Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 06:41 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ Weekly Thread #1188

300 + Weekly Thread # 1188

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support, inspiration, and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #2  

Val- you have already started on your journey back..you posted!! I am so happy you have a job you love! As for the candy dish...think about all those empty calories everyone is comsuming...I hate when candy talks to me...it will say you know you want to eat me...i taste so good. I keep trying to tell myself seeing the scales go down tastes better than anything else. I thought about you the other day because my daughter is now the proud owner of a horse. Her boyfriend bought it for her ...i told her if they break up he gets custody!! We live in town...i cant imagine it tied up in my tiny yard.LOL

cyn_ great job on the list..sounds fun. I might try to do something similar on my daily planner. I keep it at my computer desk at home and that is where i keep my calories and water and exercise..so it might be fun to add a challenge a day to it as well. thanks for the idea!

Annie- hun thanks for all the support about my brothers surgery. You know its been a while in coming but he is ready. I talked with him last night and he said he was so scared. They were giving him something for his nerves. I will let you know how it goes as soon as mom calls me.

Carol- Hope you have a great week at work.

Penny- hugs i know you are lurking...

Im going to have an extremely busy week as I have all 3 kids for the next 2 weeks. They are all showing signs of turning 3. I think age 3 is much harder than age 2. We are suppost to get into the 50s today.I plan on taking them outside to play for a bit. I need fresh air and i know they do also. I miss being outside so much!!!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful week and stays OP. Make sure you drink your water..it really does help!!!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning all,

Debi: Have a great day outside with the kids. I have been praying this morning for all of the people here on 3fc and their families. I will pray for courage for your brother and for him to be peacful. Did you get those gifts wrapped? How was it bathing your Grandaughter?

Carol: Fantastic op day you had! Way to go. How is your Dad doing? My DH is so sweet. He came into our room yesterday when I was watching tv and asked out of the blue how your Dad is. He said he has been praying for him and wanted an update. I just love my man. So, please let us know how he is doing now when you can. Hugs.

Vallieeee: I was thrilled to see your post. Congrats on the new job! You deserve some wonderful things in your life. So sorry about your ankle. Ouchie. I am proud of you for coming back right now and not waiting for Jan 1st. Great job. So sorry about your friends. Hugs, hugs, hugs. Now. About your path to change it and how to do it. I suggest that you take one day at a time. Change one thing right now. Kind of like Cyn was saying. Be sure to drink X amount of water per day. Only concentrate on that. Once you have that down in a week or two, whatever it takes, then add something else. Like say everytime you want some candy from the evil candy dish, pop a piece of gum or drink down some water. Not sure what will help you but I know that you are a strong, strong determined woman. I've seen it. As far as failing... well. trying no matter how many times we stumble doesn't equal failure. You are not, not, not a failure. You are trying. Do not allow your brain to call out names to yourself or to belittle yourself. Pretend that brain when it does that is another person and chastise it and say, "nope, you can't treat her that way, she is an amazing woman". Love yourself sweetie. I used to call myself sooooo many names. Even in my journaling. I would call myself fat, blubber, Jabba the hut. Then I heard my dad one time when I let him read my weight loss journal. He asked my sister, "What is a jabba". It just hit me hard. The damage I was doing calling myself names. So, try it even if you don't believe it, try to stop being unkind to you. Try to say outloud, "I'm not a failure, I'm a tryer and soon I will be a winner" Congratulate yourself when you do something on your list right. Drink an extra glass of water then say... "Great job Val". And, finally. Lesson we've learned from our beautiful Catherine.... You can do flutter kicks on your bed, you can do situps on your bed to start somewhere. You can do it hun. I know you can.

Cyn: I think your calendar with goals sounds FANTASTIC!!!! Great idea.

Catherine: I hope you are doing well and want you to know that we are missing you.

I guess for now that is it. I need to go brush my teeth and hit the road. It is almost 4:30 and I have to be at work by 5 today. Tomorrow is my early day and I need to be there by 4 a.m. UGH!!!! That means I need to get up at 2:30tomorrow!!

Okay guys, have a very op, bootie moving, water drinking day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 12-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #4  

annie- bathing my precious granddaughter was wonderful. Such a great honor to get to give her a bath...she screamed at first and then her mommy came in and place another washcloth on her tummy and she calmed right down. Guess she likes to be covered...LOL We snuggled a little after her bath and then hubby wanted his turn and she curled up and went sound asleep snuggling with him. Yes she has us both wrapped!!!
Speaking of wrapping..does 2 presents count?? I truly hate wrapping and its such a chore to me. I know some people love love love wrapping ...i hate hate hate it!!!! I also think i got spoiled over the years ...my oldest daughter has done most of mine for years...To bad she isnt home to do it again.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 340/278/170

Height: 5'5"

Val: *HUGS* Congrats on the job and nice to meet you. Welcome back and yay for horses! I've been on like one horse and I was terrified, but they are so pretty and majestic! lol

Cyn: ACK! I was deep in thought this morning about making a list of goals and then separating them out day by day. Like specific tasks that I can do, starting with small things and moving up to larger, more in depth tasks. The problem I have is I am overwhelmed currently. I've been struggling for the last few months and getting sick at the worst possible time really has put me behind where I want to be! So, I think a goal oriented list, that is something I can manage is key. *digs out her planner*...

