South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 01:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Question Hardee's low carb burger..MMMMMM!

Had this on Sat. when we were out running around and it was delicious. Of course, got to hold the catsup. : )

Here in O'Fallon, MO you will pay $3.75 for it...I know it IS a little steep for a burger w/o bread and no fries but it was worth it.

Is this okay to eat on Phase 1? Before going further on this SB way of eating, I want to make sure what I am eating won't screw up the weight loss.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't know about this, but remember, our main concern is not carbs. With hamburgers, you want to eat lean ground beef, or use ground turkey or chicken. Maybe you could check the website to see what type of ground beef they are using. My guess is not lean, and probably this is technically not legal. It might be okay in a pinch, but I wouldn't eat it often. At the very least I'm sure it's quite salty.

ETA: I just looked at it on the website. It looks yummy. but they say Angus Ground Beef, so not lean, so technically not legal. Also the American cheese would not be lowfat and would not meet the guidelines. Having said that, if I was traveling or out running around and needed something to eat, I might get this, skip the cheese and ketchup, and I would only do it in an emergency. Given a choice, I'd make myself a burger at home.

Last edited by Schmoodle; 12-08-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Closed Thread