The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default TBL Season 6 - Show Discussion - **SPOILERS** - #2 - Dec 9 onward

We're 3 shy of 500 posts on the other thread - time to start a new one!! No doubt the finale will generate a lot more posts between now and next week!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:41 AM   #2  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug41 View Post
I'm voting for Mr. 2 pounds

Heba didn't do herself any favors hooking her star to Vicky...

... or by rolling her eyes when Allison broke the news...\

Also, I'm SO incredibly happy for Michelle. She showed nothing but class through the entire process and I love how honest she is. What a woman!
I hope Michelle takes it all, and you're right! She has shown a great amount of class whereas Icky has been nothing but a (b)witch the entire time and Hubba was fast on her heels. BOTH of them behaved badly and turned off a lot of people this season. I pray Michelle loses more, even if she wins by a mere 1%, it would be AWESOME!!!!

Off off to the NBC site to vote for ED! LOL!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 AM   #3  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

You can go vote up to 10 times HERE!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #4  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Yes, I've already voted for Ed 5 times online. I see Heba as the greater threat too, so putting him in the final 3 is better for Michelle.

I will go crazy if Vicky wins. Ack.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:53 AM   #5  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

I'm pimping the next Biggest Loser challenge, sign ups are going on now over at this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=1#post2490424

Last edited by dixied; 12-10-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:53 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I REEEEEALY hope Ed pimping votes for Heba is not part of the gameplay.....but I bet it is.

Statistically, Ed in the final 3 benefits Michelle more than if Heba was in.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #7  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I want Michelle to win and one of the Amy's to take the 100K prize. I really liked Amy(the daughter) and she is my first choice (man still kicking her for not booting Vicki) but wouldnt it be a nice burr in Vicki's butt if Phil/Amy won and Vicki got NADA
Old 12-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
I REEEEEALY hope Ed pimping votes for Heba is not part of the gameplay.....but I bet it is.

Statistically, Ed in the final 3 benefits Michelle more than if Heba was in.
Oh it totally was. He sandbagged in the hopes that Michelle fell below with him.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
I have heard(i think in this site) that they would be startign anew in January. Does anybody what the theme will be? I am tired of couples I want my singles back?
Couples again, unfortunately. I fear we will have more drama llamas. I think the next season should be all single people with no connection whatsoever. Let's see more Matt & Suzy type interaction, less evil alliances.

On Yahoo there was a survey about who should win this season:

PRIMETIME ASKS!

Who should win "The Biggest Loser"?

Ed 3%
Heba 10%
Vicky 3%
Michelle 85%

Who is the 3% voting for Vicky? In what way does she deserve to win anything but Miss Un-Congeniality!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Other miserable people like her who just show up to throw the vote? They are the cynists in life on all facets.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #11  

I did some calculations. Assuming my math is correct, if Michelle loses another 30 lbs by the finale (absolutely do-able IMO), in order to beat her, Vicki would have to lose 36 lbs at home, Heba 50 lbs, and Ed 70 lbs. So, IMO, Vicki is the only real threat to Michelle as long as Michelle keeps with the program. Even with winning the BL meal Plan, how likely is it that Heba or Ed would pull those big numbers at home this late in the game???
Old 12-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraitLover View Post
I did some calculations. Assuming my math is correct, if Michelle loses another 30 lbs by the finale (absolutely do-able IMO), in order to beat her, Vicki would have to lose 36 lbs at home, Heba 50 lbs, and Ed 70 lbs. So, IMO, Vicki is the only real threat to Michelle as long as Michelle keeps with the program. Even with winning the BL meal Plan, how likely is it that Heba or Ed would pull those big numbers at home this late in the game???
They get 4 months at home before the finale, right?

That means to lose over 50 lbs, Heba needs to lose over 3.125 pounds a week. I hate to say it, but it is possible. Healthy, probably not. But possible, yes. Also we need to account for dehydration at the finale. They will purposely dehydrate themselves to lose the excess water weight.

Someone correct me on how long they have at home and I will break out the spreadsheet with the stats.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/135

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
You can go vote up to 10 times HERE!
Thanks for posting this.

Go Ed!!!

Ed totally gamed his weigh in. Perhaps if he had been honest he might have pushed Heba and Vicky to the bottom, but that didn't happen.

For sure they wanted to split up to increase their chances of winning both the at home and biggest loser prize.

I too am disappointed that we are going the couple route again. Hope they, NBC and the producers, mix it up better to prevent this kind of audience polarizing with Vicky and entourage. However, it sure did create a lot of buzz for the show.

Didn't someone post that Kim will be back too so we will have 3 trainers?

Have always loved Bob and still do except for him promoting blue forever to a fault. Hope he changes a bit as a result of seeing himself this season.

Always liked Jillian but didn't love her. She has changed my opinion this year too. Would love to have the opportunity to spend 3 months on the ranch even if I had to figure out how to pay for it.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post

Who is the 3% voting for Vicky? In what way does she deserve to win anything but Miss Un-Congeniality!
haha...but seriously, tell me about it. What was NBC thinking when they chose her to be on this show??? Let's take it in a new direction. People don't want to be inspired anymore, oh no, they want to watch tv to find someone to hate!!

Geez.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixied View Post
They get 4 months at home before the finale, right?

That means to lose over 50 lbs, Heba needs to lose over 3.125 pounds a week. I hate to say it, but it is possible. Healthy, probably not. But possible, yes. Also we need to account for dehydration at the finale. They will purposely dehydrate themselves to lose the excess water weight.
Sure, it's possible, but I just don't think she'll do it.

Last edited by StraitLover; 12-10-2008 at 02:11 PM.