As for me: I'm finally well...I found out that all the friggin' soda I drank, ginger ale, while I was sick did a horrible number on my system. I hadn't had that much sugar in so long. So, I think it took me longer to get well. Next time I'll stick with ginger tea, but hopefully there won't like be a next time for a few years lol. I went through a bit of a fussy sugar withdrawal and that wasn't pleasant, but it did remind me WHY I cut out all that crap to begin with! So, now I'm back to my "merging into raw foodism" mentality and if I want something sweet, I'll have like raw honey thank you VERY much!

Going to move my tushy today with cardio and maybe walking later. I have to make an appointment for my kitty to go see the vet. We found a lump in her side, a bit of a worry, but I'm hoping it is is just a cyst. She is still a bratty brat, so as I type this she is leaning up against the heater I tell her NOT to lean up against. lol

*HUGS YOU ALL*
Old 12-08-2008, 10:22 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone. Checking in as it was weigh-in #3 (2.5 weeks in). I'm down 2.4 pounds this week, for a total of 10.4 in 17 days. I'm fine with that.
I hope all of you are doing well and staying strong, and sorry for my short boring posts, lol.

~Melissa
Old 12-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #7  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Val, I am glad to see you in the postings again, we have missed you.

I am so sick, I though I was going to pass out last night. Trying to walk to my bed was a major effort at bedtime. This is my little break from laying down this morning/noonish time. I will get back in here when I am feeling better.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:25 PM   #8  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hello everyone and good evening

Just a fly by night visit today as I do not have the energy to do anything else. With travelling some 300 miles today it has worn me out. Tomorrow time is short on the ground as I have treament and that wears me out. Tiredness is a side effect of the treatment it last for that day. After that it is when find you get all the benefits.

I am going to a christmas buffet tomorrow evening. So in order to counter act some of the calorie to be consumed I will be eatin light all day till we go. On the buffet i am going to be restraited and think seriously about what I am choosing. So this way I will not be too far out of my calories for the day. I can eat ligher the next day to so things should even themselves out.

i am making tracks for bed now as I am really shattered and need some matchsticks. so night all and take care

purpleorc

Last edited by purpleorc; 12-08-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

You know the best thing about not dieting when times are tough? Being able to comfort eat with no guilt lol. I officially have the Step Daughter from ****, and after another day of complete c**p from her I am now tucking into some of the Christmas treats I bought. Don't worry gals, I'll not go overboard, and I know this isn't teaching me to make the lifestyle change. But right now I just think so what.

Anyway just wanted to pop on and say hi and to thank everybody for the wonderful welcome back. And yes Heather you are right, it's not nice to know others are struggling, but it does help to know you aren't on your own. Like you said too, just because we struggle doesn't mean we shouldn't be here. Friends always is what we are, fat or thin, dieting or not, and I intend to stay here for good

Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 12-08-2008, 07:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Val - it is beyond wonderful to see you posting. I always miss you. Please keep posting and take care of yourself.

Ammi - same for you - you have added so much to my journey!

Debi - how is your brother? Prayers are heading that way. Please keep us posted.

Annie - prayer is powerful. Dad is doing much better. Mom is jealous of the attention he has been receiving so I would say they are nearly back to normal. His heart is worn out with his pacemaker making his heart beat 88% of the time so I will take each day we have. Thank your special DH for his prayers too!

Cyn - I love the calendar idea - I'm thinking of drawing something out of a hat each day to change up my routine - may be more water - more exercise - a special 30 minutes just for me, etc.

Jacquie - glad you are finally feeling better. Sorry about the evil soda - boy I don't even know the last time I had a soda. Great job in stepping right back OP.

Melissa - great job on the release this week!

Toni - hope you feel better soon. Please take care of yourself.

OK - Catherine, Rat, Penny, Debbie, Angie, Mimi, and ............ come out come out wherever you are. We miss you - we need you!

Johnnie - our prayers are with you. Looking forward to you feeling better soon.

I'm almost embarrassed to say my exercise today was 12 minutes - think I'm gonna have to do more - surely I can. Seems I got bored very quickly today. My fish needs to bake for 30 minutes - hmmmmmmmm - any ideas about how to pass the time?

Move your bodies (Carol), drink your water (Penny) and SMILE (everyone).

hugs,
Carol
Old 12-08-2008, 09:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Default Itchiness is back....

Hi all,

For some reason I gained a little weight over the weekend (constipation...TMI). Everything seems to have worked itself out...so to speak. I only lost one pound this past week, and TOM is due this week. If I do ok this week, I may change my weigh-in date to later in the week. If TOM brings weight gain, I will stick with the one pound lost.

