Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-11-2008, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 258/256/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Hello and help with mini - goals

Hello everyone!

I need some help. I would like to set some mini-goals for myself, but really not sure what reasonable mini-goals would be for me.

I don't want to set the bar so high I always fail, nor make it too easy. But I think having mini-goals to reach would help me keep going.

I'm 5'2". My current start weight was 200, I'm at 194, and I'd like to get down to 140.

Any insight would be EVER so appreciated!

Thank you!
L
Llama with a whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:37 PM   #2  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi Llama.
It isn't always easy to select a goal.
My current mini-goal is to exercise 5-6 days a week during December. I often fall off my exercise bandwagon, so hopefully making regular exercise a mini-goal, with a reward will assist me in sticking to my healthy choices.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #3  
Workin' It

My mini-goal for December is to do weight training at least two days per week, three if possible. I dropped the weight training a few weeks ago and I miss it. Concurrent with that goal is the goal to add the weight training without dropping the yoga that I picked up over the last six weeks.

What diet plan are you using? You could make a goal related to that? A certain number of calories or points for so many days, or, exercise, or even to lose xx number of pounds by Christmas or New Year's. I don't know how fast you are losing, but you could say "Ten pounds gone by Valentine's Day", that is a little over a pound per week.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:01 PM   #4  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Here are some goals I have made:

Exercise 1200 minutes in a month.
Exercise x number of days per month.
Lose 5 pound in a month.
Reach 10 pounds lost mark, 15, 20, etc.
Reach 10% lost, 15%, etc.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

Red face what yoga does

Does Yoga help you to lose weigh , or no ..... i don't like to do that kind of exercise because i feel like , nothing ,i may be wrong , that is why am asking . Thanks
Tuca125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 335.8/335.8/150

Height: 5'6''

I have a fair bit of weight to lose and I am thinking about it in ten pound increments. It's easier for me to think about losing ten pounds thanthe total amount...
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:11 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I've seen mixed reviews on if yoga helps you lose weight or not, what it does for me is help my flexibility, posture, and strength. I do pretty intensive cardo yoga workouts, so I'm moving a lot - according to my HRM I burn a decent number of calories on some of those. Some of the slower flows, not so much.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 258/256/160

Height: 5'2"

Wow, thanks guys, lot to think about!

All the variable ways of looking at it can make my head spin. Exercise, weight, %'s, inches....

I already exercise at least 5 days a week, cardio on my recumbant bike. I used to belly dance and want to mix that back in, but am scared (yes, it scares me ) to not do the cardio and mix up with some belly dancing dvds...silly I know....but the idea of spending the same 45 mins/hour exercising and not burning as many calories as possible freezes me....when in the long run I KNOW mixing in BD and some weight training would probably be more advantageous.

Well, for now maybe just 5 pound increments....my brain hurts ::Cackles::: .

So I'll start with 190 by the end of Dec...

Thanks again for all your help!!!
Llama with a whip is offline   Reply With Quote