinking a tonne of water and making very healthy food choices. (this is the name of the game for me).......and finally I 'understand' the relationship of food for my body. I finally "get it". Another lightbulb moment....I don't HAVE to eat bad food choices, they are a choice. I can choose to eat them or not. If I do eat them, it does not make me a bad person. This is truly a learning experience for me... both physically and mentally.
I went shopping this morning before work and I picked up a few cute t-shirts....and I couldn't believe an XL!!!
For the first time in a long time no 1X or 2X.
Reminds me of a song..."Walking on sunshine...", and thats what I'm feeling right now! Everyone have a great day tommorow...bye
Old 03-14-2001, 07:46 PM   #8  

Hi!

This will be short because I have lower back pain and can't sit for long. Hope all of you are doing well. I'll check back in when I can sit for a while longer.

Gail, BRAT, BRAT, BRAT! Way to go starting the thread!

Trish
Old 03-14-2001, 09:11 PM   #9  
A Real Woman!

Default Just saying HI!

Just stopping by to say.... been lurking the last few days and have not had time to post.

I am glad to read that everyone is doing well, winning monies, losing weight, drinking water and staying OP!

My bf's mom is coming in next week from Florida and I am doing my best to spring clean. Working on the carpets, curtains, and dusting all the nooks and crannies that I miss in routine straightening.

Things at work are hectic and they are talking about a 10% lay-off/firing. everyone is pretty nervous, not knowing who's going to get it next. Our general production is slow - due to the economy and no one's out spending big bucks on new vehicles. Even though production is down, we (in the lab) have test parts coming out of our ears. I lost one girl on Monday (due to attendance) and now we are on mandatory 10 hour days. Can't complain too loudly because the money is much needed, but it does get old after a few weeks. I am keeping my eyes open for something to leap out of the horizon, although I am not keen on moving. I rec'd a call today from a friend at one of our other plants in Evansville, IN and they are looking for someone with my type of experience. I am thinking...... not going to jump the boat just yet.

It's kind of strange, but I have found myself eating every 2-3 hours. Small meals though. Banana for breakfast, 1/2 reduced fat pb&j 3 hours later, an orange a couple of hours after that, then the other half of my sandwich, 2-3 hershey kisses and then a snack when I get home from work (apple, orange or carrots) and then dinner later.... eating way too late at night, but I usually eat dinner with Tim when he gets home from work at about 10:30pm. We usually don't go to bed until after 1am though....

Sorry I didn't address anyone and this was a me,me,me post.....

Hugs to all!

Love, Joanna
Old 03-14-2001, 10:14 PM   #10  

Default Freckle's bedroom

Well Gail asked, so you can blame her…. LOL. The baby’s room – WELL!

First we rent, so we cannot paint the walls or anything, so we figured we needed colour in what we put in the room. We also are not full of $ so we had to think about how to do it. So we bought a second hand cot (you call them cribs?) and matching change table in okay condition and from a second hand place at the tip we bought a small rocking chair, a small night table and a cupboard/chest of drawers. All up we spent $102 on the furniture! Bargain! We then sanded it all back, undercoated everything and then sanded again and painted two coats of paint. That took weeks to do properly. The cot, cupboard and change table are this lovely fun blue and the rocking chair and night table are purple. Also on the cot we have put these wooden Winnie the Pooh, Piglet, Eye-ore and Tigger faces (they are meant to be drawer handles, but they look great). Only small, but they look great!

Then I took an old material shoe stacker and dyed it denim blue and stamped little teddy bears on it, this is for the nappies (we are using cloth). I’ve made a cushion for the chair – bright orange with a Winnie-the-Pooh transfer on it and with the same material I am making a sling kinda thing to hang on a hook on the wall with soft toys in it. I just today bought a night-light that has the same theme and the pictures rotate around and project with the light – so cute! This weekend a lady is coming to measure for curtains that will probably be bright gold/yellow. And we will stick some transfers on the cupboard – not sure what yet.

We are really happy with how it is going, especially as we have done all the work ourselves, and there has been a lot of it. We don’t have much left to buy; it is all coming together nicely. So exciting!

When I go on maternity leave (6 days, yay!) I’m going to create a web site for the baby and I’ll put a picture of the room on there I think. I’ll be sure to post here and let you all know so you can go and check it out!

Okay, I’ll shut up now. Love to all
Sam
Old 03-14-2001, 10:24 PM   #11  
CH

This is scary ladies, we have had 3 sunny days in a row. I even wore short sleeves today! I love this! Hope it continues until summer.

Bernice - 102.8 lbs. WOW!!!! I know you are proud. How long has it taken? That's about what I want to lose. Good for you and that's good for us because it motivates all of us.

angel-eyes - Those "light bulb" moments are wonderful! I just wonder why it takes us so long to figure it out. You are right now let's remember that so we never gain those ugly lbs. back. An XL sounds great. It's been so long since I could even squeeze into that one.

Trish - Take care of that back. It can cause so much trouble. Lie down every chance you get.

Joanna - I am so tickled to be hearing from you again. I think we started here about the same time. If you moved to Evansville we would be about 30 minutes apart. I would love that. Keep me posted. I think small meals are the way to go, you don't ever feel really hungry that way.