Off-topic, I know...but dear god my legs itch again. I don't know what the deal is. This time there are notable bumps, scratches (yes, that was me), and small dry circular patches. It makes it feel like my skin is crawling, and scratching it feels better than ... many other things in life. But I know....no scratching. DH is going to pick me up something to see if it will stop itching. If not, will need to go to the Dr, because I either go to the Dr or go insane. Argh. Itch itch itch. By the way, I have NEVER had itching problems until the last few weeks, maybe a month. I talked to my mom on the phone tonight and she said my dad used to have this problem as well....I asked what caused it and apparently it was his nerves. Since I have no changed soap, laundry stuff, shampoo, or foods, I am wondering if it may be that for me too. Hopefully not. Itch itch itch.

Val and Ammi - So nice to see you.

Carol - exercise girl

Annie - 2:30 is insane. Just like the itches.

Cyn - go make that calendar. I am (slightly) OCD about calendars, tracking, planning, etc. I printed out a monthly exercise requirement. I enter (99% of the time) my morning and evening weight on a calendar I got for christmas last year. I try to do my food plan on dailyplate every day....although due to itching, I don't feel like it tonight.

Purpleorc - nice to see you, even if it is a fly by

Toni - sorry you are so sick

Debi - I second, third and fourth the hate of wrapping presents. It looks like I wrap with my feet. Poor DH has a present under the tree that looks like it was in an automobile accident. I cut the paper too short, and stuck another piece (only enough to cover the gap mind you) OVER the rest of the paper. He wraps very well, but I stink at it. I hope your brother did well with the surgery.

Vilandra and Jacquie - hiya kiddos.

I am going to head off and attempt to not scratch. OK, I am really going to go scratch like there is no tomorrow.

Take care and be well,
Angie
Old 12-08-2008, 09:18 PM   #12  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Thanks SOOOOO much for the warm welcome back. You guys rock! You're the best cheer leaders, heart warmers and great leaders! I have to be brief because I had insomnia last night and I'm just dopey today, but I I had a pretty good day today. I'm getting better on the stairs as the leg continues to heal, and although I had mini tootsie rolls for lunch, overall the day was good. I started out by actually COOKING breakfast. Starting the day with a couple of eggs got me off to a good start. A good night's sleep is next.

Thanks again. Best wishes to you all! I look forward to chatting more in the future!

AMMI - my condolances on the SDFH. I have one too.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:21 PM   #13  

My brother came thru surgery great!! The dr said he had done a good job the last week in dieting and shrinking his liver.He was 13lbs lighter today than last week. They also discovered a hernia while in there and fixed it. I am anxious to talk to him tommorow. I may read up on what he can expect from here. I do know that he will not be able to eat real food for awhile. I am excited to see how this tool(WLS) will help him live a much longer healthier life.
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers..I think i was more nervous about him having surgery than i realised.I found myself watching the clock.His surgery took a little over 2 hours. Keep the prayer coming for his speedy recovery.
I have eaten too little today...not sure why...just not really hungry today. I will make sure i do better tommorow.I did do lots and lots of toe touches today as i picked up over 300 pecans at the playground today.We hit 55 degrees today and tommorow we are going to be 28 for the high...bbrrr.
Im heading to bed...and yes i did get some wrapping done...maybe half way done wrapping. babysteps...LOL
Old 12-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #14  

angie_ i have a friend who has the same problem with her nerves causing her to break out all over. You might should go to the dr and get it checked out.
Also have you been taking hot baths?? she has the same problem if she takes long hot baths...
Old 12-09-2008, 12:12 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Hello Everyone! I'm here. Have been coming by and reading your posts and have been wishing all of you lots of inwardly-focused love and compassion. It sounds like we are all needing lots of that these days!

My follow-up mammogram on Friday came back positive and they sent me to the radiology department for an ultrasound which also came back positive. Next step is a biopsy. It's been a hard weekend - not freaking out per-se, but I am feeling emotionally tired and in need of peace and quiet.

Regarding food, I'm facing a challenge. The antidepressants I started right before thanksgiving have been interfering with my hunger cues. Like many of you know, my eating depends on my body's hunger cues. I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. Well, the past couple of weeks I noticed myself feeling lightheaded and headachy. After some trial and error, I realized that since I wasn't feeling hunger, I was not eating even though my body was hungry; this was making me lightheaded.

I'm guessing that the first week on the meds I didn't eat enough because I was rarely hungry - gained 1.5 pounds in that week. This week I am feeling a bit of hunger, which is a relief! I have worked YEARS to learn to eat this way and don't want to be forced to eat when I don't feel hungry - that' s a HUGE no-no for this binge eater in recovery.

Most of the "side effects" of this drug are temporary and I'm hoping the lack of hunger cues is going away since it's the last side effect I have yet to kick. I've been eating enough and have since lost the 1.5 lbs I gained plus a bit more. I have to be super diligent though, so that I don't under eat.

Exercise and water intake are going well. And, the fabulous thing is that I continue to not binge - despite the stress and the heartache of my current life. It's amazing to be in the middle of all this turmoil and to be able to find solace inside instead of in food. I'm still amazed that this is even possible, and especially possible for me.

Last edited by NuevaVida; 12-09-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Closed Thread