I would like to explain to you why CJ found me post 41 but it would take to long and is not worth the effort. Let's just say I was lost!

Have a great day and stay OP. BTW it is 9:16 p.m. here. I don't understand this time thing either.
Carolyn
Old 03-14-2001, 10:37 PM   #12  
CH

Sam we must have been posting at the same time. Your nursery sounds beautiful. Babies love color and your little one will be happy there. This is such a happy time in your life, I envy you going through this. My blessing upon your family.
Carolyn
Old 03-15-2001, 08:30 AM   #13  
Long Lost Chickie

Sorry I've been away so long. And this post is going to be quick. Sorry again. But my two days off were absolute bliss!!! Ran around shopping and visiting and did stuff around the house. It was great. Wish I could do that every week!

However, back at work yesterday and trying to catch up with all I missed. No one does anything around here when I'm not here!!!! (She said humbly.) Hope to post for real soon.

Other quick news. Saturday's weigh-in was awful but I'm being good this week. Sunday I finally told mom and dad that I'm moving (moved) in with Rich. They took it better than expected. I continue to clean house and drag much stuff to the curb each week. Rich hasn't complained ... yet.

And, true to form, Mike cancelled out on me on Sunday and again on Monday night and I cancelled out on him on Tuesday night. Just goes to show....

Have to run. Another day, another dollar or two.

Much love, Jo.
Old 03-15-2001, 10:35 AM   #14  
Veggie Princess

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

Gail - Way to be a brat! : ) You go girl! Skipping between the threads never works. I usually just start a notpad document or something and then just cut and paste what I wrote into my post. That way I can skip between whatever I want and don't have to worry about loosing my post!

Bernice - Your post is so encouraging to me. 102 lbs!!! That is absolutely incredible. I know you feel like a different person

Angel - It sure does feel good to pick a size smaller than usual. I am looking forward to that very much so.

Trish - Sorry to hear about your back. I know that it is really bad to have low back pain. It can make almost everything uncomfortable.

Joanna - Me posts are great. It let's us all know what's up with you. Sounds like you are doing great. I am glad to hear that.

Sam - I am so happy for you. The room sounds lovely. I can't wait to see the pictures. My newest nephew is due any day now. I just can't wait to see him. I am ready to have a newborn around again. Maybe someday I can have one of my own.

Jo - Glad you enjoyed your days off. I am glad you and Rich are doing so well.

Well gals. A big Howdy to everyone I didn't mention personally. I am running out of time here.

Gotta go

Gina
Old 03-15-2001, 11:27 AM   #15  

Good Morning to Everyone!

So nice to come here today and find so many new posts. It's always great to hear what everyone is up to.

Sam, your baby's room sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see pictures of it. You have put so much effort and love into it. Your baby will feel it and will be happy in that special room. Good for you using cloth diapers too. I'm all for that - environment and all. Just a few more days and you will be free to enjoy the final part of your pregnancy. Lots of love to you.

Bernice, you are a legend in your own time. Makes me feel so ashamed that I can't get it together at the moment. I know how important it is to get rid of some of this excess weight, but somehow it is not sinking in. Help! Guess the important thing is not to stop trying. Congratulations to you on your fantastic loss. Can you see how green I am with envy? LOL

CH, I'm so glad for you that you like WW. I know it is a really healthy plan and once you get used to it, makes losing so much more fun when you know that you can pretty much have whatever you want. I spent yesterday with my little grandaughter Cambree. What fun! I had her all to myself and it was great. How is little Rachel?

Jo, I am so glad that you never got together with Mike. Blessings come in all kinds of different ways. Great that you enjoyed your time off so much.

Ginabob, good to hear from you. I agree with you - Bernice is our inspiration. Thanks for reminding me how I can read the previous thread while posting.

CJ, I should have known you were out trying to win more money. You are getting pretty good at that. How are you doing?

Trish, take care of that back. I've had lower back problems for years. Sure can make life miserable. I do sympathize and hope you are better soon. {{{{{TRISH}}}}} Big hug for you.

Joanna, sorry to hear that your plant is cutting back. Hope it does not affect you personally. You reminded me that I need to houseclean too. My MIL is coming for a visit in about a month. You would think that would give me plenty of time, but knowing me, I will put everything off till the last minute. Your eating small meals is the way many people go. I remember seeing Dolly Parton on TV talking about how she eats and she does that too. Keep on doing so well. How is your sister Carolyn feeling? Hope she is well soon.

Regency - Thinking of you and hope you are getting better. {{{{{CAROLYN}}}}}

Angeleyes, way to go! Going from the plus sizes to a regular XL is fantastic. Gives a nicer choice of clothing. Good for you!

Sherry, I would be interested in reading the article on aspartame. Could you send it to me at [email protected], please?

Well, guess I had better get off here and go get some work done. I just got my beater bar for my vacuum back from repair. Needless to say we are kneedeep in cathair. Guess what I will be doing today. LOL Maybe I should vacuum Little Big too. LOL

Everyone have a good day and will talk to you soon. Love, G
Closed Thread